Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ceballos got seriously injured early on. And once recovered, sold on to STVV to get his high wages off the books after relegation.

Harsh to judge him a failure, more never really got a fair chance to prove himself.

The only memory I have of him was of him taking the worst corner in CAFC history.
    Cant even remember the match, I know it was away fixture and right in front of us.
    I want to say Reading or Derby....

It was Derby, one of those moments i'm really glad i can say 'i was there'
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - Ba.             Failure
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell
    - Dale Stephens.    Bad call

So of those he influenced - 9 - five were bad calls.  Of those he called right Diarra and Fanni were ex French internationals that I could have called right.  Its not the greatest CV.

i assumed he had joined Swanseas scouting team when Gallagher went there
    Do you think that the 4 fails where general bad players?  Ba had never played men's football and was over played for example due . Kashi's injury.  But 3 of the players you said failed played under 3 different managers in total chaos.  Another player bought in at the same time was Sarr, look how much he has improved under proper coaching and a stable environment. 

Nego was totally unsuited.

I would also go as far to say that JBG and Diarra are 2 of the best players that we have ever signed, outside of the top flight. 
    Ba wasn't overplayed. He Was just utter shite from the very moment he stepped on the pitch for us. He'd played men's football, not in great quantities admittedly, over 4 years and he was 22 when he signed. He should have been able to contribute to our midfield all season but he was total rubbish. Even Driesen has admitted in the past that Ba was a total disaster
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ceballos got seriously injured early on. And once recovered, sold on to STVV to get his high wages off the books after relegation.

Harsh to judge him a failure, more never really got a fair chance to prove himself.

The only memory I have of him was of him taking the worst corner in CAFC history.
    Cant even remember the match, I know it was away fixture and right in front of us.

Scott Parker took the worst corner in Charlton history. Went about 1 yard before going out of play. Away to Bradford in Div 2, Championship or whatever the fuck it was called. Hilarious.

We lost 1-0 (I think).
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if the Thomas Driesen algorithm could be packaged up and sold?  No need for scouts, huge savings for Premiership clubs. 

Read why Liverpool signed Salah.  It wasn't through scouting, it was quite obvious to everyone he was "quite good" it was because their "data" suggested he was undervalued in the market.  

People mock him, some times justifiably, but no one actually knows what he actually does and throw around football manager, fifa and watching YouTube in his under pants.  It is probably much more detailed and involved than that. 
    If he has a product to sell he will continue to work in football. He is not short on self belief. Now is the time to step out of the shadows, now is the time to bring his ideas to the table and answer his critics in the best way possible.

FWIW I would be amazed if that happens.  Driesen has no traceable football background and no Uncle Roly character to indulge him ... as far as I know.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell

So of those he influenced - 9 - five were bad calls.  Of those he called right Diarra and Fanni were ex French internationals that I could have called right.  Its not the greatest CV.

Do you think that the 4 fails where general bad players?  Ba had never played men's football and was over played for example due . Kashi's injury.  But 3 of the players you said failed played under 3 different managers in total chaos.  Another player bought in at the same time was Sarr, look how much he has improved under proper coaching and a stable environment. 

I would also go as far to say that JBG and Diarra are 2 of the best players that we have ever signed, outside of the top flight. 
    Ba wasn't overplayed. He Was just utter shite from the very moment he stepped on the pitch for us. He'd played men's football, not in great quantities admittedly, over 4 years and he was 22 when he signed. He should have been able to contribute to our midfield all season but he was total rubbish. Even Driesen has admitted in the past that Ba was a total disaster
    He wouldn't of had to play if Kashi was fit, he had played about 15 games before we signed him, less than Morgan has, now playing in the French second division.  IMO if he had played for Bowyer you might have seen a player. 

• Options
    Agreed. 

Ba could play. He just needed games and guidance. Losing Kashi was a hammer blow. What a good player he was. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if the Thomas Driesen algorithm could be packaged up and sold?  No need for scouts, huge savings for Premiership clubs. 

Read why Liverpool signed Salah.  It wasn't through scouting, it was quite obvious to everyone he was "quite good" it was because their "data" suggested he was undervalued in the market.  

People mock him, some times justifiably, but no one actually knows what he actually does and throw around football manager, fifa and watching YouTube in his under pants.  It is probably much more detailed and involved than that. 
    If he has a product to sell he will continue to work in football. He is not short on self belief. Now is the time to step out of the shadows, now is the time to bring his ideas to the table and answer his critics in the best way possible.

