Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket checks Tomorrow

Just a quick note to tell you that the club will be carrying out checks on concession tickets for tomorrow's match, specifically for "Kids for a Quid" tickets but, going by past experiences, some over eager stewards may include disability tickets in their search.

Hopefully this won't happen to you but, just to be safe, if you bring some photo ID with you it may make access to the ground a little faster.

The article on the club's website can be found here: 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5db7020f9c7ef/advice-for-fans-purchasing-concession-tickets-ahead-of-sundays-game

Comments

• Options
    I heard a comment from one of the Charlton staff at the last home game that 3 had been caught in the west stand area.
  • Options
    I can't go tomorrow so Golfie Jnr is taking a mate & using my season ticket. I'm assuming that as an U18 is using an adult ST there shouldn't be a problem...or will an over zealous steward get involved. FWIW they will be going into the East Stand by the lower (automated) turnstiles.
  • Options
    I can't go tomorrow so Golfie Jnr is taking a mate & using my season ticket. I'm assuming that as an U18 is using an adult ST there shouldn't be a problem...or will an over zealous steward get involved. FWIW they will be going into the East Stand by the lower (automated) turnstiles.
    You would assume no problem.
  • Options
    Season tickets are NON-transferrable. Should a season ticket holder not be available to attend a match and wish a colleague/friend to attend, the season ticket holder is to contact the ticket office. We will arrange for a paper ticket to be collected. This arrangement cannot be processed on a matchday. The season ticket holder shall be deemed responsible for the behaviour of the third party using the paper ticket. 
  • Options
    Season tickets are NON-transferrable. Should a season ticket holder not be available to attend a match and wish a colleague/friend to attend, the season ticket holder is to contact the ticket office. We will arrange for a paper ticket to be collected. This arrangement cannot be processed on a matchday. The season ticket holder shall be deemed responsible for the behaviour of the third party using the paper ticket. 
    Hmm. Not a lot I can do now is there. I had eye surgery the other day & can't drive....or see properly so no point going. 

Will just have to chance it. No reason why they should be stopped going through the automated turnstiles. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who glanced at the thread title and read Tight Cheeks Tomorrow?
  • Options
    Am I the only one who glanced at the thread title and read Tight Cheeks Tomorrow?
    Yes.

But you're a proper perv.
  • Options
    Hmm. Not a lot I can do now is there. I had eye surgery the other day & can't drive....or see properly so no point going. 

Will just have to chance it. No reason why they should be stopped going through the automated turnstiles. 
    I think concession tickets set off a light that flashes inside the turnstiles.
    So it shouldn't flash and I don't really see why they should be bothered if a kid is using an adult ticket.
  • Options
    I’ve got a minor problem with this tomorrow but it should all be okay, I hope... so I usually go with my girlfriend, we both have student season tickets, but my girlfriend can’t go. So I’m going with her cousin but he is also a student. We have changed seats for the game because he only likes to be in the Covered End, which is fine, so we have paper tickets instead. The problem is, one of the tickets has my girlfriend’s name on it.

We have contacted the ticket office today explaining that the assignment of the ticket is to go to her cousin, but they would have been closed by the time we emailed. The other problem is that he is still awaiting his official form of student ID card from the university, but he has Unidays ID as proof of being a student. There’s nothing else you can have until that official student ID card arrives.

