Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Are We Picking Up So Many Injuries?

2»

Comments

• Options
    In Asdas said:
    I hope Cullens not out for too long, didn’t look good being stretchered off.
    Did the Cardiff player who fouled him get booked?
  • Options
    No mate,  he should have though.
  • Options
    Oztumer was endlessly fouled today
  • Options
    Yup
  • Options
    His height compared to them was probably a big factor

Cardiff players were probably some of the tallest and bulkiest we've come against
  • Options

Cardiff players were probably some of the tallest and bulkiest we've come against
    Foul's a foul. Utterly disgraceful that the challenge on Cullen went unpunished. Should have been a yellow. Properly used VAR would have seen to that.
  • Options
    Oztumer injured too today. Who has their boots for Tuesday?
  • Options

Foul's a foul. Utterly disgraceful that the challenge on Cullen went unpunished. Should have been a yellow. Properly used VAR would have seen to that.
    Unfortunately seems to work differently when your in a Charlton shirt

Bigger players foul our smaller ones nothing gets given

Iwelumo | Gray | Makienok | Magennis on the other hand would be constantly penalised

Agreed that it was embarrassing there was no yellow, ankle injury was unfortunate (no way was the Cardiff player trying to cause that in the same way Son didnt deserve to be sent off for the leg break) but the challenge itself waranted a booking in this case because it was from behind and resulted in the Cardiff player getting no where near the ball
  • Options

It should have been a yellow, but then to be fair the referee was one who didn't seem to like giving cards out, and with Lockyer and Gallagher one game away from a ban, I'd probably prefer that!
  • Options

It should have been a yellow, but then to be fair the referee was one who didn't seem to like giving cards out, and with Lockyer and Gallagher one game away from a ban, I'd probably prefer that!
    Good point, overall, about the ref, but he didn't even rate the Cullen challenge as a foul. Not good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    My son informed me on the car journey back we’re up to 14 players out at the moment, Hope now a takeovers happened we can get some more help in the treatment department.

So many broken parts of the club to try and fix.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Any news of building an extra treatment centre / recruiting additional medical help ?
  • Options
    just had a browse through P Crouch's second tome. (he has the ability to make very good and serious points in a semi comedic and east to read manner)
    The point ? .. he claims that from around the age of 20, most pro players play most games at somewhere around 70% peak fitness. Even taken with a pinch of salt, this sounds feasible. Managers and owners will always want their money's worth from their playing staff so long as they are not totally crippled and M I A.
    In the current injury plague climate at CAFC, I do wonder how many of our injured players have more of a lazy mental rather than physical problem. Perhaps some of our loanees are too keen to sit out games on the pretext that they are not '100% fit and ready'
  • Options
    So which of our players are you suggesting fit into the "lazy mental problem" category then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So which of our players are you suggesting fit into the "lazy mental problem" category then?

why don't you stop asking silly, nit picking questions dumbo
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I think it was a fair point. Gallen obviously researches players deeper than what they do on the pitch. Do you think he would have signed Tony Watt?

Tracey is obviously vital to combating stress in new players. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You talking to me?

You're the one suggesting our players have mental issues, "dumbo", not me. Just wondered if you could back that up or were just ranting from the middle of your cabbage field.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I think it was a fair point. Gallen obviously researches players deeper than what they do on the pitch. Do you think he would have signed Tony Watt?

his decision/recommendation wasn't too hot when running the ruler over Hamed and Kayal .. or do you reckon they have been good signings ?  .. every manager/scout makes mistakes, Gallen has a superb record overall, BUT he (or someone) was mistaken over these two, (for example).
  • Options
    Not sure either Kayal or Hemed are out of the side through lazy mentality, merely injuries that become more problematic the older one gets. No great history of being crocks either.  Possibly victims of Bows intense fitness regime on little pre-season. They fact that they are mates despite coming from different religions in Israel is a sign of mental strength. 

When you are shopping at Lidl, you sometimes have to buy from the bargain bin and take a punt.  And yes I think a fit Kayal is a starter. Hemed was always cover. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

his decision/recommendation wasn't too hot when running the ruler over Hamed and Kayal .. or do you reckon they have been good signings ?  .. every manager/scout makes mistakes, Gallen has a superb record overall, BUT he (or someone) was mistaken over these two, (for example).
    Really? 

Which players would you have signed that that would not have cost any money and come from a Premiership club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Off_it said:

Really? 

Which players would you have signed that that would not have cost any money and come from a Premiership club?
    ones that are ready, fit and willing to actually turn up and play .. REALLY 
  • Options
    One could probably have expected Hemed and Kayal to be better than they have been . Most of the other signings have been decent although I wouldn’t have bothered with Aneke or Purrington