FWIW I would be amazed if that happens.  Driesen has no traceable football background and no Uncle Roly character to indulge him ... as far as I know.
    But you don't know his back ground, neither do I, he hasn't played. Does he have a degree in some data based subject? I don't know, it's all rumour and innuendo. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:

Scott Parker took the worst corner in Charlton history. Went about 1 yard before going out of play. Away to Bradford in Div 2, Championship or whatever the fuck it was called. Hilarious.

We lost 1-0 (I think).
    Ceballos' didnt even make it on to the pitch.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Simonsen said:
    PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:

We lost 1-0 (I think).
    Ceballos' didnt even make it on to the pitch.
    Are you sure?

Then the ball was not in play. And the corner would be retaken.

Edit: I've just seen the video. Ha ha. You win :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It wouldn't be cheap!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

such a supple wrist
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell

Do you think that the 4 fails where general bad players?  Ba had never played men's football and was over played for example due to Kashi's injury.  But 3 of the players you said failed played under 3 different managers in total chaos.  Another player bought in at the same time was Sarr, look how much he has improved under proper coaching and a stable environment. 

To turn your argument around how do we know what influence he had over those two signings.

JBG was the only playing and financial success of the network.

Sarr has been a financial disaster and did ok-ish in league one.

He doesn't even claim to have spotted them.

So if you say we can't blame him because we don't know 100% fact what he did by the same logic we can't credit him either.

• Options

Already been done. Though I think Sega might have a few copyright issues if TD tries to cash in on their baby.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blame Ronald, not some kid who was lucky enough to land the job.
    I bet there are people on here who children work for the Daily Mail/Sun or are a solicitor and are stealing for leaving. Well everybody hates your children, not just Charlton supporters.

• Options
    Still at it:

• Options
    Love the way you lot are biting. Time to let it go people. If you ignore, it will just go away........
  • Options
    Wonder who he is talking about? Mid table L1 team player?
  • Options
    If he had any say in Cullen etc I’m sure Bows would have asked to keep him at the club. What a bell 
  • Options
    Wonder who he is talking about? Mid table L1 team player?

Callumcafc
    said:
    My guess on the vetoed midfielder is Jason Cummings

• Options
    edited January 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Blame Ronald, not some kid who was lucky enough to land the job.
    I bet there are people on here who children work for the Daily Mail/Sun or are a solicitor and are stealing for leaving. Well everybody hates your children, not just Charlton supporters.

Thomas Driesen is a lucky lad because of the bizarre and unique ways of the Douchebag. There are so many of the under 35 (and older) Charlton lifers who would've given up their 5 knuckle shuffle, to have been in Tommy boys position as a teenager and 20's to be paid to advise an old eccentric fool.
    At least 3 posters at the lower age group sound jealous ? Well I guess they have boring jobs.
    20 Years ago I said look at Michael Carrick in West ham's reserves and Tim Cahill, about the year 2000 when fans of these team told me about them at work, now I would email or text these names to Steve Gallen.( Only because they would already be known and ask,  why can't  we bid for these players ? ) Our budget then would have purchased these players at that point in their careers. I thought it was TC's first season at Millwall and Carrick was struggling for a while and was sent out on loan to Birmingham.
    I imagine Driesden's remit was to use the network and use a European database of players.

Not on twitter or Facebook as CL is consuming and addictive enough !

Of course it's a crazy thing for Gallen to have to ok transfers or Loans through TD and hopefully he has disappeared down the bunker with his favourite "uncle".
    With Steve Gallen as head of Recruitment we can go back to being a professional football club but I don't blame TD, just feel he was a lucky bastard.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wanted to sign:
    - Teixeira
    - JBG
    - Nego.         Failure
    - Makienok.  Failure
    - Diarra
    - Fanni
    - Ceballos.   Failure

Wanted to sell

Do you think that the 4 fails where general bad players?  Ba had never played men's football and was over played for example due to Kashi's injury.  But 3 of the players you said failed played under 3 different managers in total chaos.  Another player bought in at the same time was Sarr, look how much he has improved under proper coaching and a stable environment. 

They all failed for us, doesn't matter if they were good or bad players.  Ultimately he was given too much responsibility (RDs fault, not his).  The best managers build a squad of talent and character.  Someone like TD helps but does not have a final veto.