Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is our record against Millwall really that bad?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    I can’t think of any derby in English football that is so one sided between relatively even matched clubs. 
    Ipswich not beaten Norwich for ages
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I can’t think of any derby in English football that is so one sided between relatively even matched clubs. 
    It is what it is but it’s an utter embarrassment and it can’t be dressed up in any other way
  • Options
    Yes. It’s shit.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    It is what it is but it’s an utter embarrassment and it can’t be dressed up in any other way
    I think the fact that we’re Smallwall and have never played in the premiershit probably makes it harder for you? 
  • Options
    Why was this thread not deleted for jinxing the game?
  • Options
    It is bizzarre, even in the more famous derbies theres only a 5-6 game swing between teams at the worst. I cant think of any others anywhere near as bad in terms of record.

I know Ipswich are on a run 10 or 11 years without a win again norwich, but even there its only a handful of games between them in terms of wins recorded. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    cafctom said:
    I think the fact that we’re Smallwall and have never played in the premiershit probably makes it harder for you? 
    Oh please do shut up. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Evertons last 30 games theyve won 3 against Liverpool 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Someone’s  been on the beer.
  • Options
    So it's been 10 league meetings since we last beat the Spanners but do we have a worse run without a win against any other team in the top two divisions?

We're about to find out...

Liverpool - 3
    Man City - 1
    Leicester - 1
    Chelsea - 7
    Arsenal - 11
    Sheff Utd - 2
    Bournemouth - 2
    Brighton - 5
    Palace - 2
    Man Utd - 17
    Tottenham - 4
    Wolves - 4
    West Ham - 0
    Burnley - 5
    Newcastle - 0
    Aston Villa - 0
    Everton - 4
    Watford - 1
    Southampton - 4
    Norwich - 1

West Brom - 4
    Preston - 4
    Leeds - 0
    Swansea - 2
    Forest - 3
    Bristol C - 3
    Sheff Wed - 1
    Fulham - 10
    QPR - 1
    Hull - 1
    Birmingham - 1
    Brentford - 0
    Cardiff - 2
    Derby - 0
    Blackburn - 0
    Millwall - 10
    Huddersfield - 2
    Reading - 0
    Wigan - 3
    Luton - 0
    Middlesbrough - 0
    Barnsley - 2
    Stoke - 0

(League games only)

Man Utd - 17
    Arsenal - 11
    Fulham & Millwall - 10
    Chelsea - 7
    Burnley & Brighton - 5
    multiple on 4, 3, 2 and 1.
    Teams that we beat last time out on 0.

It's mad that that statistic compares Millwall to Man Utd and Arsenal. Man Utd during the Fergie years, including the treble season; Arsenal back when they were winning the FA Cup and going an entire season unbeaten; Millwall when they... existed. Fulham is an odd one as well, no explanation as to why we haven't beaten them for so long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    It is bizzarre, even in the more famous derbies theres only a 5-6 game swing between teams at the worst. I cant think of any others anywhere near as bad in terms of record.

I know Ipswich are on a run 10 or 11 years without a win again norwich, but even there its only a handful of games between them in terms of wins recorded. 

There was a cracking stat on the Bundesliga thread and I know its not a local derby but a derby/rival game of sorts.

Dortmund's recent record away to Bayern Munich

15/16: 5-1 Munich
    16/17: 4-1 Munich
    17/18: 6-0 Munich
    18/19: 5-0 Munich
    19/20: 4-0 Munich

That has got to hurt.

Thanks to @stackitsteve for the stats

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Someone’s  been on the beer.
    Haha spot on. 
  • Options
    Albert Einstein is one of the most famous scientists in human history and his theory of general relativity is one of the most well-known equations (if not actually understood!).

What is not so well known is that dear old Albie was a big footy fan and his work to understand the workings of the universe led to his little-known "Theory of Inevitability" which, coincidentally, also featured the equation E = mc², although in this case:

E is the level of expectation that Millwall will beat Charlton;
    m is Millwall's form;
    c is Charlton's form;
    and neither m nor c can be zero.

There is never a scenario where the chances of Millwall winning are nil; in fact the better Charlton are the less likely we are to win.

The old boy knew what he was on about ...
  • Options
    Well, tbh, there is the law of averages, and all of the Millwall grandchildren will be saying to their parents... 'when is the last time we beat Charlton?'
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I just want us to smash them in the return - even if we lose , lets get 4 sent off and just fucking do 'em.
    At least fucking go for it from the off and put some fucking passion into it.
  • Options
    Is it that bad. With only 6 league wins since the WWII, I guess so.
  • Options
    Is this the most stupid thread title in CL history?
  • Options
    Is this the most stupid thread title in CL history?
    Callums next thread: "Was moving back to The Valley really a good idea?"