Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

See Tickets - ridiculous policy

Bach in June I booked 3 x tickets for a Gerry Cinnamon gig at the O2 Brixton Academy tomorrow night for £90.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I can no longer attend, but my mates still want to.

I've received an email yesterday (and was informed at the time of booking but didn't worry as I intended to go) that the lead Booker (me) has to be present with valid ID. 

I have just contacted them to ask if they can swap the lead Booker to my mates name, so they can still attend. I thought mates could possibly sell my ticket but was accepting it may not be possible.

See Tickets actually said they can't change the name so none of us can attend.

Now i'm all for sorting issues with touting but this seems absurd that if you book a gig (as the lead) x months ago and life subsequently changes, that everyone in your party misses out and loses out financially!! End of story.

Has anyone got any experience of this? Is it just tough s**t? It doesn't feel right to me.

Comments

• Options
    very harsh policy .. how small was the small print ?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    They never check the ID or names of the person on the tickets all the times i've been.  They just scan the barcode and let you in.

They say that in the small print to stop touting but they don't actually bother
  • Options
    I've never had my ID checked at Brixton Academy. 
  • Options
    See I did receive checks at a gig last year (not Brixton O2).

They have sent an email and just sent me the link below when I just queried it with a "We sincerely apologise for any disappointment this has caused"

https://www.seetickets.com/event/gerry-cinnamon/o2-academy-brixton-london/1394619

Mates are v. reluctant to spend £30 travelling on a train up from Kent to then not get in.
  • Options
    It says that on all tickets they issue, i've been to many gigs and they never check ID.

Not saying it won't happen but if was me I wouldn't worry about it and just go.  I'd be very surprised if they checked and refused entry
  • Options
    I've never had ID checked going to a gig. Not once. If you're worried, give your mate your bank card as ID. That's if he's trustworthy enough not to get the beers in with it!
  • Options
    Do any of your mates look like you, as they could take your driving license. I'm sure they don't scrutinise every photo ID and as long as the name's the same, should get away with it.
  • Options
    No way will they be checking every person's ID against their concert ticket... it's just not feasible.
  • Options
    I guess being The Organiser it's only natural for you to be the lead booker  ;)
  • Options
    They don't bother for 2 reasons, firstly, like the doctor said, if they had to check every persons ID the queue would be horrendous and most people would probably miss the gig!  Considering 4,000 people descend on the venue around the same time, it would be impossible to do.  Secondly the reason is to stop touting and protect the integrity of the artist and neither the venue owners nor the people on the door give a monkeys toss about that, they are probably only interested in if you are causing trouble, dealing or under age, that is what they would get in trouble for
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the reassurance chaps. Like you say, I usually take these threats with a pinch of salt, but did get checked at a gig last year and know the football is getting more strict for internationals.

They're going to give it a go but we’ll all be mighty pissed off if they are refused.
  • Options
    forgive my ignorance, but whotf is Gerry Cinnamon ?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    He's about to become quite massive, already huge in Scotland and has just announced a gig at Hamden Park.

Check the crowd out here from the summer.

https://youtu.be/m3o8pNeMfVI
  • Options
    Saw him at the IOW Festival this year and could not understand a word he said. Proper thick Glaswegian accent. Even my missus who’s Scottish struggled at times!
  • Options
    He’s Scottish and Celtic, I should hate him. Love some of his songs and lyrics though.

Listen to ‘sometimes’, sure plenty have heard that. I love ‘Belter’ and ‘Canter’.
  • Options
    I love Gerry Cinnamon, that Brixton gig will be great. Hes still just at the stage where he isn't on the radio every 5 minutes so the crowd will be very into him

In regards your tickets, I'd never been asked for ID at any gig anywhere until the Noel Gallagher show at Brighton. There was very nearly a riot outside as loads of people buy tickets from places like viagogo and they are null and void as the shitehawk who whored the tickets to my missus wasnt there and we weren't him and had no ID. We got told at the time that the stringent checks were at the request of NG and his promoter. Thankfully we got a pair of dace value tickets from the box office but only because we were there fairly early. 

This is different to your situation, if I was you I'd lend your mates a bank card or your driving licence and they should be fine and could probably flog the other ticket outside as well 
  • Options
    Spice boy. 
  • Options
    anyone put a spoonful of cinnamon in their mouth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone put a spoonful of cinnamon in their mouth?
    Yep , Porky Parry.

https://youtu.be/87Cwaf8pyN4
  • Options
    Thanks to the Organiser's post i downloaded some of Mr Cinnamon's music.  I am hooked.  Love his lyrics.  

• Options
    Glad you liked it Curb it. Certainly lyrics I’m sure a lot can relate too. 
  • Options
    Is it just me being old & fucking miserable or does anybody else hate imbeciles who sit on their mates shoulders obscuring lots of peoples view ?
  • Options
    Is it just me being old & fucking miserable or does anybody else hate imbeciles who sit on their mates shoulders obscuring lots of peoples view ?
    Not just you, people now throw things at them until they get down.
  • Options
    Not just you, people now throw things at them until they get down.
    That's the only time I condone throwing a pint of urine 
  • Options
    Seems to be a trend for people to throw their drinks over everyone else as well
  • Options
    If you sit on someones shoulders at a gig, you lose the right to not be coined.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I’ve stopped going to gigs now. Mainly due to exorbitant ticket prices but also due to having to watch through a sea of mobile phones and listen despite incessant chatter. I’m getting old. 
  • Options
    Glad you liked it Curb it. Certainly lyrics I’m sure a lot can relate too. 
    I'm a fan of Gerry and was at one of the Brixton gigs. He is a bit of a one trick pony, my guess is the second record wont come close to his first.

I hope I'm wrong..