Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'New town' to be built in S.E London

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any more for Atlantis!
    From memory of long ago local history, in the 16th century this part of the marshes that make up Thamesmead was known as the Breach because of the inlet that went into Abbey Wood close to Lesnes Abbey. The area by the Abbey was supposedly used for either building  or loading the shallow vessels that served the Thames.
    So the Breach would be an appropriate name since it would be a breach of all common sense to allow building without a proper transport infrastructure. Look out for the new Thamsemead pier  to provide a fast river service to Tower Pier.
  • Options
    South London is in desperate need of more travel infrastructure. Wasn’t it Red Ken’s idea to cover the entirety of south London with a tram system? That was then torpedoed by boris for the extremely expensive (albeit needed) cross rail project?

fact is we need extensions on the bakerloo and maybe even jubilee line down into south east London. 
    Agree the need for travel infrastructure. Isnt there talk of a new bridge or tunnel to ease SE  London congestion? Or have i just dreampt that up?
  • Options
    I vote Shatlantis. I’m surprised nobody thought of that for Thamesmead. 
  • Options
    South London is in desperate need of more travel infrastructure. Wasn’t it Red Ken’s idea to cover the entirety of south London with a tram system? That was then torpedoed by boris for the extremely expensive (albeit needed) cross rail project?

fact is we need extensions on the bakerloo and maybe even jubilee line down into south east London. 
    Agree the need for travel infrastructure. Isnt there talk of a new bridge or tunnel to ease SE  London congestion? Or have i just dreampt that up?
    Yeah, Silvertown Tunnel. Construction supposedly starting next year. 

https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/silvertown-tunnel

• Options
    edited October 2019

Silvertown tunnel expected to CREATE CONGESTION in south east London as it converges on the existing A2. It is expected to ease traffic north of the river as it relieves pressure on the blackwall tunnel with an additional access point on a different road. Tolls on the Blackwell tunnel,  and Woolwich ferry likely further down the line, and massive disruption for years to come during works.
    https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2019/10/21/tfl-overcome-silvertown-tunnel-problem-and-vow-to-press-on/

An enhanced Woolwich ferry and new road/ rail crossings at Thamesmead/ Belvedere would be my preference but Silvertown and the Lower Thames crossing have the go ahead as it stands.
    https://highwaysengland.co.uk/lower-thames-crossing-home/
  • Options

Silvertown tunnel expected to CREATE CONGESTION in south east London as it converges on the existing A2. It is expected to ease traffic north of the river as it relieves pressure on the blackwall tunnel with an additional access point on a different road. Tolls on the Blackwell tunnel,  and Woolwich ferry likely further down the line, and massive disruption for years to come during works.
    https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2019/10/21/tfl-overcome-silvertown-tunnel-problem-and-vow-to-press-on/
    Great news. I used to have to use the A2 and Blackwall routes daily and really do not miss that i genuinely feel for those that do it now. I felt pretty stressed out at that time and that journey really was an added factor. I dont think this sounds like it will help SE at all. I wish governments would actually realise how crap the infrastructure is in our parts and how much it impacts on peoples lives.
  • Options

Great news. I used to have to use the A2 and Blackwall routes daily and really do not miss that i genuinely feel for those that do it now. I felt pretty stressed out at that time and that journey really was an added factor. I dont think this sounds like it will help SE at all. I wish governments would actually realise how crap the infrastructure is in our parts and how much it impacts on peoples lives.
    Trouble is how many of them live in our parts and have to use the infrastructure? A bit like sanctioning a few more thousand houses on any spare plot of land round here too, out of sight out of mind for them. Same attitude when it comes to remaining in the EU they don't care about a population explosion in an area they don't live in.
  • Options
    Thamesmead Quays

Atlantis upon Thames

Costa del tráfico

Thames pathway village

• Options

An enhanced Woolwich ferry and new road/ rail crossings at Thamesmead/ Belvedere would be my preference but Silvertown and the Lower Thames crossing have the go ahead as it stands.
    https://highwaysengland.co.uk/lower-thames-crossing-home/

🥳🥳🥳
  • Options
    Thamesmead Quays

Atlantis upon Thames

Costa del tráfico

Thames pathway village

Lagos Upon Thames?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thamesmead Quays

Atlantis upon Thames