Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average age of our side today

Apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere but that had to be pretty close to a record for us??
Im sure someone will do the maths but looking at it on paper we done pretty remarkable today in a championship match against last season premiership opposition. 

Comments

• Options
    The average age of the 13 players used by us today was just under 24. Pearce at 31 is the old man of the team with three 19 year olds and a 20 year old at the other end of the spectrum.
  • Options
    Cheers, I said same to couole Millwall pals who piped up that I reckon our average age was 23 with only one player over 30.
    They was pretty astonished tbf
  • Options
    We played a cup game a couple of years ago where the average age must have been 21 or so, if I remember correctly it was 8 teenagers and 3 older heads coming back from injury
  • Options
    With
    Pearce-31
    Matthews-27
    Lockyer-24(25 in a week)
    Oshilaja-26
    Oztumer-28

I would be surprised if its anywhere near our youngest team, considering some of the teams we put out in the cups, even Sunderland 1st game of last season I think would have been younger

5 players over 25(well 4 and one almost 25) plus a couple of 24 year old in Bonne and Phillips.

I get they are still young, but cant see the average age being below 24

• Options
    With
    Pearce-31
    Matthews-27
    Lockyer-24(25 in a week)
    Oshilaja-26
    Oztumer-28

I would be surprised if its anywhere near our youngest team, considering some of the teams we put out in the cups, even Sunderland 1st game of last season I think would have been younger

5 players over 25(well 4 and one almost 25) plus a couple of 24 year old in Bonne and Phillips.

It wouldn't as that side had Pearce, Marshall and Pratley who would all have been 30 plus in addition to Solly, Taylor and Bauer who would all have been 27 or older
  • Options
    With
    Pearce-31
    Matthews-27
    Lockyer-24(25 in a week)
    Oshilaja-26
    Oztumer-28

It wouldn't as that side had Pearce, Marshall and Pratley who would all have been 30 plus in addition to Solly, Taylor and Bauer who would all have been 27 or older
    Forgot about Marshall and Pratley, so you are probably right.

But i still think we would have had younger teams in the league than today
  • Options
    Would like to see it (league game) 
  • Options
    It can't have happened too often that we have had more than three teenagers on the pitch at the same time in a League game?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Would like to see it (league game) 
    Edit, my calculation was fucked because i missed one haha
  • Options
    Whose the other player, 10 players there Paulie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a quick glance makes that average over 23
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    As i said it was a young team, but I doubt it was the youngest due to players over 25
  • Options
    It can't have happened too often that we have had more than three teenagers on the pitch at the same time in a League game?
    I remember us starting 2 17 year olds, we went up as champions that season.