We will have proof of the email sent, the paper ticket, his Unidays ID, and his driving licence as proof of who he is as well, but I just hope they are understanding because if you don’t physically have a ID card yet, what are you meant to do? 
  • Options
    @Addickted being the club apologist as usual. He loves Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers for the heads up @Addickted 

Your gratefully
    AFKA - Age 8
    Oh to be a mod where you can quietly remove any proof of accidentally posting on the wrong thread ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2019

He'll be fine, they won't ever stop a full price adult ticket. I take mates on my dad's ST whenever he can't make it and have never had an issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Your gratefully
    AFKA - Age 8
    You couldn’t say you’re tall for your age.
  • Options

Your gratefully
    AFKA - Age 8
    You couldn’t say you’re tall for your age.
    8 hours. This site is slipping :-)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I’ve got a minor problem with this tomorrow but it should all be okay, I hope... so I usually go with my girlfriend, we both have student season tickets, but my girlfriend can’t go. So I’m going with her cousin but he is also a student. We have changed seats for the game because he only likes to be in the Covered End, which is fine, so we have paper tickets instead. The problem is, one of the tickets has my girlfriend’s name on it.

We have contacted the ticket office today explaining that the assignment of the ticket is to go to her cousin, but they would have been closed by the time we emailed. The other problem is that he is still awaiting his official form of student ID card from the university, but he has Unidays ID as proof of being a student. There’s nothing else you can have until that official student ID card arrives.

We will have proof of the email sent, the paper ticket, his Unidays ID, and his driving licence as proof of who he is as well, but I just hope they are understanding because if you don’t physically have a ID card yet, what are you meant to do? 
    Hope it's a gender neutral day
  • Options
    Ticket checks on a mid-day KO ?
    Could be a lot of Meerkat action in the stadium till 12.25.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Girl's name is no problem. If they question him, he just needs to tell them he’s transitioning. 
  • Options
    I know a few folk have transitioned from the upper North to the East or West because their legs have gone.
  • Options
    So on the OS it also says season ticket holders (concessions) need to take proof as well. Surely this is done when ST is bought. So now I have to take my sons passport with us, great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going with my friend on his wife's ticket. If any over-zealous security challenge me, I'll be self-identifying my gender. Should anything come of it, I'll post all the details on this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83747/dutch-man-69-who-identifies-as-20-years-younger-launches-legal-battle-to-change-age

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Numbers said:
    So on the OS it also says season ticket holders (concessions) need to take proof as well. Surely this is done when ST is bought. So now I have to take my sons passport with us, great
    It should be only if he looks like he may be too old for the ticket he has.
    So perhaps yes if he has an U11, but looks 12.
  • Options
    Just putting my nappy and baby grow on so hopefully I wont get challenged about my ticket
  • Options
    They are checking in the Covered end.
  • Options
    If the ticket checking is as thorough as the bag check, you'll just need a random piece of paper to get in
  • Options
    They are checking in the Covered end.
    Hope they're not checking if your end is covered ?
  • Options
    I had my ticket checked.

Rather aggressive steward "oi I'll see your ticket now" as I walked through the turnstiles. Showed him my ticket and he asked if I had a student card. I said yes and showed him it. He didnt even look at it and let me through. 

After the initial aggressive approach it was odd he didnt actually check. I would have waved any old card at him.
  • Options
    I had my ticket checked.

Rather aggressive steward "oi I'll see your ticket now" as I walked through the turnstiles. Showed him my ticket and he asked if I had a student card. I said yes and showed him it. He didnt even look at it and let me through. 

After the initial aggressive approach it was odd he didnt actually check. I would have waved any old card at him.
    Always the way. Once you gobto show that you have "proof" they don't take it further. Just wanting to catch out those who don't have anything on them. 
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    He is coming up for 17 and is 6 foot and has u18 ticket. The point is when you first get a kids ST you have to prove their age, so having a ST shouldn't need ID every game.

He was checked as we went in, we took passport but the steward said just take a photo on the phone rather than actually bringing the passport or use his oyster zip card. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Numbers said:
    Numbers said:
    He is coming up for 17 and is 6 foot and has u18 ticket. The point is when you first get a kids ST you have to prove their age, so having a ST shouldn't need ID every game.
    I think you're forgetting that some U18 S/T holders that can't attend may give their ticket to an adult, so the adult attends for nothing, rather than purchasing an adult ticket.

It's a right pain, but as always it's the few cheating the system, that cause the problems for the many.