Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2019 - Will You Be Going?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nope, I'll be going to Arsenal vs Leeds with my brother who is an Arsenal fan.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    West Brom will not field their first team for this one and I doubt we will as so many of ours will just be coming back from injury.

Charlton Reserves v West Brom Reserves in front of less than 10k.
    This

Will probably be able to field a team of players coming back from injury, still it would be nice to see Ivan Toney unveiled to the crowd before kick off 😉 
    As he got "goal of the round" for 2nd round, he's cup-tied so wouldn't be able to play...

As I am an idiot who falls for this sort of thing I'll probably go. 
  • Options
    He won't be playing just doing the dance of the seven veils.
  • Options
    may be the only one who thinks west brom is an okay tie, best team in the championship.
  • Options
    In.  If Jordan Cook was still playing for us, he'd be first name on the teamsheet
  • Options
    Definitely. The first thing I thought when I saw the draw was this reminded me of 97/98 all over again when Nottm Forest were running away with the league and we played them at home in fairly quick succession (?)(and got our own back over the ticket pricing) and we beat them twice, once in the fa cup and once in the league. Ended the season on a high as well as I recall. Probably got my facts all mixed up after all this time but I’m still going to the fa cup game against wba 
  • Options
    Anyone planning to go to the FA Cip 3rd round v West Brom?

After our recent cup record / no shows in recent years, i'd vowed to not go again , until the glory bus was in sight, and needed boarding.

But i'm a traditionalist and do love the FA cup , even if we are rubbish / don't take it seriously, by fielding a B team.
    Our A team IS our B team.
  • Options
    Anyone planning to go to the FA Cip 3rd round v West Brom?

After our recent cup record / no shows in recent years, i'd vowed to not go again , until the glory bus was in sight, and needed boarding.

But i'm a traditionalist and do love the FA cup , even if we are rubbish / don't take it seriously, by fielding a B team.
    Our A team IS our B team.
    Our B team is our A team
    Our C team is another
    mixing one with the other 
    The Charlton family...
  • Options
    Very unlikely to go 
  • Options
    There is one factor we need to consider. It could be the game where a star player makes his debut. That will add to the interest and the crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is one factor we need to consider. It could be the game where a star player makes his debut. That will add to the interest and the crowd.
    Messi?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Messi?
    Don't be ridiculous. I was thinking more Ronaldo!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Messi?
    Our attempts in the FA cup are always messy.
  • Options
    IF, and it's still an IF at 10.15 am, wouldn't it be a show of Respect and loyalty to the new owners that this is a new era of CAFC and back what ever side shows up ? 
    I'm still disappointed in half the "Loyal Cafc crowd" pissing off after the 3rd goal against Wednesday. A great show in front of our new Chairman ! With the Injuries and sickness we did well to keep the score under 5. 
  • Options
    Match moved to Sunday 5th Jan,14.01 kick-off

SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY

THIRD ROUND

• Charlton Athletic14:01West Bromwich Albion
    • Chelsea14:01Nottingham Forest
    • Middlesbrough14:01Tottenham Hotspur
    • Queens Park Rangers14:01Swansea City
    • Sheffield United14:01AFC Fylde
    • Eastleigh or Crewe Alexandra14:01Barnsley
    • Burton Albion14:01Northampton Town
    • Crystal Palace14:01Derby County
    • Liverpool16:01Everton
  • Options
    clive said:
    Match moved to Sunday 5th Jan,14.01 kick-off

SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY

THIRD ROUND

• Charlton Athletic14:01West Bromwich Albion
    • Chelsea14:01Nottingham Forest
    • Middlesbrough14:01Tottenham Hotspur
    • Queens Park Rangers14:01Swansea City
    • Sheffield United14:01AFC Fylde
    • Eastleigh or Crewe Alexandra14:01Barnsley
    • Burton Albion14:01Northampton Town
    • Crystal Palace14:01Derby County
    • Liverpool16:01Everton
    Won’t  wba, derby and Nottm Forest fans all come into London and out again via the same station. January sales and 3 sets of converging fans should keep the OB busy.
  • Options
    you can do both as that one is on Monday night 
  • Options
    Don't think i will if I am being honest. 
  • Options
    you can do both as that one is on Monday night 
    More excellent planning with zero thought for the fans. 

Surely they could've had Liverpool v Everton as the Monday night game instead of making Leeds fans travel 200 miles. Although i guess Leeds will still sell their 8k allocation. 
  • Options
    IF, and it's still an IF at 10.15 am, wouldn't it be a show of Respect and loyalty to the new owners that this is a new era of CAFC and back what ever side shows up ? 
    I'm still disappointed in half the "Loyal Cafc crowd" pissing off after the 3rd goal against Wednesday. A great show in front of our new Chairman ! With the Injuries and sickness we did well to keep the score under 5. 
    I take your point but when it comes to cup games I think the loyalty has not really been shown to the fans that turn up. I'm not saying that is the wrong decision, it is another game or two games or three games for an important player to get injured in, but the cup competitions are not taken seriously by the club so it isn't unreasonable for fans to treat in the same way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Sorry....talking bollocks. Thought tickets were magically on sale for whole ground....but that was of course for the league game the following week.....
  • Options
    Making it Sunday has put the kybosh on it for me.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Always regret going to our cup games in recent years so I think I'll save myself the journey and see some friends/family instead