Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another 3 games moved for Sky Coverage

Sky Sports.

The Championship clash with Hull at The Valley, originally scheduled for Saturday, December 14th, will now take place on Friday, December 13th (7.45pm).

Meanwhile, the Addicks' post-Christmas game against Derby County at Pride Park, originally scheduled for Monday, December 29th will now kick-off the following evening on Tuesday, December 30th (7.45pm).

Finally, Charlton's trip to Swansea City at Liberty Stadium a few days later, originally set to take place on New Year's Day, will now kick-off on Tuesday, January 2nd (7.45pm).

The trio of fixture changes comes following the news that the Addicks' home matches against Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff City were also previously moved to allow for Sky Sports' coverage, while the 2-2 draw at Fulham earlier this month was also chosen to be televised.

Our next home game against Preston North End is our annual Kids For A Quid game. Bring a young Addick to their first game by clicking here

Comments

• edited October 2019
    What is it with Sky suddenly wanting to show us all the time.

3 in November
    2 in December
    1 in January
  • The new Leeds.

that will certainly effect people who booked to stay in Swansea for the new year. Glad I’ve not booked anything for Derby a game I was planning to go to
  • really annoying about the Hull game. Will now have to miss that as previous plans. Means we will now miss 4 home games on the trot for a variety of reasons; holiday, Christmas plans and now TV
  • Absolute joke. I'm afraid to book any away trains now.

Also that Derby Tuesday is NYE, not the 30th? Or they meant to say Monday 30th.

• Someone at sky must be receiving some worldy reach arounds. 
  • RedPanda said:

Absolute joke. I'm afraid to book any away trains now.

Also that Derby Tuesday is NYE, not the 30th? Or they meant to say Monday 30th.

Also - Jan 2nd is a Thursday not a Tuesday.
  • This is annoying. I was planning to do the Swansea game, not sure if I can now.
  • What is it with Sky suddenly wanting to show us all the time.

3 in November
    2 in December
    1 in January
    Good football and noisy fans. Perfect combination for tv matches 
  • The dates and days of the week don’t match for last 2 games!
  • That has messed up a few peoples New Years plans I reckon.  2nd Jan what a grim time. 

The Saturday 14th December football piss up has been wrecked!!

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    That has messed up a few peoples New Years plans I reckon.  2nd Jan what a grim time. 

The Saturday 14th December football piss up has been wrecked!!

I wouldn't say it's been wrecked, just means you don't have to stop for 90 minutes.
  • edited October 2019
    Excellent... Got two away games on TV now

For someone who cant really travel away now its great for the likes of me, I do have sympathy for those whose plans have now been wrecked

Not including the midweek games on the red button but when did we have this many on TV in a single season

Dont even remember us having so many when we were a Premier League side
  • Damn, got our work Xmas do on the 13th 😔
  • They need to amend that article as the days are wrong. 
  • Was also planning on going to Swansea for the NY Day game. Gits!
  • edited October 2019

Derby County Vs Charlton Athletic
    Monday 30th December 2019

Derby’s meeting with the Addicks was due to be played on Sunday 29th December 2019 (3pm kick-off), but will now be played on Monday 30th December 2019 (7:45pm kick-off) in order to be shown live on Sky Sports.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/three-rams-fixtures-selected-for-live-sky-sports-coverage

• The Liberty Stadium game against Charlton, meanwhile, has been moved from New Year’s Day to Thursday, January 2.

The kick-off time has also been changed. Having been originally scheduled for 3pm, the fixture will instead kick-off at 7.45pm.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/festive-fixtures-selected-live-tv-coverage

• Sponsored links:

• We had a vote this week to decide date for Xmas party at work. Final vote was down to me, I voted for Friday 13th instead of Saturday 14th so I didn’t have to miss Charlton match. FFS.
    Xmas party at the valley 
    Problem solved  :)
  • Supply and demand...

I get this will annoy the core of our supporters who travel and book holidays/ hotels around the fixtures. Whilst unfortunate, this will always happen now we are in the 2nd tier. We have gone from having no coverage to too much! its not a bad problem to have really, it means the wider audience and especially away ones more people can watch it.

It does feel like we are the new Leeds a bit, I am not complaining as I don't often get the chance to go lately... although I sympathise with those who have made plans already and the inconvenience caused. They cant really win either way here...

Same  :#

unlucky for some... (play on the date)
  • What games are in November? Preston, Cardiff and who else?
  • Ah - well there's karma in action. Me all pleased that I am getting to see more of us on tele, and they switch one of the only two live matches I get to see this year to Friday night, so not only do I not get to see it live, I don't even get to see it at all as we are out with family. 

I am guessing that will be a lot of folks work Xmas party plans scuppered too. 

• Yes, the 13th is one of the biggest drinking work party nights of the year so a lot will miss it.  It will still will be a good atmosphere I should think, specially as some will be turning up from all day lunches! 
  • Bugger. Coming home from Edinburgh and booked a hotel for Derby game that is non refundable. Not impressed.
  • agim said:
    What games are in November? Preston, Cardiff and who else?
    Sheff Weds at home.