Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Bellamy RIP

Gwapple me gwapenuts

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A real character from back in the day and one who like Magnus Pyke got you interested in their field of expertise. RIP.
  • Options
    Bloody hell.....they're all going at the moment.

RIP.
  • Options
    One of my heroes as a kid.

RIP
  • Options
    What a shame but hwad a gwood innwings...

Another childhood hero gone.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad to hear, he never did get the comeback he craved. Read an interview where he bemoaned the BBC dropping him, I think it was cos he denied the climate crisis was real. Which, for a guy who used to get close up to the kinds of bugs that are now disappearing, was pretty crazy. I wonder if he changed his mind before the end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Loved his stuff as a kid, RIP.
  • Options
    Ohhh bloody hell..... Another one gone.... RIP David Bellamy...you are now down in "The undergwothe" 
  • Options
    Met him twice - once as a kid when he came to my school, and then again when I was working at the British Library - he remembered the school! Lovely, lovely man. 
  • Options
    Always came across with warmth and a twinkle in his eye.

Decent artist too.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A childhood favourite. RIP David
  • Options
    good ol boy .. R I P
  • Options
    RIP, used to love his programmes when I was a kid.

Met him very briefly once in the early 90’s. Oxleas woods were under threat (can’t remember the details) and a concert had been arranged to help highlight the issues. We went to see a local band called Natural Life who were playing there and DB was walking around chatting to the crowd.
    The planned East London River crossing (across the Thames between Beckton and Plumstead) was originally meant to continue through the Oxleas Woods through to the A2 at Falconwood. There were a lot of protests about this and it was dropped
  • Options
    Used to love watching his shows as a kid. A bit like Terry Nutkins he made learning about nature enjoyable. RIP David
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP, loved watching programmes like Botanic Man
  • Options
    RIP, used to love his programmes when I was a kid.

Met him very briefly once in the early 90’s. Oxleas woods were under threat (can’t remember the details) and a concert had been arranged to help highlight the issues. We went to see a local band called Natural Life who were playing there and DB was walking around chatting to the crowd.
    The planned East London River crossing (across the Thames between Beckton and Plumstead) was originally meant to continue through the Oxleas Woods through to the A2 at Falconwood. There were a lot of protests about this and it was dropped
    That’s it, cheers.
  • Options
    Loved his work.  :)  RIP
  • Options
    Loved his work.  :)  RIP
    This would probably be classed as racist nowadays!
  • Options
    Loved his tv work as a kid.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:8
    Oh, that is a shock - he was my college tutor at Durham in the early 1970s, and helped me through a difficult time there.

A lovely man; he told us students that as a youngster, an early ambition had been to be a ballet dancer (!).
    When he turned to studying biology, he decided to study plants rather than animals "because they stay still - you don't have to chase after them".

RIP, David
    My old boss went to Durham, he did chemistry rather than biology, but played many games of five a side football against DB. He said he did that with the same enthusiasm he did everything else, a top bloke.

Sad to see him go, but a good innings.

RIP
  • Options
    He brightened up my childhood. RIP.
  • Options
    Loved David Bellamy, part of the reason I got into science and nature