Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could get the news owners to change 3 things

Comments

• Options
    1) Have a big welcome back party game where all tickets are £5 (different from footy for a fiver) 

2) Floyd and Harvey MUST return.  Updated designs maybe but Floyd and Harvey must return and get rid of the Robin and Knight

3) Give the staff their Bonuses they deserve
  • Options
    Offer Airman CEO or some advisory position
    Clean and tidy ground
    Improve catering
    Obviously offer proper contracts to present playing side managers
    Provide competitive contracts to players we want to retain
  • Options
    I'm going to come at this somewhat backwards I'm afraid.  While I'm delighted that Roland is finally on his way I'm not exactly delirious with joy that the new owners are from the UAE.  I would hope that some of the things that Charlton have supported over the years, like women's football and Charlton Invicta, that show that everybody should be valued equally, are taken on board back in the UAE.  Charlton have a history of successful and effective fan protest, UAE has a long history of not tolerating any sort of dissent.

If the UAE are going to try to engage with the rest of the world in areas like sport and culture, things need to change before they're accepted for more than their money. 
  • Options
    Water for handwashing in the East Stand gents loos - the freezing dribble currently available is not fit for purpose (some soap would be useful too)

Proper contracts for the team management

Floyd & Harvey
  • Options
    1 - Spend on the training ground
    2 - refurb the Valley, it felt tatty as anything at the Doncaster game
    3 - Spend on the area around the Valley, improve the space on Floyd Road and Harvey Gardens, again feels unloved. 
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    I'm going to come at this somewhat backwards I'm afraid.  While I'm delighted that Roland is finally on his way I'm not exactly delirious with joy that the new owners are from the UAE.  I would hope that some of the things that Charlton have supported over the years, like women's football and Charlton Invicta, that show that everybody should be valued equally, are taken on board back in the UAE.  Charlton have a history of successful and effective fan protest, UAE has a long history of not tolerating any sort of dissent.

If the UAE are going to try to engage with the rest of the world in areas like sport and culture, things need to change before they're accepted for more than their money. 
    Read an article over the weekend about Saudi Arabia doing similar, Khan fought there and also Joshua on Saturday. Qatar have the World Cup and have had the Athletics World Champs recently.

Plenty of Arab money welcomed in horse racing.

Maybe they will change but it will be slow. Most sports happy to take the money in my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it hard to believe people actually preferred Floyd and Harvey to the Robin and Knight.

They were the most generic and boring mascots ever, that had nothing to do with the club, other than the only good thing about them, their names.

Stop being grumpy old gits who want everything to go back to the 'good old days'.
    Says someone with Mendonca as his icon. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Tier 1 academy please. Quite a few young players have been poached by man city, man utd etc in the last couple of years.

Buy some proven championship/lower prem talent.

Actually do the stuff we have planning permission for at the training ground.
  • Options
    Two things I DON'T want to see:
    1. Sports car seats in the dugouts
    2. Chinese writing (i.e. shirts sponsors) on the kit.

Other than that, I'll be happy with just a properly funded squad at last!
  • Options

When the current catering contract is up, do their best to get some decent beer and food 

To be fair to Mitie catering who took over in the summer they are an improvement on Tony K's old outfit of Dakota North, but they must be encouraged  to sell pies from all of the outlets and install decent beer (I would go for Shepherd Neame but recognise I may be in a minority) in the bars.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    In reverse order of importance.

3.  Sign some non-contracted players on short contracts to tide us over til January.

2. Finish upgrading the training ground.

1.New contracts to current staff.
  • Options
    Assuming that Bowyer,Jacko and Gallwn have contracts. 

1) decent transfer kitty
    2) ditch the plastic bottles  for supporters and players
    3) decent coffee and vegan food. 
  • Options
    1. Improve medical team

2. Re-introduce real ale/cider franchise and bring in street food type catering.

3. Get stewards to enforce no standing until EFL sanctions safe standing areas. 
  • Options
    A decent draw in the fa cup for once
  • Options
    1. Fair, decent and well-paid contracts for management, players and non-playing staff - including missed bonuses etc. 

2. Finish training ground to give Cat A status. 

3. Improvements to The Valley - tidy and neaten up outside and inside, WiFi, better catering (with enough staff so you get served) and bring back the frickin Tote so we can have a last-minute flutter. 
  • Options

When the current catering contract is up, do their best to get some decent beer and food 

To be fair to Mitie catering who took over in the summer they are an improvement on Tony K's old outfit of Dakota North, but they must be encouraged  to sell pies from all of the outlets and install decent beer (I would go for Shepherd Neame but recognise I may be in a minority) in the bars.
    Shepherd Neame not a bad shout, personally I'd like Meantime as in spitting distance from The Valley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LLMTP said:

Shepherd Neame not a bad shout, personally I'd like Meantime as in spitting distance from The Valley. 
    i had a crack at getting real ale on some years back - they did courage best for a while but then pulled the plug on it - a shepherd neame offering would be better for sure
  • Options
    1. Listen to Bowyer
    2. Listen to Bowyer
    3. Listen to Bowyer
  • Options
    Greater fans engagement through the fans forum, with a seat on any operating board.  Used to funnel fans ideas, direct "target 30,000 ...40,000", remit to increase minorities at the Valley, improve match day experience for all.

Develop training ground as others have said including g the restoration of the memorial ground.

An initial outline of their plans and targets  for the club over the next 5 years and regular updates with an annual Q&A at the Valley.
  • Options
    Link Chris Powell to the club
  • Options
    No disrespect to the current guy, but I wold love to see BDL return as the stadium announcer.
    I thought he was absolutely outstanding in that role.

• Options
    No disrespect to the current guy, but I wold love to see BDL return as the stadium announcer.
    I thought he was absolutely outstanding in that role.

BDL relative alert!  :)
  • Options
    Get the ticket office back to it’s normal size and get rid of the people on the phones for the emergency services this is a football club not telephone exchange
  • Options
    WIFI and/or get O2 to sort out it’s coverage around The Valley. 
    Pad all seating. 

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    LLMTP said:

i had a crack at getting real ale on some years back - they did courage best for a while but then pulled the plug on it - a shepherd neame offering would be better for sure
    The East stand still has a real ale bar, but it's not been open for 2 seasons now! The beer served was ok, supplied by Heineken but brewed by Caledonian in Scotland. 
  • Options
    Doucher, concourse of East Stand had filtered? Real ale for several seasons, pre Spivs.