Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Re taylor

“He’ll only be missing one game, next weeks, he might be back for Preston, if not that then he’ll definitely be back the one after that.”

• Options
    Cullen??
  • Options
    Im sure Bonne's hamstring injury could have been a lesser extent if taken off earlier and that almighty swing of a cross was avoided. I know we've been there etc...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So Bonne has the same grade hamstring injury that Williams had if I'm correct?

All we need do now is get through West Brom and Preston without any further issues

The former I'm quite confident as they're a ball playing team; Preston on the other hand were a lot more physical
  • Options
    Cullen??
    Bow said he’s back today to the last little bits before returning with the others. We might be lucky and that he could be in line with Taylor’s return. Not too far away. 
  • Options

All we need do now is get through West Brom and Preston without any further issues

The former I'm quite confident as they're a ball playing team; Preston on the other hand were a lot more physical
    Grade two is extremely ambiguous though. Could be a very low grade two or a more serious grade two. Without seeing the scan, I can’t tell you. All I know it’s grade two and won’t be back until the end of the month. Having never had a hamstring injury before, they have to be a little more careful with him as they’re going to look for the signs more than listen to him as he hasn’t got that experience of this injury.

Can only do so much when the player injured is repeatedly telling you they’re okay until you manage to get him in and assess him. I don’t think there’s anything anyone could’ve do to change the outcome of Bonne’s injury.

We are getting there now and that’s a real positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Grade two is extremely ambiguous though. Could be a very low grade two or a more serious grade two. Without seeing the scan, I can’t tell you. All I know it’s grade two and won’t be back until the end of the month. Having never had a hamstring injury before, they have to be a little more careful with him as they’re going to look for the signs more than listen to him as he hasn’t got that experience of this injury.

Can only do so much when the player injured is repeatedly telling you they’re okay until you manage to get him in and assess him. I don’t think there’s anything anyone could’ve do to change the outcome of Bonne’s injury.

We are getting there now and that’s a real positive.
    Except if Bowyer had listened to Bonne's agent....... 
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sage. Getting Cullen back is the most important of all for me. Last season after his shoulder injury he had kept his fitness up and came straight in, none of this 20 mins/ 45 mins stuff. Appreciate it may not be so straightforward this time as he will need to build up the training and fitness. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I once told my manager I was fine to come back to work after 6 pints at lunch. I am sure I was fine and that there were no visible signs that I might not have been. 

Jokes aside. In the milliomln games of football Ive seen, both Bonne and Oztumer would have been seen to before their actual injuries worsened. Both are out for 4 weeks plus now. Im not blaming anybody, I am making a personal observation.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cullen is the player we've missed most in this injury crisis. Creates that link between our midfield and defence that we've missed so dearly, can't wait to have him back.
    This, and he’s the best crosser of a ball.
  • Options
    Not sure I've once heard or read somebody say "Cullen isn't all that" on here.
  • Options
    Any idea or actual update on Lapslie? Bit worrying as nothing said and he's hardly posted on social media which could be a down in dumps sign.
  • Options
    I take it everyone left unscathed today?
    Bar Davison maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to hear Cullen and Field aren’t far from being back 👍
  • Options
    I’m not one of the “there’s an underlying problem with the back room staff” brigade, in relation to our injury problems, but Andre Gomes, the Everton midfielder who’s foot was hanging off just three months ago, is already back doing ball work in training with their first team.
  • Options
    I’m not one of the “there’s an underlying problem with the back room staff” brigade, in relation to our injury problems, but Andre Gomes, the Everton midfielder who’s foot was hanging off just three months ago, is already back doing ball work in training with their first team.
    A dislocated ankle which required surgery from a top, world class surgeon can have a recovery time of as little as 12 weeks.

Sometimes a torn hamstring for example is far worse even if it doesn’t look it.
  • Options
    When I see this thread jump to the top of the CL threads I get a feeling of dread, now I feel better!
  • Options
    Is there any update on JFC? 
  • Options
    So with Bonne to be on the bench v Forest and Aneke playing regular U23's then apart from Page is everyone else now back?
  • Options
    So with Bonne to be on the bench v Forest and Aneke playing regular U23's then apart from Page is everyone else now back?
    Of all the old injuries I think so, Lapslie obviously building fitness up. Oshilaja may still be out though. 
  • Options
    Had not realized Oshilaja had got himself injured.  I had wondered why he was not in the squad though.