Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out of contract Premiership players

Look at the list at the bottom of the following article:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2116378,00.html

Do you think any of them are suitable for us? Get Jensen or Newts back? What about Fowler (in our dreams IMO)?

Comments

• Options
    John Filan or Magnus Hedman stick out for me coz we need a new Goalie. Veron could be a useful accquisition : o O
  • Options
    Arsenal Ryan Garry, Joseph O'Cearuill

Aston Villa Mark Delaney, Lee Hendrie, Chris Sutton

Blackburn Rovers Keith Barker, Michael Gray

Bolton Wanderers Quinton Fortune, Henrik Pedersen, David Thompson

Charlton Athletic Nathan Ashton, Rurik Gislason, Jimmy-Floyd Haselbaink, Talal El Karkouri, Kevin Lisbie, Thomas Mhyre, Alistair John, Myles Weston (Offered contract) James Walker

Chelsea Magnus Hedman, Juan Sebastian Veron

Everton Alan Kearney, Scott Phelan, Alessandro Pistone, Richard Wright

Fulham Claus Jensen, Mark Pembridge, Tomasz Radzinski

Liverpool Jerzy Dudek, Robbie Fowler, Boudewijn Zenden

Manchester City Stephen Jordan, Trevor Sinclair, Hatem Trabelsi (Offered contract) Michael Ball, Nicky Weaver

Manchester United Phil Marsh, Florent Ngalula, Daniel Rose

Middlesbrough Malcolm Christie

Newcastle United Olivier Bernard, Kris Gate, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek

Portsmouth Daryl Fordyce, Nwankwo Kanu (Offered contract) Svetoslav Todorov

Reading Jonathan Hayes (Offered contract) Aaron Brown, Simon Cox

Sheffield United Paul Gerrard, Rob Kozluk, Craig Short, Alan Wright (Offered contract) James Ashmore, Keith Gillespie, Chris Lucketti

Tottenham Hotspur Robert Burch

Watford Joel Grant, Albert Jarrett, Chris Powell

West Ham United Shaun Newton, Teddy Sheringham

Wigan Athletic John Filan, David Unsworth
  • Options
    Richard Wright
    Lee Hendire

i would take
  • Options
    Ben Thatcher, Marcus Bent, Jody Morris, Lee Hendrie, Carlton Cole....

now that is a side i could really relate to and offer full support..............:-(
  • Options
    Nicky Weaver anyone?

*runs off to hide from barrage of bottles, coins and chairs*
  • Options
    If Romm moves as we would expect, would Tricky Trev Sinclair be worth a 2-year contract ? How old is he know ?

Would certainly lend some experience and is fairly consistent.
  • Options
    The only name there that I fancy in the CCC is Henrik Pedersen, he could be very useful as he seems to be a real grafter. Richard Wright could be OK too, even though I am not a big fan.
  • Options
    SInclair is 34. Always liked him as a player and was born in Dulwich.

Hayes from Reading would have been a good signing. ; - 0
  • Options
    CLAUS JENSEN
  • Options
    The only problem with ex-Prem players is whether they still have the hunger and motivation - especially those nearing the end of their careers.

The best of them would be reluctant to step down unless they were desperate for a job, let alone the shock of CCC wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched an interview with Fowler on SSN about half an hour ago. He has not had a single offer. What sticks in my mind about the interview though was after 10 minutes of the same few questions worded marginally differently the muppet interviewer said this:

"Do you think that paying the same amount of money for Darren Bent as Henry is strange?"

WTF has that got to do with the interview with Fowler? The press have got a bee in their bonnet maybe? Too many Nick Hornby wannabes in our press me thinks. Boo hoo Henry has gone get over it.
  • Options
    two keepers there might be worth a look,
    richard wright and john filan both a bit older but plenty of experience
    would proberly sign knowing they are getting regular football
    but i spoke to john filans mate a week or so ago and he said he was goimg to retire as no one came in for him
  • Options
    Would go for sinclair for one season. Worst memory of him though is the other year when city beat us 5-2 (i think) at home and he was great down the right wing.