Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pete Doherty

Just caught the end of him on Joanthan Woss.

Have to say, at the risk of sounding like an old f*cker, I don't know one thing he's ever done musically and on a personal level he seems like a totally pointless waste of space knob end.

Just my personal opinion, of course. Now .... where's my cocoa?

Comments

• agree totally and I'm not even that old.......... think the libertines were so overrated.
  • I also Agree waste of space there are tons of people talented people that deserve a break and this bloke hogs the limelight poxy junkie
  • good poet though...im not a fan of the l'tines...but he was a very good poet - got voted europes best u16 poet in russia when he was 9!!!bizarre.
  • have to say i disagree, very talented, like a lot of his music, from libertines days to his own written solo material and feel very sorry for what drugs, his own weakness and people all to ready to exploit him have done to such a talent
  • The Libertines' first album was outstanding - their second merely very good ('Can't Stand Me Now' is a superb track)
  • I think he's actuallly a lot cleverer than people realise , but was just surrounded my a lot of people who weren't a good influence. A lot of the stories that came out were actually released by his own people so the money would come back to him. The libertines marked the start of a whole new generation of bands and poetically his lyrics are amazing. The early babyshambles acoustic sessions (from before libertines were properly formed) spanning about 7 hours of cds are amazing.

Im not a fan of babyshambles now and I didnt even like the second libertines album as much but I think he's far more of a talent than someone like Kurt Cobain ever was and it's just far too fashionable to hate him for people to really try and discover just how good he once was.
  • I think he was a 'straight A' student at GCSE/A-Level. He also used to write a fanzine for QPR which probably makes him a decent bloke deep down in my book.
  • [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]I think he was a 'straight A' student at GCSE/A-Level. He also used to write a fanzine for QPR which probably makes him a decent bloke deep down in my book.

Indeed, it was called All Quiet on the Western Avenue. I used to see him a few times hanging around Shepherd's Bush in his tunic.

He is/was a talented guy, but drugs and fame seem to have eaten away at that - he's in a place where nobody will say "no" to him, and nobody will deliver the slap he so surely needs. Saw Babyshambles last year at a festival and they were appalling.
  • Very talented individual, I have to say I am a massive Pete Doherty fan. I saw The Libertines a few times and they were amazing live, I've seen Babyshambles in the flesh twice and although Pete's writing is as good as ever, the band don't quite cut the mustard.

If Pete could get clean and stay clean he could become huge, and labelled as the voice of a generation IMO - Pete's problem isn't Pete as such, it's the 'hangers on & liggers' who stay with him while he's famous etc.
  • So, it seems that even the people who are disagreeing with me are sort of agreeing also.

I just hope that somebody will make endless excuses for me if I ever turn into a weak drug-addled knob cheese!
  • Sponsored links:

• I happen to really like Down In Albion, Babyshambles first album.

Doesn't touch the Libertines but still a good band along with Dirty Pretty Things.

And Pete Doherty as a bloke and as a musician is just quality.

Funny Youtube video of him when he looks a bit younger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quba72Xli8o
  • edited July 2007
    There's more chance of me sh*gging Kate Moss than Pete staying clean.....:o(
  • bout fecking time he ended up in prison
  • 2nd time he has been inside. Spent 2 months inside a few years back.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]2nd time he has been inside. Spent 2 months inside a few years back.

Ended up in Pentonville after robbing Carl Barat's (Former Libertine band mate) flat.
    Pete is so talented, but is throwing his life away, hopefully this will sort him out once and for all............somehow doubt it.
  • hes still a complete c*nt
  • along with james blunt hes complete shite
  • Conforms well this shit bag. From a good family. He calls it a tough upbringing, a lot of us would call it a priveledged upbringing. Undoubted talent but hell bent on shitting it up.

Spoiled child behaviour to me, he has had more oportunities than most of us put together, if he doesn't learn the coup this time then he will be dead within 12 months
  • Agree with Carter on all that crap about his "tough upbringing". Complete bs.

Waste of space musically and lyrically - derivative dross imo. Been given soooo much limelight by the press/media, but that's all of our faults i s'pose.

And to keep getting let off, let's face it cos of his celeb status.. well...

He won't be in the nick for even a month you'll find.

Waste of good air!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2008
    poxy double post
  • Leroy you say what I think my man. He's about as talented as my belly button.
  • [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]2nd time he has been inside. Spent 2 months inside a few years back.

Ended up in Pentonville after robbing Carl Barat's (Former Libertine band mate) flat.
    Pete is so talented, but is throwing his life away, hopefully this will sort him out once and for all............somehow doubt it.
    How the **** is he talented? I've written better songs than that c*** whilst sitting on the khazi. Everything he's done sounds like a shite Jam or Buzzcocks cover band. Absolute waste of space - hope him and that other waste of space that's married to Amy Winehouse get shivved.
  • "Everything he's done sounds like a shite Jam or Buzzcocks cover band"

That's spot on for me except I'd say everything he's done sounds *worse* than a shite Jam/Buzzcocks/Kinks covers band.

Loathe to use Bands like them in relation to the **** really!
  • Thought he was a big Only Ones fans (Peter Perritt, their lead singer was another junkie) but the little I've heard of his music has not impressed me.
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]2nd time he has been inside. Spent 2 months inside a few years back.

How the **** is he talented? I've written better songs than that c*** whilst sitting on the khazi.

Come on then Leroy, lets hear these songs of yours!
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]I think he was a 'straight A' student at GCSE/A-Level. He also used to write a fanzine for QPR which probably makes him a decent bloke deep down in my book.

Indeed, it was called All Quiet on the Western Avenue. I used to see him a few times hanging around Shepherd's Bush in his tunic.

He is/was a talented guy, but drugs and fame seem to have eaten away at that - he's in a place where nobody will say "no" to him, and nobody will deliver the slap he so surely needs. Saw Babyshambles last year at a festival and they were appalling.

I thought he got a slap when he was in the Powers bar, Kilburn on paddy's nite!

Anyway, another waste of talent due to excessive drug addiction....JUST SAY NO...or just a very small line ;o)
  • Perhaps it's a generational thing, I never rated or got into the Libertines or the stuff that he's done since in other bands or solo, however one of my work colleagues thinks he is a fantastic musician and singer/songwriter.

He seems to have a self-destructive if not suicidal personality and for whatever reason he has been over-indulged throughout his career, the record companies don't mind as long as he keeps selling so of course they turn a blind eye to his drug use, especially as it gets him media attention. The tabloids get something to write about and glorify, while of course moralising hypocritically about how wrong it is and so on.

For his sake I hope he gets himself cleaned up, you can only abuse drugs for so long.