Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March on the Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hordes set out to visit the Charlton Athletic Museum, which is open today from 11 to 2.30.

Free entry to left of the big badge in Harvey Gardens.
    It’s interesting to see at least 3 Asian faces but i can’t remember such a thing as racism. We were all just Charlton, working class and mainly from Charlton.
    Is that little one on the extreme right at the front @oohaahmortimer counting? ;)
  • Options
    I was there we walked all the way to Loftus Road in support of Eddie Firmani our manager at the time. I can't remember the year or why we were supporting Eddie in such a way but we did. 
  • Options
    Great photo.How did we ever survive without social media in those days!Seem to remember very early 70's after home games walking back to station and someone singing Charing X 12 o'clock if we were playing QPR Fulham etc next week and that's what used to happen.Happy days.Now rely heavily on what's app - Lots of us going to Preston-Young and Old.Happy days.
    Was loads of charing cross 12 o'clock type stuff but at times there were handwritten notes passed around although that might have been for the agro coaches as they were called. Pick up at the Valley after the pubs had closed friday night & off we'd go even if it was just to the midlands. Seems crazy now, can't imagine why we left friday night.
    And arrived at a freezing cold Blackpool at about 5 am.
    We had no option but to open the shop and help ourselves to a jumper or two 
  • Options
    Searching for something else in Colin Cameron's records and found this.

Marked as Charlton fans walking up Floyd Road

The guy to the right of the banner in dark top (red) carrying the red & white striped stick always wore a pair of trousers with one red leg & the other white.

E reg car was new in 1967.
  • Options
    In those days, you could just get up of the morning of the game and decide to go to the match.
  • Options
    Our drummers aged well.
  • Options
    That’s the same march. Never seen that picture before though.
  • Options
    In those days, you could just get up of the morning of the game and decide to go to the match.
    I can assure you everyone in that picture would have been waiting all week for saturday to come. As youngsters we lived and breathed everything Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone remember who the guy was in the white shirt at the front
  • Options
    I am thinking of visiting the Valley this weekend just to have a look round and a think.