Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town | Tues 10 December | Match Thread

Comments

• We are such a poor poor team without Cullen. I cant think of a time managed to string 5 passes together that half.

Also, why can we never ever get the second ball?
  • Total crap.
  • Stoke beating Luton 2 - 0
  • Watching on the red button, all I can say is that was bloody awful!!!
  • I (thankfully) wasn’t at ‘Boro, but that was absolutely the worst 45 mins of football I’ve seen for a long time.
  • Come on sing along, altogether now “...Things will (hopefully) only get better..”
  • Will take a boring 0-0, we just need a clean sheet
  • Worst half of football I've seen this season   Shocking .
  • That was absolutely dreadful. Glad I stayed at home and watched on TV.
  • Just to add to the excitement the West Stand roof is leaking.....again.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    His Royal Sarrness put in a stonking saving challenge there, only for the ref to give a goal kick! Even refs hate him 😭
  • What has happened to Gallagher. He is slow, tackling awful, passing poor.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Lots of whys tonight ; why are Purrington and Pearce playing , why isn’t Morgan playing , why isn’t Oshilaja playing ?

Which left back would you play instead of Purrington?
    Doughty. Did more against Chef W to make our goal than Purrington has done all season. 
  • As poor as that was it was still a fair bit better than Saturday. Players at least look interested tonight there's just no quality.
  • Gosh this is dire! Can't complete even simple passes.
  • Shite, merde, Scheisse. 
  • When’s Cullen back?
  • edited December 2019
    Conditions can't be helping but what a terrible first half, we haven't created anything. All the while it's 0-0 we can still nick it. Needs a couple of subs and change of formation to give us a bit more going forward. COYRs.
  • Shiite 1st half I think we all agree. 
    Game is still there to be won though so let's stay positive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well.....that half was fun. Two poor teams who have no idea how to attack & have forgotten how to score a goal. Best in these conditions to treat it like you are 1-0 down with 5 to play & just hoof it.
  •  apart from phillips the rest should be embarrassed with that performance. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Lots of whys tonight ; why are Purrington and Pearce playing , why isn’t Morgan playing , why isn’t Oshilaja playing ?

Doughty. Did more against Chef W to make our goal than Purrington has done all season. 
    That sounds a bit silly, Golfie ..... Purrington scored himself at Barnsley.
  • That was absolutely dreadful. Glad I stayed at home and watched on TV.
    I'm so glad I driv for over 3 1/2 hours (Blackwall Tunnel approach road was dire) to get to The Valley for this.

The delayed kick off (and almost certainly a vindictive ref adding about 10 mins stoppage time in the second half) will probably contribute to me not getting home until about 1am.

And then we do it all again on Friday ...
  • Phillips and Doherty been decent, rest awful really, Purrington must be one of the worst lb's in the league
  • Gallagher Charltonised. Utterly useless first 45 by our team. Doesn't say much for Hfld.
  • Oggy Red said:
    wmcf123 said:

That sounds a bit silly, Golfie ..... Purrington scored himself at Barnsley.
    No he didn’t...
  • edited December 2019
     apart from phillips the rest should be embarrassed with that performance. 
    Apart from Dills, thought Solly and Doughty were the only ones just above a mark of 5 at the moment 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!