Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racism at the valley?

See this on Facebook where they’re shitting on the fan for being ‘a grass’, and thought it was only right it’s shared on here.

i for one wasn’t at the game on Saturday, this apparently occurred in north upper (covered end!!). 

Did anybody else see/hear this? Disgusting if so, and even more disgusting that nothing was done about it ....

Comments

• Options
    I saw a group being confronted, but had no idea what it was for as was a few rows in front.

Had some absolute dickheads in there yesterday though, high pitch screaming anytime Preston were on the attack. Was coming from a similar part of the block so wouldn't be surprised if it was the same group.
  • Options
    I must admit I was very surprised at the first tweet about the racism but not so much about the second.

A bloke I know is a season ticket holder and member of the Wolves London supporters club. He reported a fellow Wolves fan for doing a full on monkey impression at a Chelsea player.

The outcome is the bloke has had to move seats because 'monkey man' is looking for him and others around have called him a grass.
  • Options
    Clearly totally unacceptable. Are the club aware and are they investigating? We can't complain about the Leeds goalkeeper and accept this behaviour. Or do Leko and Bonne get banned for being a grass? 
    Didn't see it so we all have to be careful about not jumping to conclusions. 
  • Options
    The only thing with these sort of incidents is it’s always reported after the event - do it at the time more chance of getting them caught. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Clearly totally unacceptable. Are the club aware and are they investigating? We can't complain about the Leeds goalkeeper and accept this behaviour. Or do Leko and Bonne get banned for being a grass? 
    I believe that this incident got reported to the club yesterday but the person reporting it only said anti social behaviour and not racism. The club only then monitored it instead of acting on it immediately.

I am sure that if the person that reported it, or anyone else that saw it contact the club then they will investigate it further and do something about it.

Disgusting behaviour if true and no place for it anywhere in society.  
  • Options
    Reading the thread on the FB group is pretty depressing.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Sadly not a great surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    redman said:
    I believe that this incident got reported to the club yesterday but the person reporting it only said anti social behaviour and not racism. The club only then monitored it instead of acting on it immediately.

I am sure that if the person that reported it, or anyone else that saw it contact the club then they will investigate it further and do something about it.

Why do the club not act immediately on ASB ?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    redman said:

I'm sure if they saw it then they would.

Say for example you reported some ASB to the club but the person had stopped doing it by the time the message got through to the control room what can they do except monitor it?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    redman said:

Say for example you reported some ASB to the club but the person had stopped doing it by the time the message got through to the control room what can they do except monitor it?
    I accept that. The way your post reads, the club would have acted immediately if the person reporting it had mentioned racist abuse but didn’t as it was “only” ASB. Both allegations should surely warrant the same response, after all, someone has been that affected by the behaviour of others to report it at the time.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    redman said:

I accept that. The way your post reads, the club would have acted immediately if the person reporting it had mentioned racist abuse but didn’t as it was “only” ASB. Both allegations should surely warrant the same response, after all, someone has been that affected by the behaviour of others to report it at the time.
    Sorry for wording in such a way but I am sure you understood what I meant.

• Options
    It's been a VERY long time since I heard anything racist at the Valley. Suddenly more reports in the press and this happens. Surely not 'true' Charlton fans but the latest wave of troublemakers starting something up
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Reading most posts on the FB group is pretty depressing.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    joined saturday and have left already, so many morons around !
  • Options
    Come on, don't you all know racism is cool at football atm. Stop being so boring and embrace banter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's been a VERY long time since I heard anything racist at the Valley. Suddenly more reports in the press and this happens. Surely not 'true' Charlton fans but the latest wave of troublemakers starting something up
    'True' Charlton fans are not above racism - it is endemic across rafts of the population as a whole.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    'True' Charlton fans are not above racism - it is endemic across rafts of the population as a whole.

I think what I meant is that it is unlikely to have been any of the regulars. It's sad to think that there are still racists in 2019, surely a very small minority?
  • Options
    quite shocked at the above as never seen behaviour like this. 
  • Options
    quite shocked at the above as never seen behaviour like this. 
    Same, and very disappointed  it wasn`t  dealt with straight away.
  • Options
    the whole ground is covered by cctv so something like coin chucking should be easily picked up on.