Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best place to sit/stand for a first timer

This is where I defer to you Lifers. Cardiff tickets are on sale now and I'll be snapping up my ticket this week. I know the Covered end will be the best place for me to watch the match, but would the upper or lower tier be better for standing and singing? Is one block better than the other? Let me know what you think 

Comments

• Options
    J block, North upper
  • Options
    North upper, as central as possible.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I’m not sure the covered end is actually the best place to watch a match (I think from a specatators perspective, you get a better view of what’s happening/ distance perception from the east or west)  It’s definitely the best place for atmosphere though.

I had a season ticket quite centrally in the upper tier for years and I think it’s pretty good there.
  • Options
    Avoid the NW Quadrant.

Had a hooligan who looked liked @MCS standing up and rowing with the stewards on Saturday :- )

PS  It's called the Covered End @Baldybonce and @Stu_of_Kunming - official
  • Options
    I’m not sure the covered end is actually the best place to watch a match (I think from a specatators perspective, you get a better view of what’s happening/ distance perception from the east or west)  It’s definitely the best place for atmosphere though.

I had a season ticket quite centrally in the upper tier for years and I think it’s pretty good there.
    No doubt the view would be better from the East or West, but for my first game, I wanna be in amongst all the noise
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    NSJ or NSL mate, top 5 rows ideally.
  • Options
    View from the top tiers (or back of the east) is pretty good around the ground. If you want atmosphere go upper covered end and fairly central. Its my favourite view and i like that it gives you a real idea of teams defensive shape even if you lose a bit of perspective and action at the far goal isn't always clear.

Avoid Lower covered end. View is average, Atmosphere is decent but no where near as good as upper and the angle of the stand means you get no leg room and if you're short like me and get some lanky prick in front you cant see a thing.
  • Options
    Avoid the NW Quadrant.

Had a hooligan who looked liked @MCS standing up and rowing with the stewards on Saturday :- )

I’m doing 100 lines as we speak.
    Phwoar. That is an absolute sesh mate. So you sold the Millwall tickets to Canters and I to fund your chang habit?!
  • Options
    @Rossman92

if you decide on the upper Covered end  o:) seat ss145 is available but won’t be for much longer. You will be looked after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Avoid the NW Quadrant.

Phwoar. That is an absolute sesh mate. So you sold the Millwall tickets to Canters and I to fund your chang habit?!
    I suspected you were a pair of drug addled hippies.
  • Options
    A seriously good time to attend your first Addicks match! Who thought you'd be able to say that as little as 10 months ago
  • Options
    The museum will be open AFTER the game too @Rossman92
  • Options
    The museum will be open AFTER the game too @Rossman92
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Bringing the GF to Cardiff too, will be her first ever match. NU block J for us, tried it for the first time as my usual spot in L was taken and wont be going back !.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Avoid the NW Quadrant.

I suspected you were a pair of drug addled hippies.
    Hes got us there.....
  • Options
    Rossman, I hope you enjoy your first trip to The Valley. I highly recommend a visit to the museum after to make the most of the day, if you have the time.

If you want to be right in the middle of the atmosphere, you’ll love the upper tier of the covered end, especially at this moment in time.

Just out of interest, how did you come to follow the mighty reds?
  • Options

Disagree with that, I think you get a great view of formations and runs from up there.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman, I hope you enjoy your first trip to The Valley. I highly recommend a visit to the museum after to make the most of the day, if you have the time.

If you want to be right in the middle of the atmosphere, you’ll love the upper tier of the covered end, especially at this moment in time.

Thanks mate! I blame NBC for it all. Premier League started being shown here every week back in 2013. I wasn't a football fan before that but decided to watch a game one morning and got instantly hooked. I was doing my research on picking a Premier League team and instead starting learning about the whole structure of the football pyramid in England and came across Charlton. The history of bringing the club back to the Valley, the friendly community feeling the club had, felt so different from all the big clubs in London so I gravitated towards them, haven't looked back
    Sometimes you just win the Lottery.

Enjoy your trip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope you enjoy your trip - look forward to your feedback. Good time to come and watch us.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Thanks mate! I blame NBC for it all. Premier League started being shown here every week back in 2013. I wasn't a football fan before that but decided to watch a game one morning and got instantly hooked. I was doing my research on picking a Premier League team and instead starting learning about the whole structure of the football pyramid in England and came across Charlton. The history of bringing the club back to the Valley, the friendly community feeling the club had, felt so different from all the big clubs in London so I gravitated towards them, haven't looked back
    That’s amazing. I’m sure we all believe that this club is special, but it’s great to hear it from so far away. 

Have a great trip!
  • Options
    @Rossman92

have you decided?
  • Options
    Have a great day.  As other have said, the valley is a very enjoyable place again (at long last).
  • Options
    You mentioned about being stood and singing... got a feeling you’ll be seated in row X... don’t think they stand up that far down mate 
  • Options
    You mentioned about being stood and singing... got a feeling you’ll be seated in row X... don’t think they stand up that far down mate 
    Not the end of the world if not, can still sing and will get my share of standing at Luton. Would rather have a good view of my first valley game 
  • Options
    Remember to wear a suit and a new scarf you've just bought.

Talk loudly in your best US accent about what a great club this is and what a new owner could do for it.
    & don’t forget to Vlog...👍
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Not the end of the world if not, can still sing and will get my share of standing at Luton. Would rather have a good view of my first valley game 
    Luton will sell out before general sale, they only give out 60% of the away end which is around 1000 seats.