Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keith Peacock

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
has stepped down at West Ham to have a break from 'front-line' football.

After that I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at The Valley in a Director of Football/Ambassador role.

Comments

• Interesting.

I'm sure he'll end up back here in some capacity one day.
  • I reckon he'll come back - he's very good friends with Pardew and it was Pards that took him to West Ham in the first place
  • Glynn Snodin has gone to WHU, so maybe no room for Keith any more
  • [cite]Posted By: sasha_saves[/cite]Glynn Snodin has gone to WHU, so maybe no room for Keith any more

I expect Snods went there BECAUSE KP was leaving.
  • He might get a game the way things are going.
  • Keith, time to come home now.
  • The prodigal son returns - I hope.
  • Seen the light
  • Sure he will be back without a doubt
  • They said when he left that he may well come back one day in some sort of capacity
  • Sponsored links:

• he, along with Sir Chris of Powell are welcome back without even thinking about it. Legend is Peacock.
  • Peacock for Fan's director!

Oh, hang on a minute, that would mean....
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Peacock for Fan's director!

Oh, hang on a minute, that would mean....

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me! (Tongue in cheek, Henry...)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Peacock for Fan's director!

Oh, hang on a minute, that would mean....[/quote]

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me! (Tongue in cheek, Henry...)[/quote]

LOL, VOTE KEEF
  • I posted this before Dowie's appointment so this is not hindsight speaking but in my view he should have been appointed caretaker when Curbs went in the way Blackburn used to do with Tony Parkes.
  • Keef is a true Charlton legend - and a top bloke to boot.

If he ever comes back it can only be a good thing. Fingers crossed.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I posted this before Dowie's appointment so this is not hindsight speaking but in my view he should have been appointed caretaker when Curbs went in the way Blackburn used to do with Tony Parkes.[/quote]

Yes, that would have been a much better idea than the farce that played out in the end. Won't come back at the moment though, not in a paid role at least. We have already got a very big support staff.
  • There might be a role going if Kinsella ends up going to Colchester
  • Maybe, but Keithy's 62 years old now, probably a bit knackered .....and if he did come back, a bit of a job upstairs.
  • edited July 2007
    sorry but the West Ham situation has left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole of British football. Problem is Keefie was there when the Tevez and Mascherano affair went down. He should have stepped down when Pards went. My visions of him patting the mercenary Tevez on the head at OT at the final whistle make me sick. He has tarnished his reputation being linked to whole disgraceful epsiode and should be left to potter about in his garden for the next 20 years or so as should everyone involved at West Ham and the EPL hierarchy.....then again maybe that is why he has stepped down...not to be associated with a bunch of cheating cnuts...
  • Sponsored links:

• I noticed your last post was completely off beam, and now i see it wasn't a one off. You were either heavily on the jungle juice last night, a wind up, and a very angry man.
  • Blimey, steady on ct, that's the academy of football that you're talking about, LOL.
    I though I was the only one that hated them with such a passion. I was just about to top myself if DB had moved there.
    I think KP is a very decent man with Charlton running through his veins and would not have been comfortable with what happened especially as we suffered as a consequence.
    I remember reading Gavin's column whilst I was over there, and he stated that it was wrong that they weren't deducted points.
    Had they been deducted points and relegated it may well have given us the extra boost that we needed to stay up.
    Considering the service that KP has given us, I think we should forgive him and welcome him home.
    As an aside does anyone agree that the worst piece of business in recent years, even worse than appointing Dowie, was lending Sir Chris to Wet Spam to help them to promotion. How stupid was that!
  • Keith was on Radion London yesterday afternoon being interviewed by Mick Collins. Said he was getting tired and needed a break. He's seen how much better Curbs was for his time out.

He also said that he has left Charlton twice. in '79 as a player and we were relegated the next year but came straight back up and last year as a coach when we were relegated the next season and then..............
  • You can take the man out of Charlton........as they say
  • Bring him back to head up the matchday hospitality - he's a complete charmer. Keeps him involved with the club, but without all the pressure on the management/ playing side. Then again, I guess we haven't got the money...
  • How much do we pay Derek Hales, Weegie.......? ;-)
  • No idea, Oggy. Do you think he does it for love not money??
  • No idea, Weegie. He certainly loves being a Charlton ledge......maybe that's all he needs?
    Anyway, if he does it for love of the club, fantastic.......
  • Think we probably pay John Humphrey and Bob Bolder and Theo Foley, though...
  • Do you think, Weegie, if SuperKev doesn't get fixed up with a new club, we could always bring him back to do matchday hospitality. He was here long enough to know everybody since Eddie Firmani - and after all, he is a Charlton....erm, legend...... ;-)