Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

An appeal to refs

When we get Jonny Williams back, can you please pull players up who foul him all of the time. It is your job after all.

Comments

• Most of them don't understand football anyway so I know it is a futile appeal. I was getting pretty fed up of it before he got injured because it was every F*ing game.
  • Same with bloody Oztumer as well

Typically when we do it, our players get booked (e.g. Pratley on Assombalonga) despite it being a deserved card too
  • Also, can you please send Jason Pearce off after 30 seconds and give us a chance of winning a game. 
  • Thankfully all of the EFL refs read Charlton Life so they'll be able to take your advice on board. 
    I must admit that I initially read this as "Thankfully all of the ELF refs read Charlton Life so they'll be able to take your advice on board."  

Time for Specsavers for me!

• It's a conspiracy against CAFC by the EFL. There can be no other explanation.
  • Thankfully all of the EFL refs read Charlton Life so they'll be able to take your advice on board. 
    I must admit that I initially read this as "Thankfully all of the ELF refs read Charlton Life so they'll be able to take your advice on board."  

Time for Specsavers for me!

You should become a ref!  :)
  • The top of the pyramid of refs is not high because so many give up at the early Sunday league stage due to the abuse they receive. The pool of refs is getting smaller.
  • It's a conspiracy against CAFC by the EFL. There can be no other explanation.
    Our new owners are just reluctant to show favouritism
  • As others have mentioned, it’s usually the whole team who target him so no individual ever gets punished despite them all taking turns attacking him though. Hopefully they’ll make a rule against it soon but don’t hold your breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• The second goal here, at 1min23, how is that not even a card for the stoke man, after such a cynical foul in the box?

https://youtu.be/xit51E3jFdA
  • JaShea99 said:
    As others have mentioned, it’s usually the whole team who target him so no individual ever gets punished despite them all taking turns attacking him though. Hopefully they’ll make a rule against it soon but don’t hold your breath.
    Could do with a similar rule to rugby where after persistent offences by the team the captain is warned that the next one, whoever does it, is a yellow
  • rina said:
    JaShea99 said:
    As others have mentioned, it’s usually the whole team who target him so no individual ever gets punished despite them all taking turns attacking him though. Hopefully they’ll make a rule against it soon but don’t hold your breath.
    Could do with a similar rule to rugby where after persistent offences by the team the captain is warned that the next one, whoever does it, is a yellow
    I like the idea of a "team" booking.  Bit like basketball when your team reaches a certain number fouls there's an automatic free throw.

Once the team booking is dished out, every foul after that is a booking.
  • Missed It said:
    rina said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I like the idea of a "team" booking.  Bit like basketball when your team reaches a certain number fouls there's an automatic free throw.

Once the team booking is dished out, every foul after that is a booking.
    And once a team gets their 5th booking in the match ...... the referee awards a penalty to the other side.

It might give us a chance of scoring - especially if we play Oztumer and Jonny Williams together.:smile:
  • rina said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I think ONE ref did it to ONE team this season. After the 3rd different foul on Williams in about 10 minutes during the second half of a game at The Valley, he did book the 3rd player and they hadn't made any other notable fouls before that. Problem is that should have happened in almost every game this season but the ref's have only done it once in games I have seen.
  • arthur said:
    rina said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I think ONE ref did it to ONE team this season. After the 3rd different foul on Williams in about 10 minutes during the second half of a game at The Valley, he did book the 3rd player and they hadn't made any other notable fouls before that. Problem is that should have happened in almost every game this season but the ref's have only done it once in games I have seen.
    The rules of football surely don't allow "cumulative fouls by a team" bookings though, all bookings are for individual foul play surely?
  • The rules of football surely don't allow "cumulative fouls by a team" bookings though, all bookings are for individual foul play surely?
    maybe not worded like that in the rules but the ref can make any sort of mad booking he feels like I suppose! It's not as if it would stand out against the majority of crazy decisions that happen. It was just in that game the player got booked for, from what I remember, the lesser of the 3 fouls but he got booked for what I guessed at the time was just because it was the 3rd one. 
    Could also go down as "ungentlemanly conduct" if that even still exists?!