Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

subbuteo

Gave my set to Nephew and he is potty on it

Me and the bro in law have Ebayed a few stands etc as he wants a complete staduim with the works

So anyone got any stuff in the loft they want shifting ? as long as its not to much £££

Comments

• how about a subbuteo charlton team:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Subbuteo-Football-team-Charlton_W0QQitemZ140132381142QQihZ004QQcategoryZ21551QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • LOL

Have a old set and of course CAFC was the first team i brought for him
  • i've got a scoreboard if you want it, with loads of old classic team names like west germany! got corner flags also. mate if you want it ill just post it, cant really say im going to ask a chalrton fan for a quid! if you want any of it email me at markwebb85@yahoo.co.uk and i will look in the loft cuz i used to have loadsa that sorta stuff.
  • Can't we get a sponsored Charlton Life subbuteo League going, perhaps to raise funds for Delmelza?
    No, thought not. :-)
  • Emailed you MArk

Cheers Fella
  • Bit cheeky seeing that Leftbehind has already asked but any spare subutteo going would be gratefully recieved by my son, especially stands etc. He spends hours desinging and building football stadiums. Any one know how you become an architect?

And I'll have any pre-80s handbooks or badges that you have lieing around the house. Will pay in cash or gossip. : - )
  • Mint condition Charlton team on sale at the Greenwich auction tomorrow morning. Estimate £10 - £15. Haven't checked whether there's a Francis or Benson, but at that price .........................?
  • subbuteo world is a decent site - have bought my son quite a few teams and other items from there.
  • When they announced it was being discontinued about 14 years ago I piled into Nuxley toys and bought a shed load. It's in my loft, gathering dust but is still mint!

My son showed no interest, so hopefully one day it'll be worth a lot more than I paid for it.
  • I had a red and white team and a claret and blue one. This led to mini-leagues featuring Charlton, ManUtd and Workington vs West Ham, Villa and Burnley. My mate (who was the Workington fan) had a team in Wolves colours, and had filed the hair off of one of them to make it look like Derek Dougan. A few years later we would have been balancing pineapples on one of their heads I suppose....
  • Sponsored links:

• My mate had the West Ham team with a painted black one for Clyde Best...

Nowadays you can buy blank black players to paint yourself...!!!
  • Can't rememner what teams I had, but I remember it really hurting my index finger when I played it.
  • I got a stand for xmas when I was about 10 but my mate got excited and leaned over to play a shot and flattened it!
  • [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Can't rememner what teams I had, but I remember it really hurting my index finger when I played it.
    I'm not even going to ask...
  • Haha, you not find it sore constantly flicking your finger against hard plastic? I was only like 7 or 8 at the time though.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]When they announced it was being discontinued about 14 years ago I piled into Nuxley toys and bought a shed load. It's in my loft, gathering dust but is still mint!

My son showed no interest, so hopefully one day it'll be worth a lot more than I paid for it.

I did the same thing. About the only time in my life I did anything remotely entrepreneurial. Then the company survived, I opened up the boxes and the kids trashed it :-(
  • I have the 1970 world cup set in my loft. With Charlton added obviously
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]My mate had the West Ham team with a painted black one for Clyde Best...

Nowadays you can buy blank black players to paint yourself...!!!

What colour do you paint them...white.....? ;o)

My favourite subuteo team was Patick Thistle; red and yellow hoops.
  • Hours of fun in the 60s and 70s. Best surface was if the pitch was pinned onto wood a bit unwieldly but gave an excellent pitch. I too had Patrick Thsitle they were a big favourite of mine along with Bradford City and Holland/Blackpool. Bishop Auckland was good too!
  • I had the Everton championship winning side and Gary Lineker no.10 came with a plaster cast on his arm - a la 1986 World Cup!
  • Sponsored links:

• I had the Everton championship winning side and Gary Lineker no.10 came with a plaster cast on his arm - a la 1986 World Cup!
  • [cite]Siblers whinged on about[/cite]Haha, you not find it sore constantly flicking your finger against hard plastic? I was only like 7 or 8 at the time though.
    Plastic, you were lucky mate, we had bits of old asbestos nailed to the bare floor boards...