Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Phillips, Matthews, Purrington, Lockyer, Pearce (c), Gallagher, Leko, Pratley, Bonne, Morgan, Sarr

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Oshilaja, Taylor, Ledley, Solly, Vennings
  • Options
    5 at the back again then ffs
  • Options
    Jonny not deemed as ready yet, not taken the risk on him.
  • Options
    No Doughty in the squad either it appears.
  • Options
    6 subs again
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    5 at the back won't help us take the game to them, but I can't see us setting up anymore effectively. 

Doughty injured now!?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    This is just grim. Taylor for Purrington would make that look so much better, mind
  • Options
    Can't say I particularly agree with Bowyer's team choice today. Would rather see 4 at the back with the options we currently have available, but at least with Matthews and Morgan in we might offer more of an attacking threat going forwards.

• Options
    He's got a note from his mum; it's the school nativity play this evening.
  • Options
    I don't know enough about Hull to say what their formation is from the team news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alfie Doughty out with illness.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    we’ve got about as much chance with that line up as Corbyn and Swinson had last night. 
  • Options
    Frustrating to see 3 centre backs again. Expect to be overrun in midfield once more. 
  • Options
    Shite line up 
  • Options
    Can't say I particularly agree with Bowyer's team choice today. Would rather see 4 at the back with the options we currently have available, but at least with Matthews and Morgan in we might offer more of an attacking threat going forwards.

With that starting XI play a back four of Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Ben Purr.

Let BeckenSarr play at centre-half-back , push Pratley forward into the middle of the park to direct operations with Conor and Albie either side. Macca plays up front with Leko drifting through the half-forward line in his own unique way.

Give BeckenSarr the licence to bring the ball out (he went on a few good runs in the latter stages of Tuesday's game) and if he goes forward then Pratters drops back to cover.

Probably not a universally popular game plan but it's an option if you wanted to get away from the three centre back formation.
  • Options
    This is why people get frustrated, doesn't seem to be any learning form mistakes happening.
  • Options
    hopefully the full backs will cross the half way line tonight ...
  • Options
    Due to start but dropped out ill apparently. 
  • Options
    The above just won't work. Sarr does his best work when no expectation or pressing exists. 
  • Options
    we’ve got about as much chance with that line up as Corbyn and Swinson had last night. 
    We should play Corbyn at left wing back instead of Purrington...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should play Corbyn at left wing back instead of Purrington...
    He'd be hopeless - any pass to him would be out for a throw as he's so far left he'd be closer to the back row of the stand.
  • Options
    Fair to say that expectations on Sarr are as low as they've been for a while. Just the right time for a surprise free role ;)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    This is why people get frustrated, doesn't seem to be any learning form mistakes happening.
    Not much choice to do anything else is there
  • Options
    edited December 2019

With that starting XI play a back four of Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Ben Purr.

Let BeckenSarr play at centre-half-back , push Pratley forward into the middle of the park to direct operations with Conor and Albie either side. Macca plays up front with Leko drifting through the half-forward line in his own unique way.

Give BeckenSarr the licence to bring the ball out (he went on a few good runs in the latter stages of Tuesday's game) and if he goes forward then Pratters drops back to cover.

Probably not a universally popular game plan but it's an option if you wanted to get away from the three centre back formation.
    Since Josh has been injured we have not had anyone who can carry the ball out from the back. I expect Albie will be playing in that role today, and although he can certainly pick a good medium to long distant pass, with the formation we are playing he will only essentially have Gallagher, Boone and Leko to aim for.

I'd be happy for Sarr to try and bring the ball out, Pratley can always drop back into the back line to cover him and at least if he can dribble it out it pushes our players further up the pitch. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Fair to say that expectations on Sarr are as low as they've been for a while. Just the right time for a surprise free role ;)
    Not from me they're not.

I'm expecting His Royal Sarrness BeckenSarr the Enforcer to tear this game to shreds, dominating from centre-half-back: imperious runs, magical through-balls, 25-yard screamer into the top corner.

Something along those lines ...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    This doesn't wash for me, there are other choices. They may not be great ones but when 3 centre backs has been proven not to work recently it seems odd to persist with it. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I don't know enough about Hull to say what their formation is from the team news.
    What ...... no Chris Chilton or Ken Wagstaff starting for Hull tonight?

• Options
    Talal said:
    Croydon said:
    This doesn't wash for me, there are other choices. They may not be great ones but when 3 centre backs has been proven not to work recently it seems odd to persist with it. 
    It doesn't work when two of the three centre-backs are the skipper and BeckenSarr. I've no idea why but they never seem comfortable.

Swap one of them with Pratley and it's fine.
  • Options
    Urgh, Purrington at Wing Back again. No Williams, No Doughty. It ain't getting any prettier.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Talal said:
    Croydon said:
    What choices? - This isnt Football Manager!!

Oshilaja plays in Midfield and we have all four CBs playing, not worth the risk when you only need one to be injured for it to be risky to even play three at the back!!

Joe Ledley clearly isnt ready yet nor is Lyle Taylor

Sorry but the fact it doesnt wash with you or any of us is laughable seeing we dont have a scooby what happens in training
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!