Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ HELP!! - PLEASE READ +++

2»

Comments

• Options
    rananegra said:
    I put something in on Tuesday but can't tonight because of logistics (have dropped some stuff into the work one). Not on Twitter, but worth a try. Can @Ollywozere put something out on the Club's official feed to announce it? 

We shouldn't need foodbanks, but we do. The system allows people to wait up to 5 weeks for benefits and there are plenty living on less than a fiver a day. Don't want to get political on here in the main forum but people only get to use foodbanks if they are referred to them by the council or DWP or likewise: it's not an option for the feckless it's a temporary stopgap for people living in very difficult conditions. 

We've been pushing it quite heavily throughout the week and will continue to be doing so today. Hopefully we will have a good number of people donating this evening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just hope the Old Bill don't nick me as I get off the train at Charlton with a couple of tins in my pocket.

I do understand the sentiment in all this but going to an evening football match may not be that conducive to rocking up with a bag of provisions. 
  • Options
    Easy really, carrier bag filled up at Sainsburys, or anywhere else- drop it at the van behind the West stand. 

Be interested to hear from anyone else with any other fears or anxieties around this, however trivial ..! :neutral:
  • Options
    @AFKABartram if you're going to drop something off, can you drop in £10 for me, and I'll transfer it to you now? text me your deets.  

I'm going to see Shed Seven tonight so can't make the match but would really like to donate something. Ideally sanitary products, but understand you may not want to buy them on my behalf!  
  • Options
    Got pasta sauce, tinned meat (ugh) instant mashed potato and tinned vegetables for tonight.
    I wish it wasn't necessary.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Got pasta sauce, tinned meat (ugh) instant mashed potato and tinned vegetables for tonight.
    Good man Seth, needed or not so needed it is the thought that counts and it will be appreciated by whoever eats it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Nothing wrong with a tin of corned beef. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    if anyone one thinks the Benefit system is adequate clearly hasn’t /dosnt live on it . I’ve been poor in my life . I’m reasonably comfortable at the moment . But also aware that could change at anytime . I’d urge anyone who can to give something . I gave some stuff on Tuesday and have been paid so will do so again . Also if anyone has a spare few quid , buy a toy for the tree 
  • Options
    I think the lack of donations is more to do with midweek rather than a weekend. Last year we bought loads of stuff, but I struggle mid-week to even get to the game for kick off.
  • Options
    Done 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Cardinal Sin there and looks the response has been better than last game which is good considering how empty the ground looks.
  • Options
    Dropped some tins off and a bit of money as managed to get there early enough, quite a lot in the van and @pico said it was better than Tuesday.
  • Options

Thoughts?

I suppose you need to know what others have contributed throughout the year.

Personally, I feel that you can always do more. However my company and myself have contributed to many causes during the year. Will not divulge but I feel satisfied with the effort, financial input and engagement.

So... it is not all about one cause as there are many hidden donations.

However if you are not impoverished and done nada for any cause, then shame on you really....