Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Faye, Romm and Bent

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
the only 'deadwood' left in my opinion. Will anyone take them off our hands. I reckon Romm will definately go as we've already seen that Auxerre, Rennes and Galatasary are interested. Bent may interest one of the promoted teams or another Championship side and let's hope that is the case. Reckon we will be stuck with Faye though which is unfortunate because a) he's rubbish and b) his wages are probably high.

Comments

• Options
    Faye going to Brum according to the People for £400k this week. i don't think he's great but £400k is pretty poor.
  • Options
    If we can get rid of Faye for 400,000 then we shoud bite their hands off. He is one of the worst players I have ever seen at The Valley. To think that he is taking about 15-20k per week out of our club breakes my heart.
  • Options
    Faye is not as bad as everyone makes out. He actually had a good start to the season and people were saying they liked what they saw.

What is forming opinion is the couple of dire performances he put in during the middle of the season. But he was ill and shouldn't of bee playing. It hit his confidence after that.

I too would be keen to see him move on, but if he stays he will appear a better player than some give him credit for.
  • Options
    AFKA, I really hope you're right but I have to say that at times, ill or not, he just looked so far off the pace that it was ridiculous. His nadir was the Forest game when he was abysmal in the short time he was on, it was embarassing.
  • Options
    I agree with AFKA, he was our best player for the 1st 10 games but then I thought didn't have the heart, bottle or guile to dig in when we needed it (although you could apply that to about 15 players last season....)

The Forest game was completely embaressing and made my top 3 worst all time performances and I've seen some beauties.

Christ I'm feeling depressed again!

How on earth Dowie thought Faye was worth 2 Million is completely beyond me.
  • Options
    'Christ I'm feeling depressed again!'

Just that comment ,Falconwood, has freaked me out!!

Please let us have some joy this season...

Flying start against Scunthorpe please!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Faye is not as bad as everyone makes out. He actually had a good start to the season and people were saying they liked what they saw.

What is forming opinion is the couple of dire performances he put in during the middle of the season. But he was ill and shouldn't of bee playing. It hit his confidence after that.

I too would be keen to see him move on, but if he stays he will appear a better player than some give him credit for.
    He made a good start to the season playing in defence (after Traore got sent-off and a couple of injuries) - the rest of the season (when he played) he was in midfield.
  • Options
    I don't think Faye is as bad as people have made out, but he's probably a drain on the wage bill so I'd be happy to see him shown the door.

Speaking of drains, the thought of Rommedahl at Galatasaray makes me laugh like one...
  • Options
    Paper talk

Charlton midfielder Amdy Faye is according to The People chased by Birmingham. The former Portsmouth and Newcastle player moved to Charlton in front of the 06-07 season.

Faye (30) has played in England since his move from Auxerre to Portsmouth in August 2003.

Also being linked with Brimingham's ex Colchester attacking midfielder Niel Danns.
  • Options
    http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=hotline-special--&method=full&objectid=19387353&siteid=93463-name_page.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God I hope Birmingham are stupid enough to pay £400k for him - absolutely absymal player who will also struggle in the Championship with his lack of ball control, passing ability, vision, pace, strength, energy, motivation, heading ability, game reading & basic technique. Did I miss anything??!!
  • Options
    Faye's gonna be the lynchpin next year, the unfussy midfield ballwinner. £400k is a pittance for a player of his ability.
  • Options
    You would think Dowie owes us a favour. Faye to Coventry.....come on Dowie, get your finger out! ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Faye's gonna be the lynchpin next year, the unfussy midfield ballwinner. £400k is a pittance for a player of his ability.[/quote]

I will not bite.

400k bite their hands off
  • Options
    take it and run. He is/was absymal. One of the worst I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Ok 400k means a big loss but it's still 400k and we'd get his big wages off the books.
  • Options
    Some of the games I saw him in he wasn't that bad...he stepped up to play CH a couple of times as well..but then again I am not there week in week out watching the team....
  • Options
    Sun reporting a £500k move to Brum for Faye this morning.
  • Options
    I thought he was our best signing at the start of the season, well composed, strong and good in the air. Did a good job at centre half against Drogba away at chelsea. Having said all that I echo what AFKA says that he fell away after he had the flu and his confidence took a hammering.
  • Options
    I would suspect that more than the stated dead wood is likely to go.
  • Options
    bbc gossip says romm to go and birmingham for faye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    excellent. Ship off M Bent and we will be a lean, mean (plus Andy Reid) Championship winning team.
  • Options
    great in the first ten games? Not sure I agree with that, but didn't we lose most of them?

Get rid for nothing if possible, Bent too.

Romm can stay and sh*t all over the championshop.

:)
  • Options
    Mark my words, sell Faye and we're down here for a few years yet!
  • Options
    keep taking the tablets..
  • Options
    Mark my words sunshine. If Faye goes, our promotion hopes go with him. Now don't be giving me an excuse to post words like I told you so" next May!!!!!
  • Options
    PARP!