Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

your thoughts on your trip to Bristol

Not so much the game but the trip down on the train(parson street) M4
access to the ground stewards catering
was the information I supplied any good?

Comments

• Those stewards looked a bit OTT after we scored , was it 2 or 3 of our fans ran down to the front where the seats were closed off . Don’t think they tried to get on the pitch .
    It looked like the stewards went straight in aggressively to the lads that were down there celebrating.
    i know they shouldn’t be down there but seemed all a bit unnecessary 
  • Everyone seemed to be called Craig or Liam.

The amount of 50+ blokes still sporting ponytails was outstanding. 

• Went in the Rose of Denmark and the one member of staff didn't even know there was a game on. The pub missed out on some good takings.  Mind you it had also run out of almost everything.  If that pub is still there next year, I will be amazed.
  • edited October 2019
    Appreciated your pre match advice on our board and liked the stadium.  It seemed to get a lot of pre game use and must make a decent revenue for the club.  The fanzone is what our owner tried to introduce but ultimately made a mess of and alienated fans instead.

Journeys both directions fine.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

I know the seats were sealed off but not sure why stewards stopped fans running fown the aisles to celebrate with players at the front when we scored, Football is about the joy of those moments for fans and players alike.

Finally, I thought your fans were very respectful by keeping quiet throughout the whole game, I guess they just enjoyed listening to our fans sing more?  I suspect only Fulham can match the Bristol City humm of excitement 😀.
  • As I was staying in town, joined the home fans walking across that park in the dark! Was half expecting it to lead to a dogging site or a pagan sacrifice  :)
  • Steward near us with Bristol City badges on his hat and tie was pretty friendly and chatty nice guy. I stayed locally and we got an uber to the ground so travel stuff wasnt that relevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nearly kicked off coming through the town.
    Decided to go down tge m32 half way through town the boy f@cked about with the sat nav.
    Although there was a bit of swearing it didn't come to blows.
  • Thank you for the information which definitely helped. Managed to park close to the ground around 5.00pm as that was when the resident parking restrictions ended. Eat & drunk in a trendy bar on North street which was fine although it had a snug quiet room!!. Found stewards to be friendly & helpful & the view from the away end was good. On the walk back to the car bumped into a a couple of mouthy locals who didn’t seem to like us Londoners or cockney c*nts as they put it. Journey home was a nightmare as M4 shut between junctions 8 & 6 plus lots of roadworks. Thought the game was like an end to end cup match at times and that a draw would have been a fair result.

• Apart from the result, I enjoyed it. We parked on an industrial estate about 300 yards from the ground. Had arranged to meet a mate in a pub ten minutes from the ground. I quietly asked a couple of blokes the way to the pub and was told "No idea mate, we're from Charlton ". Quite impressed with the stadium. A draw would have been a fair result but heyho. Thanks to the excellent chauffeuring of "Beardface" of this parish, I was back in my Cardiff home shortly after 11pm.
  • Traffic in Bristol a nightmare at 5pm. Took 2 hours from Essex to get 2 miles away from hotel and then an hour to get the rest of the way.
    Nice ground and friendly locals.
  • Shag said:
    Much better Info than Infoman @PaddyP17, just post before the game next time pls mate
    Especially with your username  :)
  • Despite the defeat and the fact I got in around 2 , really enjoyed it . Ground was impressive  , especially the new main stand . All the locals I came across appeared friendly . Shame can't make WBA .
  • Google sat Nav took us on a very countryfied route from Poole to Bristol.
    Saw a couple of Barn Owls and a Stoat amongst other things.
    Still, we made good time and avoided any major hold-up.
    Pre-booked parking in Sainsburys and only a 5 minute walk to the ground.
    Was impressed with all the food and drink stalls around the ground and apart from the result and the injuries enjoyed my first visit to Ashton Gate.
  • Seems like your fans from 1993 are now your stewards, as your atmosphere is now a library. Stewards were aggressive, moody try-hards. 

Much like @NLA detests Coventry, I cannot stand Brizzle.

Four or five nil at the Valley. COYR
  • Despite the defeat and the fact I got in around 2 , really enjoyed it . Ground was impressive  , especially the new main stand . All the locals I came across appeared friendly . Shame can't make WBA .
    Done a great job with the ground when you consider the dump it was in 1994