Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live music in 'Fans bar' before & after Hull City match

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    N01R4M said:
    It's £15 + VAT per person for season ticket holders - and three times as much at £45 + VAT per person for others.
    "Likely to cause problems" seems somewhat of an understatement, @Henry Irving!
    The added £30 is for a padded seat in the West which is probably the matchday ticket price for that area.

However, there's seemingly no reduction for over 60's or children in this "offer"...

IF, as @Curb_It questions, the event has been organised around the cancellation of a Party Night due to Sky's involvement, surely this should have been handled with more thought to "the average" but regular fans ? 
    The 13th was going to be a party night, before the match was changed for Sky, with a two course meal as well as music and dancing later. I assume the dancing will not now happen? Though, if Roland still owns us that day, who knows?
  • Options
    clive said:
    I see no issue with music before a game and trying things to make some additional revenue for the club.  A live band is a long way from house music and it is a Friday night after all.  I went to Bristol City away and really liked the fan zone and Guinness and food bars.  We could definitely improve on all of that.
    Millwall had a similar zone outside the ground with live music & various food & drink stalls,but these zones at both clubs were free entry to fans.
    A few clubs have a zone outside the ground. Sunderland and Wycombe also come to mind
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    It's £15 + VAT per person for season ticket holders - and three times as much at £45 + VAT per person for others.
    The added £30 is for a padded seat in the West which is probably the matchday ticket price for that area.

However, there's seemingly no reduction for over 60's or children in this "offer"...

IF, as @Curb_It questions, the event has been organised around the cancellation of a Party Night due to Sky's involvement, surely this should have been handled with more thought to "the average" but regular fans ? 
    The 13th was going to be a party night, before the match was changed for Sky, with a two course meal as well as music and dancing later. I assume the dancing will not now happen? Though, if Roland still owns us that day, who knows?
    If Roland has officially gone by then I'll be dancing.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Thanks for clarifying the situation, but I wonder how many fans had signed up for this & might therefore have been disappointed had the event been cancelled in its entirety. Have to admit that I hadn't seen it advertised.

My point is that WE , the paying fans have to change our plans at very short notice when Sky demands, and as such are not compensated for hotels booked & fares purchased. The upcoming Swansea match illustrates this perfectly. 

If the club had explained their position for the Hull match & invited everyone to a live band pre & post match in Crossbars, it would have been seen as a decent gesture as it's the last home game before Christmas. Bar takings would have surely helped to recoup some of the inevitable loss , food could have remained in the freezer bearing in mind the notice given & possibly some kind of offer could have been made regarding seats in the West if required....

I honestly believe that this could have been handled SO much better & would be interested to know how many had signed up to this £45 + VAT offer before the game was moved. 

As it is, lots of fans won't be aware of this event & presumably will be turned away from the free entry "Fans' Bar" without a Plan B plus those of us already aware will be somewhat pi**ed off to say the least, including my family.

The season of Goodwill to all men/women ? 
  • Options
    Think the club have shot themselves in the foot over this. Can see trouble when those who regularly use Crossbars aren't allowed in. Will be supping elsewhere.
  • Options
    Is it the 2%? If so I’m there 😁
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Think the club have shot themselves in the foot over this. Can see trouble when those who regularly use Crossbars aren't allowed in. Will be supping elsewhere.
    Sadly, for elderly, disabled fans or those with children ( especially as the following day is a non school one) to find "elsewhere" is not an option once they're in the area of the Stadium. 

And should it be a wet night, there is virtually no shelter under which to have a drink on the concourse....
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Sadly, for elderly, disabled fans or those with children ( especially as the following day is a non school one) to find "elsewhere" is not an option once they're in the area of the Stadium. 

And should it be a wet night, there is virtually no shelter under which to have a drink on the concourse....
    Exactly. If people turn up early to get in, and are unaware what is now happening, where are they to go? Hopefully, most will know and drink elsewhere. Not the fault of the new prospective owners, but not a great start either. Hopefully, they will learn from this!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    N01R4M said:

Thanks for clarifying the situation, but I wonder how many fans had signed up for this & might therefore have been disappointed had the event been cancelled in its entirety. Have to admit that I hadn't seen it advertised.

My point is that WE , the paying fans have to change our plans at very short notice when Sky demands, and as such are not compensated for hotels booked & fares purchased. The upcoming Swansea match illustrates this perfectly. 

If the club had explained their position for the Hull match & invited everyone to a live band pre & post match in Crossbars, it would have been seen as a decent gesture as it's the last home game before Christmas. Bar takings would have surely helped to recoup some of the inevitable loss , food could have remained in the freezer bearing in mind the notice given & possibly some kind of offer could have been made regarding seats in the West if required....

I honestly believe that this could have been handled SO much better & would be interested to know how many had signed up to this £45 + VAT offer before the game was moved. 

As it is, lots of fans won't be aware of this event & presumably will be turned away from the free entry "Fans' Bar" without a Plan B plus those of us already aware will be somewhat pi**ed off to say the least, including my family.

The season of Goodwill to all men/women ? 
    I think the party nights aren't just aimed at Charlton fans.  I think its for groups of friends and/ or office parties for people who work locally?    I may have made that bit up but thats how i always thought of it.   But anyway, still needs to have been dealt with better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some much more important Hull-related news for proper Charlton fans http://ow.ly/aBeY50xva1T
  • Options
    My Mrs went to an NHS Xmas do held in crossbars last Friday. They had a 3 girl motown band who apparently regularly forgot the words. Enjoy people.
  • Options
    If my company booked some tickets to Crossbars on a Friday night as our Christmas party I would consider it constructive dismissal.
  • Options
    Where’s Lady T when you need her?

That is like something from Brass Eye or Partridge. Generations of fans to come will never believe that was actually a thing. 

• Options
    N01R4M said:

Ductape will be on sale on the door!