Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gunshots at London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I just hope the policeman that did shoot him doesn’t get dragged through investigations and has his career effected. He should be commended not vilified.
    This can’t happen as the instruction to shoot came through the radio, it wasn’t the officer’s call. So basically a free shot.
    I think you're wrong there mate. The police were reacting to a threat and I don't think there would have been time to get any orders.  
  • Options
    No there definitely were.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    From where? Who else would've been more informed than the coppers at the scene?
  • Options
    Trust me it was a shot authorised over the radio.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Okay, you obviously have some sort of knowledge, but if what you're saying is correct, what is the point in training these people to react to this kind of incident if they have to wait for the command, in the heat of the moment, to neutralise the threat? The scenario just looked like a text book exercise to me, blokes got a bomb strapped to him in a built up area, one outcome
  • Options
    Okay, you obviously have some sort of knowledge, but if what you're saying is correct, what is the point in training these people to react to this kind of incident if they have to wait for the command, in the heat of the moment, to neutralise the threat? The scenario just looked like a text book exercise to me, blokes got a bomb strapped to him in a built up area, one outcome
    They may want to know why the terrorist was’nt killed instantly. He could have detonated the belt after he’d been shot.
  • Options
    They may want to know why the terrorist was’nt killed instantly. He could have detonated the belt after he’d been shot.
    Well this is what I have said in the past (Stockwell), that even an injured person can still detonate a bomb, so shoot to kill must be their policy for this kind of scenario. I'm just asking why they'd need to wait for an order from someone else, not at the scene? Maybe in a hostage type scenario, but in a reactive one such as yesterday?

Although it wasn't reported, I think this bloke was shot dead and died almost instantly at the scene 
  • Options
    Well this is what I have said in the past (Stockwell), that even an injured person can still detonate a bomb, so shoot to kill must be their policy for this kind of scenario. I'm just asking why they'd need to wait for an order from someone else, not at the scene? Maybe in a hostage type scenario, but in a reactive one such as yesterday?

Although it wasn't reported, I think this bloke was shot dead and died almost instantly at the scene 
    Sure yesterday there were people saying they heard 10/12 shots which was suggest killed instantly but not seen any confirmation of that. Maybe just their minds playing tricks in a panicked situation ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sure yesterday there were people saying they heard 10/12 shots which was suggest killed instantly but not seen any confirmation of that. Maybe just their minds playing tricks in a panicked situation ?
    Yeah maybe, remember the police first said there was one in custody, but they may have put that out there as they thought there were more people involved?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Seems like one of the (4?) people that got involved was a convicted murderer on day release.
    Crazy how one person being released too soon has led to this attack, whereas another not serving his whole sentence in jail has helped put it to an end.
    Yup. 2 people involved that should have been locked up. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Seems like one of the (4?) people that got involved was a convicted murderer on day release.
    Crazy how one person being released too soon has led to this attack, whereas another not serving his whole sentence in jail has helped put it to an end.
    Ironically the murderer guy was probably breaking day release terms by being there in the first place 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Huskaris said:
    Ironically the murderer guy was probably breaking day release terms by being there in the first place 
    What, being at an offenders convention?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    shine166 said:
    Huskaris said:
    Was that not the terrorist at the convention where he stabbed someone ? 

I'm talking about the guy on day release that tackled him on the bridge.
  • Options
    Think they were both there mate. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Huskaris said:
    Was that not the terrorist at the convention where he stabbed someone ? 

I'm talking about the guy on day release that tackled him on the bridge.
    Got a feeling they were probably all there mate. There were around 4 or 5 blokes just out of shot who all had the same ID visitor type cards round their necks, so I reckon it started in Fishmongers Hall and they got him out, ending up on the north side of the bridge. Unless it was by sheer coincidence that a murderer, out on day release, was in the vicinity of that particular convention, in which case I stand corrected 
  • Options
    Think they were both there mate. 
    Ah fair play, cheers 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Grabbing a fire extinguisher is extremely practical, grabbing a whale tusk is extremely badass. 
    People that run towards these things for a job are heroes, members of the public that do it, when all the advice is to run away, are something beyond that. 
    A lot of people are probably waking up this morning thanks to these guys. 
    Yeah proper heroes, not sure I'd have the courage to react the same way under the same circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

I just seen a video of these in action
  • Options
    Just going over London bridge by train. 
    You can still see the police in attendance on the bridge itself. 
    Brings it home just how close to home it was .
    RIP the two who died and a speedy recovery to those injured 
  • Options
    Shout out to the chap that fended him off with a whale tusk. The most British thing ever. 

These vile humans will not stop the British going about their life.

RIP to the two victims 
  • Options
    @robroy, except he was polish :-). Anyway, here's the video.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @robroy, except he was polish :-). Anyway, here's the video.
    The word “hero” gets overused, but these guys are the definition. I love the thought process of the guy that had the tusk!
  • Options
    Looks like he tried to stab the guy with the extinguisher and the third bloke came in and knocked him off balance.
    Not sure I would have only hit him once with the extinguisher when he was on the ground if he'd had tried to stab me.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Looks like he tried to stab the guy with the extinguisher and the third bloke came in and knocked him off balance.
    Not sure I would have only hit him once with the extinguisher when he was on the ground if he'd had tried to stab me.
    In a similar situation (and I've given it thought, I don't have kids, I'm nearly 90kg and I'm late twenties, I would intervene), if it was a case of a potential suicide bomber I'd cave their head in with whatever I could get my hands on (fire extinguisher seems like a fantastic implement for it), after all, the police will be doing exactly that when they get there. 
  • Options
    Oh to be 90kg......
  • Options
    I should point out, not an obese 90kg, just a fat 90kg ;-)
  • Options
    Im sure like many others, ive walked along London Bridge many many times and will do again. I remember the last incident at Borough Market/London Bridge and there were a few members of the public that bravely fought attackers that night as well or it could of been worse.
    RIP to those that were sadly killed, so horrible to think that they were probably just there like any other day and will never return home.
    And well done to those that tackled the scum and stopped anyone else from being killed.