Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Preston | Sun 03 Nov | 12noon KO | Match Thread

And, we go again. 

All the news here as we get it.

C'mon Charlton!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Kayal starts ahead of Oztumer in the only change

Lapslie and Leko back but both on the bench
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Edit: Bugger ... beaten to it.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Personally quite liking this early kick off. Nice way to start the day
  • Options
    5 at the back?
  • Options
    Is that Declan Rudd in their goal?
  • Options
    5 at the back?
    Reckon same system to the one against West Brom - Gallagher will play in the Oztumer role rather than Kayal though I imagine
  • Options
    Is that Declan Rudd in their goal?
    Yes it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose we're playing a back three of BFG II, the skipper, and BeckenSarr the Enforcer; Solly and Ben Purr as wing-backs; a middle three of Pratley, Cullen, and Conor; Kayal at half-forward just behind Macca.

Doesn't look too bad a line up with good options of Leko, Ozzie, and/or Mount Chuks to come on in the second half.
  • Options
    Yeah so do I... Got up at 9am today (Had a slight lie in) got ready and left home at 10am - No pissing around waiting till 1pm to leave for Football

Only trouble is its a bastard for the away fans and those coming from even further than me (Im only 30mins drive away) - I do still have sympathy for those people who had to get up a lot earlier
  • Options
    5 at the back?
    Six if you count Pratley ;-)
  • Options
    No you don’t. This was extensively covered in another thread - there’s no way anyone could like or enjoy a KO at this time.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    No you don’t. This was extensively covered in another thread - there’s no way anyone could like or enjoy a KO at this time.
    Well I must be the exception then :)
  • Options
    I do wonder how much Bowyer rates Oztumer. He rarely, if ever, brings him on as a sub, and there are a few games I thought he would surely start and he has not.

I do wonder if its because of the defensive side of his game. He certainly looks great on the ball and can play in spaces our other players cant, but be to me he does not look like he has the fitness and physicality Bowyer demands off his players. 

I would rather see him come off the bench then Chuks at the moment as do believe he is one of those players who can create something out of nothing. 
  • Options
    Looks a little negative to me but what do I know ? Lee usually gets it right 
  • Options
    Greetings from a very windy and rainy SW France. Looking forward to this one and very hopeful of 3 points. Should be a hard fought game with both sides looking for the win. Wish I was there. COYRs!! 
  • Options
    Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Sarr Purrington
    Cullen Pratley Kayal
    Gallagher
    Bonne
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would say its maybe just as attacking

Kayal has shown he's got an eye for a pass
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Well I must be the exception then :)
    Yep, me too. It was a big blow for me as well cos I was looking forward to it, until I got told it’s an awful kick off time and no one should be happy about it.
  • Options
    Yeah so do I... Got up at 9am today (Had a slight lie in) got ready and left home at 10am - No pissing around waiting till 1pm to leave for Football

Only trouble is its a bastard for the away fans and those coming from even further than me (Im only 30mins drive away) - I do still have sympathy for those people who had to get up a lot earlier
    Completely agree it is a huge inconvenience for many I'd be annoyed if I'd had a night out last night
  • Options
    Yeah I live ten minutes away, this is great. Might even get some birdwatching done afterwards 
  • Options
    I think we will be penned back in for long periods with that line up. Would rather have seen Leko back to use his pace against BFG. 
  • Options
    Would say its maybe just as attacking

Kayal has shown he's got an eye for a pass
    I totally agree with this, I think fans really need to watch what he can do. In the first half against Bristol City he didn't have the ball as much as in the second, but kept finding useful pockets of space.

I feel like a lot of our play can go through him if we can find him. 
  • Options
            Phillips
     Lockyer Pearce  Sarr
                Solly   Cullen  Pratley Purrington
         Gallagher  Kayal
            Bonne
  • Options
    I hate lunchtime kick-offs as I have to leave home 7:00 - 7:30 to drive down and find a parking spot. Any later and I'm parking closer to Bexley than The Valley. At this time of year it's doubtful whether I'd even make it home in daylight.

The only saving grace about today's game is that I'd driv down to mum and dad's yesterday so I had a lie-in and a relatively short trip from Larkfield.
  • Options
    I am happy with that line up, probably the strongest available for Bowyer's favourite way of playing .. Kayal was showing signs of running into form at Bristol and WBA ..  pity that Hemed is still not fit (when will he ever be ?) as he is the type (when available) who could shake up Bauer and the rest of the P N E defence .. come on you Addicksaaahhhhhh 
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
            Phillips
     Lockyer Pearce  Sarr
                Solly   Cullen  Pratley Purrington
         Gallagher  Kayal
            Bonne
    That’s probably about right and we push forward a lot more 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!