Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ridiculous Charlton songs

Magnificent support from us fans again yesterday. WBA are a great club, much like us I feel, top of the league & playing in front of a near full house .

So why can't some of our fans stick to getting behind our lads, instead of the moronic and nonsensical songs aimed at the opposition?

A near full stadium with an excellent atmosphere and we're singing 'your support is fucking shit, Is this a library? The Adams Family, You're just a shit team in Villa and Fuck The Albion'.

I may well have double standards & am quite happy to 'give it' to Millwall etc, but we detract from our magnificent support by singing idiotic songs that make zero sense. 

Singing you've got shit support in a fullish vocal stadium? 
How stupid must we sound? 

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The odd jibe/piss take doesn’t go amiss, it’s part of terrace banter but it needs to be kept to a reasonable level......just don’t over do it is my opinion, though how to regulate it is of course virtually impossible.
  • Options
    Shit team in Villa?

thought their big rivals were Wolves. 
  • Options
    Partially agree. Their 'vocal' support was only heard once they scored then after they went down to 10 men. Quiet for a full house I thought. 
  • Options
    Magnificent support from us fans again yesterday. WBA are a great club, much like us I feel, top of the league & playing in front of a near full house .

So why can't some of our fans stick to getting behind our lads, instead of the moronic and nonsensical songs aimed at the opposition?

A near full stadium with an excellent atmosphere and we're singing 'your support is fucking shit, Is this a library? The Adams Family, You're just a shit team in Villa and Fuck The Albion'.

I may well have double standards & am quite happy to 'give it' to Millwall etc, but we detract from our magnificent support by singing idiotic songs that make zero sense. 

Agree 100%.
  • Options

Absolutely spot on, it's not as if we have a rivalry with West Brom.

Playing the spanners and 'them' then of course the pair of them can get the full monty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Partially agree. Their 'vocal' support was only heard once they scored then after they went down to 10 men. Quiet for a full house I thought. 
    Yes, but the whole stadium was 'buzzing' throughout, you knew you were at a 'proper' club. It was never quiet, an excellent vibe from start to finish. 
  • Options
    Plus, if the opposition fans aren't singing/getting behind their team, isn't that what we want? I know I want them silent.

So why encourage them to start getting behind their team, by singing is this a library?

We must be f#&@&#@ stupid.

(I agree with AFKA if you're say 3 up with 10 mins left, yes it makes sense to take the piss). 
    Instead of going to the pub before the millwall game you could print off some leaflets explaining your concerns and hand them to fans as they enter the den.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Plus, if the opposition fans aren't singing/getting behind their team, isn't that what we want? I know I want them silent.

So why encourage them to start getting behind their team, by singing is this a library?

(I agree with AFKA if you're say 3 up with 10 mins left, yes it makes sense to take the piss). 
    Instead of going to the pub before the millwall game you could print off some leaflets explaining your concerns and hand them to fans as they enter the den.
    I've already said it's ok at Millwall :-) 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Why?
  • Options
    I agree whole heartedly with the "taunting" and makes us seem proper lowlifes. Dont mind a bit of banter but the Adams family song & "you're just a small in...." is plain childish & puerile. Always think it's best just to stick to songs about our team & players.....saying that I thought we were fairly quiet compared to what it has been recently. 
  • Options
    Anybody who takes there young kids to games like me  must cringe when they hear the above songs chanted. We have a great opportunity with growing support and an improving team etc to be more inventive with songs. I know we were back in the sixties and seventies although some would give today’s a run for their money.
    The one about this grounds a shit hole I wanna go home, well nobody’s stopping you, just walk out and your shit aaaaaah. Who wrote that one.
  • Options
    I agree whole heartedly with the "taunting" and makes us seem proper lowlifes. Dont mind a bit of banter but the Adams family song & "you're just a small in...." is plain childish & puerile. Always think it's best just to stick to songs about our team & players.....saying that I thought we were fairly quiet compared to what it has been recently. 

The taunting songs would soon stop if there were no fences and lines of stewards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Acab said:
    Anybody who takes there young kids to games like me  must cringe when they hear the above songs chanted. We have a great opportunity with growing support and an improving team etc to be more inventive with songs. I know we were back in the sixties and seventies although some would give today’s a run for their money.
    The one about this grounds a shit hole I wanna go home, well nobody’s stopping you, just walk out and your shit aaaaaah. Who wrote that one.
    Yeah, a couple of weeks ago, we're in Fulham, where property prices are possibly about the most expensive in Britain and possibly may figure in highest prices in the world & we're singing Fulham's a shit hole I wanna go home. 

(Do these lads have servants and live in Kensington?) :smile:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    yeah also agree about the Adams family one,proper cringey & yes there is no consideration for our youngling supporters,they really don’t need to have the words of that explained to them,course the swearing ones is just a part of life now in any shape or form...so it’s tolerated,a few swore by my littleun yesterday & apologised which I thought was very thoughtful of them,but as I said to them,it’s words she hears pretty much everywhere,we do explain to her it’s something at her age she shouldn’t be saying(& she doesn’t,I might add) ,& at the same time,we try not to makes big deal of it...as hard as it is,I try not to swear at the footy when around her or kids & we have a game where we fill in the blanks as it were with alternative words...it adds to own little atmosphere too...keep up the noise but...

Ban The F*#€%:g Adams Family...!!!
  • Options
    Gillis said:

I must admit I cringe every time I hear The Adams Family. Not particularly from any pc perspective - it just seems complexly irrelevant   in the context of a football match.
    Originally, wasn't it a chant poking fun at clubs from parts of the country with a bit of a reputation for being inbred, like East Anglia (sorry to all of our East Anglian addicks)?

Regardless of your views on the song (personally, I don't like it), at least in that context it sort of makes sense. But singing it to everyone we play, including other teams from London, just makes us look stupid, like we don't understand the joke.
    This is 100% correct.
    It makes the joke on us, instead of the opposition. 
  • Options

The taunting songs would soon stop if there were no fences and lines of stewards.
    Thought it was hilarious when the yoof next to me was shouting at a West Brom fan

"Sit down you f**king four eyed c**t" when

a) he was standing himself
    b) he was also wearing glasses!
    Or someone screaming "you fat b******" when he's 25 stone and scoffing a pie.
  • Options
    Our support is excellent but I agree, we do have some clowns and why people sing these specific songs is ridiculous.

Yes, they were quiet yesterday, but I agree singing songs that are going to entice them to sing or get a bit angry is foolish. Other clubs praise our support when we sing constantly and back the team. Some certain songs just are pointless and made to provoke the opposition. Back the team because some of our songs are very good.

On a side note, I like the tune of the Oshilaja song, just bloody hate the lyrics. Makes no sense and other than having his name in it, has nothing to do with him, us, or football.