Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil McNulty / Darren Bent

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
BBC

Far be it for me to defend a spurs player *sad face * I do wonder if Phil McNulty has ever actually seen Bent play.

"above average striker who has never made an impact at international level"

"As a goalscorer, I would take Defoe ahead of Bent every time"

"A good striker without being top class"

I bet he would be the first to say that Berbatov is worth 30m plus despite not scoring as much as Darren in a better side.

One thing he did get right was commenting on the board's negotiation which was very good.

I really want Darren to go out and prove everyone wrong..(even if it means Spurs doing well!)

Comments

• Options
    i am sure he rates walcott higher than defoe and bent,seeing as he made the world cup squad.
  • Options
    Who the f**k is Phil McNulty anyway?
  • Options
    One of these talentless no-brain hacks who churn out the same rubbish time and time again. If he wasn't in football he'd be banging on about Paris Hilton probably.
  • Options
    I read a report during the U21 about carson being inexperienced and having hardly played for the last 2 seasons, completely missed the fact that he had been on loan at CAFC for this season, probably just looked at his Anfield record and did not know enough to remember last season, hacks oftem no f all
  • Options
    What a tosser!

"As a goalscorer, I would take Defoe ahead of Bent every time - and it is a safe bet there will be a few Premiership managers who agree.

Jol clearly thinks differently and I will happily bow to his superior knowledge if Bent proves worth this astonishing amount of money."

This McNulty character sure is a world authority on a player's worth to a team.

As if he knows more about the game than successful top league professional managers ...........! *rolls eyes*