Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today’s Atmosphere

Comments

• Options
    All of these injuries are very deflating for the fans after the outstanding start we made to the season.
  • Options
    North stand done their best.
    But I know where you're coming from 
    You should be taking it easy mate.
  • Options
    It did feel slightly flat today, I was expecting something more celebratory, though to be fair that will probably happen when the takeover is actually signed and the new owners are presented to the crowd

I was slightly disappointed too with how quickly many people left after the 3rd goal went in
  • Options
    No.
    We’re all sat here with baited breath waiting for the fecking EFL to say ‘done deal’ before we get excited.
    I totally get that.
    Wait for the first game where we’re officially rid of the Douchbag & the new owners are in situ.
    That’ll be the dogs danglies.
  • Options
    I thought the atmosphere in the north lower was good, that being said, the outcome of the game, injuries and timing had their part to play. I have to also add, that there is a contingent who didn’t actually care who the owner was (now or then) let’s not forget - from where I was sat the recent run of results played more of a part than anything else. 

Draw your own conclusions, but those previously deemed happy to just watch the game regardless of result and saw the protests as a distraction are perhaps the most fickle of all
  • Options
    Sack the board.
  • Options
    Probably the worst home atmosphere for some time. A lot of reasons -
    1 We're on a terrible run and most expected us to lose again.
    2 12.30 KO.
    3 People celebrating yesterday, making them weary with today's early start.
    4 The deal's not completed and you can't celebrate wildly, whilst waiting for an EFL decision.
    5 The sun was in our eyes the whole game, so doesn't aid singing whilst shielding your eyes. 
  • Options
    Did love hearing the Chrissy Powell,Chrissy Powell & Minto Minto give us a wave as they walked in front of the lower north at half time,fuck I bet Douchbag hated seeing them 2 walking round his pitch...actually thinking bout it...🤔,no way would he have seen them & hoping it’s now not his pitch either...🤞🏻
  • Options
    Said it after Preston, but lunch time kick offs are crap. They are set up for the away team to grab a result in my opinion. Their fans will have been on the booze early, the team will have stayed in a hotel and switched on, the home team will be sluggish and home fans half asleep or thirsty for beer or hungry for food. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it after Preston, but lunch time kick offs are crap. They are set up for the away team to grab a result in my opinion. Their fans will have been on the booze early, the team will have stayed in a hotel and switched on, the home team will be sluggish and home fans half asleep or thirsty for beer or hungry for food. 
    We stayed in a Hotel too...
  • Options
    southamptonaddick said:

Two threads now where your response has been the same.
    Need a new keyboard cuz?

• Options
    We stayed in a Hotel too...
    Proves my point FA. How ridiculous that the home team have to even do that to maintain a competitive edge. The rhythm of football is not suited to lunch time kick offs, unless you're a TV customer of course. It's a load of crap. 
  • Options
    The early kick off didn't help. Atmosphere was great before the game. The feel good factor was amazing before the game in the pubs. But as Charlton fans we are so pessimistic and so am I. But the optimism is something else at the moment. People talking about promotion. Champions league. Silly players well out of our league. 

As long as we survive I'll be happy this year.

Most importantly WE ARE CHARLTON ATHLETIC, WERE ON OUR WAY BACK.
  • Options
    Atmosphere was pony.  Really hoped it would be lively but what a let down.  Having 3 home games kick off at 12.30 in the past month has taken its toll.  Very subdued!

Add to that the realisation that we were never going to win the game added to the lethargy in the crowd.  
  • Options
    Too many Jonny come lately's and returning boycotters. 2nd half people were still coming back to their seats (with pies, chips & beer) with 57 mins on the clock ....wtf ?  Will never understand it 'til the day I die.
  • Options
    It was a bit below par. My overwhelming feelings were of joy and relief just to be at the Valley at the end of Duchatelet’s reign. Soaking it all in rather than getting stuck in. The match wasn’t really the main focus yesterday and I think it needs that intensity to really get the crowd up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The wednesday fans must have enjoyed our efforts. They stood in silent awe for the first 30 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    E_cafc said:
    Atmosphere was pony.  Really hoped it would be lively but what a let down.  Having 3 home games kick off at 12.30 in the past month has taken its toll.  Very subdued!

Add to that the realisation that we were never going to win the game added to the lethargy in the crowd.  
    Nails it for me.
  • Options
    Have to have something to moan about. 
  • Options
    Have to have something to moan about. 
    The Germans behind me at the top of j block would’nt stop talking....in German.

o:) 
  • Options
    The ballboy at the front get in there 👍👍
  • Options
    Felt like a pre-season friendly to me where one club puts out a full team and the other is still experimenting with youth players. 
  • Options
    That's the ballboy who mugged off one of there players , trying to take a quick throw in in the corner , he was wanting the ball and he held it for ages , until eventually throwing it past the player , top class !
  • Options
    cazo said:
    The ballboy at the front get in there 👍👍
    Earnt himself a b@ll@cking when the referee busied himself after nearly he played Wednesday onside during his visit to the middle of the pitch. ;)
  • Options
    It was due to an influx of strangers into the game, people who have not seen Charlton before or in years, causes a bit of a flat atmosphere
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    It was due to an influx of strangers into the game, people who have not seen Charlton before or in years, causes a bit of a flat atmosphere
    The attendance was only up by 1,000. I just don’t think people were as up for it as they thought they would have been 
  • Options
    I sit in the North upper and thought atmosphere was no better that average.

As others have said KO time, performance (even if it was good considering)did not help.

Its also quite hard to sing and clap whilst shielding your eyes from the blinding winter sunshine. Could barely make out our goal when we scored