Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Ledley - training with Bristol Rovers (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Arkwright said:
    Yann Kermorgant.................
    ... hadn’t trained for 4/5 weeks before signing for us. Ledley has been 10 times that amount. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-london-club-agree-to-sign-ex-celtic-star-joe-ledley-on-a-free/

Apparently we are "poised" to sign him. 

This looks like one of those bloggy football rumours sites though that plague my newsnow, so take it with a giant boulder of salt. 
    its not a rumour any more my friend - its done 
  • Options
    Arkwright said:
    ... hadn’t trained for 4/5 weeks before signing for us. Ledley has been 10 times that amount. 
    Ledley has been training with Cardiff since early October.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fan-favourite-joe-ledley-trains-17013597
  • Options
    Arkwright said:

Please sign Yann!!

• Options
    kimbo said:
    Arkwright said:

Please sign Yann!!

I haven’t got that sort of power I’m afraid 
  • Options
    Wonder how short the short term deal is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing. Think he can still do a job in the championship, definitely need back up for pratley, if he can perform the same role? 
  • Options
    Brilliant considering how short we are with numbers, plenty of experience and will hopefully keep fit untill the transfer windows open 
  • Options
    there's literally nothing to knock about this signing.....LB and SG obviously like what they see.....the transfer window isn't open so we don't have many options.....he's proven at this level and very experienced.....he'll already know JW and TL.....he's either in the window now for a move in Jan, or he might do really well and we keep him on.

whatever the case, I'm guessing the new owners sanctioned this move.

pretty sure some will still moan about him
    We could sign Ronaldo and some people would still moan. 
  • Options
    4 Welsh internationals in our squad now, that must be a record!

Ledley will be desperate to play and impress, a good few months and it's not impossible he could make the Euros squad. But he has to prove his fitness, as it's a long time since he played a decent number of games
  • Options
    Can’t believe Roland starts strengthening the squad now his about to sell us must be a goodbye present 
  • Options
    Good stuff. Welcome Joe. Let’s hope you’re as good as the last Welsh ex-Palace player we signed.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    I'm surprised he's match fit enough to feature so quickly, but we are desperate for bodies in midfield
    I doubt he's match fit enough to start but given our lack of midfield options i'm sure he's quite capable of coming on for 15 minutes if required, and he's no doubt been training and keeping fit. He's 32 not 62.

Most people on this forum under the age of 35 could run about for 15 minutes without classing themselves as 'match fit'.
    That's true on the running front - but "match fit" is quite a lot different to being "fit".  Match fit means he is both physically fit but also has his "football brain" switched on and can judge passing, crossing, ball control, etc.  plus getting to know his team-mates.  I'm sure things will click into place quickly but even Lyle Taylor will struggle for match fitness after sometime out.
    I'm not sure! A 32 year old professional footballer has ball control, weight of pass and so on as an unconscious competence. 

Do not however underestimate the fitness levels at which these guys operate - they are athletes. I'm sure he's been training since leaving Derby in January but he will be short of full match physical fitness. Coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes should be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Can’t believe Roland starts strengthening the squad now his about to sell us must be a goodbye present 
    I wonder if Joe Ledley realizes that he has to work a month in Lieu of his first pay packet !

If Joe is a success he is another Welsh wonder, if he fails he's just a Palace reject.
    I believe having the nicest man in Football, Jonny Williams here to help him settle in with be a enormous benefit to him and just hope he doesn't succumb to the injury jink.

Iechyd da Joe Ledley.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Wonder how short the short term deal is.
    We'll extend it after he scores a worldie at Middlesbrough.
    Fixed it for you
  • Options
    I wonder if Joe Ledley realizes that he has to work a month in Lieu of his first pay packet !
    Pretty sure Roland would have insisted and said it's Deal or No Deal. "If I don't get paid, you don't get paid." He didn't get rich without being (a tight fisted ***t) canny.
  • Options
    Oh welcome Joe!
  • Options
    I'd just like to say well done to the original poster.
    Good bit of inside info there mate.
    Can’t be bothered to look, who was it?
  • Options
    Ah, that's fine. A body is in the building and presumably one that currently doesn't have any injury concerns. Given we've signed him "until January" so either for four weeks, or about nine weeks, fair enough. He's around, and adds an option when our schedule is packed.

Welcome Joe, and hopefully you're amazing for us and sign permanently, but if not, then whatever. You probably live locally and were available to sign. Yeah. 
  • Options
    4 Welsh internationals in our squad now, that must be a record!

Ledley will be desperate to play and impress, a good few months and it's not impossible he could make the Euros squad. But he has to prove his fitness, as it's a long time since he played a decent number of games
    Not quite. 

We had Mark Aizlewood, John Phillips, Leighton Phillips, Carl Harris and briefly Peter O Sullivan togther  in 1982/83. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Ah, that's fine. A body is in the building and presumably one that currently doesn't have any injury concerns. Given we've signed him "until January" so either for four weeks, or about nine weeks, fair enough. He's around, and adds an option when our schedule is packed.

Welcome Joe, and hopefully you're amazing for us and sign permanently, but if not, then whatever. You probably live locally and were available to sign. Yeah. 
    Give it a week