Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orpington Buses Crash (from Nov 2019)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Rugbyaddick, it sounds horrific.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18008992.witness-says-orpington-crash-carnage-like-nothing-seen/

Has the area been shutdown or is it open?

It's open now I've just driven past where it happened
  • Options
    Awful. RIP the driver. Sending best wishes your way @RugbyAddick.
  • Options
    What a dreadful event.
    My thoughts are with the Driver's relatives, the injured, and all the people involved with dealing with the aftermath.

Having read the car was a minicab of some description being driven by someone who has been charged with drug-driving makes my blood run cold.  If found guilty, this should certainly be an aggravating circumstance, and I hope he gets a substantial driving ban after he is released from a long sentence. 
  • Options
    I hope the f***er who caused this gets a long sentence. Tragic loss for the bus driver's family. RIP
    I doubt he will, his defense lawyer will come up with some drivel and it will be manslaughter at best.

This guy only got 8 years for driving around in a field full of campers sleeping in tents, he killed a women all whilst pissed and not having passed his test.

It took five people including the husband to lift the car off his wife..................eight years, he will be out in four.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50137051
    What makes you think that, if the driver's charged, it will be downgraded from causing death by dangerous driving to manslaughter? That seems very unlikely if what's been reported is accurate. 
  • Options
    I was one of the first PCs on scene. It’s not for me to talk about what happened, but what I will say is in my 8 years of policing, it was one of the most horrendous, traumatic and awful scenes I have ever seen. Was due to finish my shift at 11pm. Didn’t until gone 9am and still struggled to sleep. 
    Thinking of you, @RugbyAddick.

Sleep tight, Kenneth.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Huge respect to @RugbyAddick for his work on Thursday night. 

I hope you're getting all the help you deserve. 
    I 2nd that 🖒
  • Options
    An awful, needless thing to happen, and a very difficult situation for people involved in the aftermath of it all to deal with too.
    Hope you are doing ok Rugby Addick, 
  • Options
    I lived round that area before moving to Suffolk, just hope none of my former neighbours were involved.  As an ex Green Badge myself, I agree with Taxi Lad,  One would have hoped that now all these PHV drivers are regestered with the P.C.O. things might have improved, not so it seems. Hopefully, the just giving page will raise plenty for the Bus drivers family,  People like Rugbyaddick, and the other emergency service workers all need a bloody medal, having to deal with something like that. 
  • Options
    Surely the fact that the car driver may have been a cab driver is irrelevant, isnt it? A knob driving while off his head on drink and/or drugs is still a knob regardless of his profession.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My point @Off_it, is that as a potential cab user, I would want an example made of any cab driver (black, mini, or Uber) who was so criminally irresponsible as to get behind the wheel while under the influence (drink or drugs) and delay them recommencing their trade once released from prison.

Who knows, but he may have just dropped off one fare and have been driving recklessly because he was late for his next one?  This is supposition, of course, but it is that potential scenario which scares me.  We all put our trust in the driver of any PSV we get into, that they are fit to drive and will do so with due care.  That appears to be in doubt for this driver, since he has been charged (but not of course convicted) of drug-driving.
  • Options
    If the bus driver was decapitated and did go through the windscreen it sounds like he was not wearing his seatbelt?
    Dont they only wear lap belts? - Surely not a secure as a seat belt that you'd get in a car?
    Bus drivers don't wear seat belts. Shouldn't need to.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    If the bus driver was decapitated and did go through the windscreen it sounds like he was not wearing his seatbelt?
    Dont they only wear lap belts? - Surely not a secure as a seat belt that you'd get in a car?
    Bus drivers don't wear seat belts. Shouldn't need to.
    No one should have to wear a seat belt but accidents happen because of idiots on the road
  • Options
    A man has been charged over a crash in which a bus driver died and 15 others were injured in south-east London.

Dorjan Cera, 21 and of no fixed address, was charged on Friday with causing death by dangerous driving.

He was also charged with seven counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52782369

• Options
    Scum is too nice a word for people like him. 

I was going to say that he should never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car ever again, but in reality how can he be stopped  ??

If you brought in a law that you have to show your driving licence every time you bought a car someone like him would buy one privately or from a network of "unlicensed" sellers.

No idea what the answer is.......apart from a (proper) life sentence or cutting off his arms & legs.
  • Options
    Cutting off his arms and legs?!

Blimey .....
  • Options
    Just lock the fucker up for life, it’s the very least he deserves.
  • Options
    Looks like it........he’s for the high jump that’s for sure.
  • Options
    Life is a total shitter.  We share this planet with specimins like Dorjan Cera and it is an unjust lottery whether we or our loved ones lives are decimated by them and changed forever.

You see these twats everyday on the road.  In forty years of driving i am at the conclusion that you are there not just taking care of yourself but driving for every other idiot on the road.

Jail the useless selfesh ignorant little fucker and everyone be safe out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Life is a total shitter.  We share this planet with specimins like Dorjan Cera and it is an unjust lottery whether we or our loved ones lives are decimated by them and changed forever.

You see these twats everyday on the road.  In forty years of driving i am at the conclusion that you are there not just taking care of yourself but driving for every other idiot on the road.

Perhaps @golfaddick had the right idea.
  • Options
    I don't understand why we never see lifetime driving bans backed up by mandatory prison sentences for non compliance.
  • Options
    This young man is an arsehole and will always remain one, no matter what sentence he receives. The world is full of them, people with no thought or concern for anyone else. He will never be any use or benefit to society, just drain on everything he touches. On his release which I’m sure will be before his 30 birthday he will in all probability continue where he left off.
     I won’t put a link up but another arsehole create carnage 4 years ago on the A20  high on balloon gas killing 2 young men and injuring 6 others. He got 8 years.
  • Options
    From the date in the article this was from before the crash in Orpington. So if jailed before, he is still around after to cause more carnage?
  • Options

Having read the link & now knowing who he is & think it would be much better to just deport him.

Probably cant but that wouldn't stop me. Put him on the next flight back to Albania. 
    And he’ll be back a month later under a different name.  A lengthy prison sentence with no early release, then deported.
  • Options

Having read the link & now knowing who he is & think it would be much better to just deport him.

Probably cant but that wouldn't stop me. Put him on the next flight back to Albania. 
    And he’ll be back a month later under a different name.  A lengthy prison sentence with no early release, then deported.
    But why should we have the expense of having to house & feed him for xx no of years. That's our taxes that are paying for that.

I wrote in my English O level paper 37 years ago that prisoners should be made to work.....like  the old chain gangs. Make them really PAY for their crimes. Build new roads & hospitals. 
  • Options

Five years clearing rubbish and weeds from the central reservation of the M25 without a coned off safety zone.

He likes a bit of speed and danger doesn't he?
  • Options
    Jailed for 2 years at 18. Now at 21 and he still managed to pass a crb test and get a minicab licence from TFL to drive the public around. Interesting.