Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A conundrum. Views please.

2»

Comments

• Options
    It’s ok guys. I’m alive. We just had to grin and bear it I’m afraid as there wasn’t a spare seat to be had and we didn’t feel up to shaming the poor guy as we felt a bit sorry for him. Not sure what I’d do again in the same circumstances. I guess it’s a bit like very large people buying plane tickets when they are clearly too big for the seats. 

As for the show, it picked up a bit in the second half mainly due to Matt Forde (who’s Boris impersonation is brilliant) and Darah O’Brienn who was very good.  On the whole a very disappointing evening. It was interesting to watch the audience. About half and half between people like me sitting with arms folded counting the minutes and others laughing loudly (and in some cases very annoyingly). All a matter of taste I suppose. And money raised for a good cause so no harm done. 
    Fancy laughing at a comedy gig......must have been very annoying & broke your concentration whilst on your phone.
    Can’t resist a dig can you?   🙄Apart from that, and funnily enough, unlike music gigs I’ve been to, the audience was asked to turn phones completely off during the performance and, much to my pleasant surprise, everybody did. Made a change not to be staring through a sea of iPhones. 
  • Options
    ... the audience was asked to turn phones completely off during the performance and, much to my pleasant surprise, everybody did. Made a change not to be staring through a sea of iPhones. 
    Some comedians are quite nervous about anyone recording their material as it can be edited so that they appear to be making jokes about something completely different. I spoke with Ross Noble once and he was saying that it wouldn't take much editing to make it sound as though he was a racist (which he is definitely not). Musicians don't have that problem.
  • Options
    P I C O S U A C A
    Can’t believe no one got this. It’s been said twice in this thread!
  • Options
    P I C O S U A C A
    Can’t believe no one got this. It’s been said twice in this thread!
    There’s no need to come across all capacious.
  • Options
    Finally!
  • Options
    I thought that is why it had been used. 
  • Options
    Finally!
    Worth a promote?