Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lisbie released!!

such a shame the young promising talent that is kevin lisbie can't reach his full potential at charlton, i just hope we don't live to regret this!

Comments

• Options
    I cancelled Valley Gold this morning.

Absolutely disgusted by this penny pinching decision. Our club made a committment to developing young talent, and you don't get more young and talented that Young Talented Kev.

When he comes of age, we will live to regret this decision. This goes against everything our club stands for when it preaches about Caring for the Community.

Worried from Woolwich
  • Options
    it's finally over
  • Options
    Lisbie appreciation thread?
  • Options
    surely if we held on to him for a while under contract the offers would come flooding in for this rough diamond.... the board have potentially missed out on millions by not cashing in on one of our greatest assets... 11 years 19 goals says it all boy genius!
  • Options
    First our star player now our biggest prospect for the future - what is going on at this club - SACK OI HENRY!!!!
  • Options
    don't we have a moral obligation to find the guy another role in the company ? What about his family etc ?

I fully understand the need for cutbacks, but to deliver such a hammer blow to one so young may rest uneasy on a lot people's conscience ????
  • Options
    Reckon he must still have something very strong over Curb's so your "hammer blow" comment might be a premonition of him ending up over the river????
  • Options
    The most talented player on our books according to Di Canio.

There may well be too much "baggage" for him to stay at Charlton now but I think he WILL come good somewhere.

I just hope it isn't against us!
  • Options
    I blame Andrew Mills.
  • Options
    Quote of the day from the OS: Lisbie who scored 19 goals in 11 years as a professional - says it all really........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely he could've done a job in the ccc??

as Reg's new PA??
  • Options
    The big turnover of players in the last couple of years means that Matt Holland is now the player at the club with the most Charlton goals. Jon Fortune is second. :/

In fact, the whole squad has 51 CAFC goals between them.

(Yes, I'm bored.)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I told you lot this 6 weeks ago! Plus Hughes and the rest of them.... ;)

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=7405&page=1#Item_33
  • Options
    Reserves........you edited out Marcun Bent in your thread link.
    Is he still edited out or finally getting his car out of the garage and on his way......?
  • Options
    Not wishing to be controversial but for me he was a Charlton lad who managed to do a job in his early years but sadly was apart from one game - the Liverpool game - never able to gather enough confidence to secure a sustained position in the side. He has of course in recent years been subject to a series of illness and injuries

Really he should moved years ago, nobody can sustain a career flitting in & out of a side for 3 yrs let alone 8/9yrs. When he did go on loan he seemed do a reasonable job so hopefully he will find something - I for one would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him well

Grapevine49
  • Options
    And I agree with you, Grapevine.

Go for it SuperKev - and show everybody that you have got what it takes.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I'll always have a soft spot for young Kev for that Liverpool hat trick on 27 September 2003. It made my 40th birthday a perfect day.

Good luck Kev.
  • Options
    Oggy, I still don't know anything about Marcus Bent, i don't have access to any further info than I originally posted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Oggy, I still don't know anything about Marcus Bent, i don't have access to any further info than I originally posted.

Cheers, Reserves ......... do let us know if you hear any rumblings on the old jungle telegraph.

BTW, your Dad doesn't work behind the scenes at Charlton, does he?
    We can do with a 'red under the bed' for news and gossip at source..... ! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'll always have a soft spot for young Kev for that Liverpool hat trick on 27 September 2003. It made my 40th birthday a perfect day.

Good luck Kev.

Now we all know how old you are Weegie!
    Who would've thought it. I can still remember you racing up the wing for Charlton Unathletic......... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IM SO HAPPY
  • Options
    Lisbie has gone ............thanks goodness for that!!
  • Options
    Always will remember a story I was told about Lisbie when Di Canio was at the Club with Di Canio describing how in his Italian accent as 'You givea the ball to a lisbie & he shooter it over the bar' then waving his hands in the air in his very Di Canio way. :-)
  • Options
    Hurrah!
    Someone else can pay for him to play pool all day in Yates

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    @ Ketman, LOL!

Bye Kev