Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Talylor to Leeds

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
Lyle Taylor liked a Leeds tweet of their new 3rd kit. Conclusive evidence that it’s a done deal. 

Comments

• Options
    I never rated that Talylor guy anyway.

;-)
  • Options
    Why release a 3rd kit when it's nearly November, in a few months it'll be out of date again when they design a new one 
  • Options
    Bonne voyage!
  • Options
    Shit shirt for a shit club.....IMHO.
  • Options
    At what point will L**ds be unable to wear white, but will be able to wear powder blue? 

Absolute bilge
  • Options
    Is that the same Lyle Taylor?

In general the move would make sense for both Leeds who look thin up top, and for Lyle himself. Moving to Leeds makes far more sense than Brentford who are a bang average Championship club
  • Options
    Why release a 3rd kit when it's nearly November, in a few months it'll be out of date again when they design a new one 
    Christmas is coming! 
  • Options
    it's a similar colour to our third kit for this season
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    His injury, which no matter what way you look at it is going to hugely devalue him, plus the likelihood of getting that many clubs interested will be significantly diminished.
    Ligament injuries never really completely ‘go away’ and remain a permanent weakness with considerable risk for a reoccurrence, especially for professional sportspersons. IMHO, I doubt there will now be a queue of clubs seeking his services......it’s a bit of a gamble.
    I think (providing we offer him a ‘reasonably’ better deal of course), that he’s now far more likely to remain an Addick.....not saying it ‘will’ happen but that scenario is now a far more likely possibility.
  • Options
    If he does go in January and we replace him with Ivan Toney I would be happy with that, something I would not of said in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Bowyer got Hemed in to remind fans of the dross that doesn't give a toss we had to suffer before he came should the usual suspects turn on the team.
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:
    If he does go in January and we replace him with Ivan Toney I would be happy with that, something I would not of said in the summer.
    Toney has been on fire, I doubt we could afford him now
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:
  • Options
    They have Eddie Nketiah who hasn't yet started a league game for them
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:
    You can say that again
  • Options
    Is it a slow news day ?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I reckon Bowyer got Hemed in to remind fans of the dross that doesn't give a toss we had to suffer before he came should the usual suspects turn on the team.
    I think that is slightly unfair. Hemed may not have set the world on fire in terms of performances. However from what I have heard and seen both him and Kayal are very supportive off the squad and the players, and are by all accounts good people.

I do not think SG and LB would have had them otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle is a little bit of a wind up merchant ( some would say attention seeker) . He knows there are people with no life and are sad enough to go through his twitter account to see every like he does and jump to conclusions. He loves it .  

I am sure he does. Nevertheless there are at least 3 more Twitter accounts, football related, which could all have liked that tweet, and come up as "Lyle Taylor liked". People need to get a grip.
  • Options
    Lyle is a little bit of a wind up merchant ( some would say attention seeker) . He knows there are people with no life and are sad enough to go through his twitter account to see every like he does and jump to conclusions. He loves it .  

Agreed. He knows what he is doing. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I think that is slightly unfair. Hemed may not have set the world on fire in terms of performances. However from what I have heard and seen both him and Kayal are very supportive off the squad and the players, and are by all accounts good people.

I do not think SG and LB would have had them otherwise.
    You're probably right that I am being unfair.

However I was there on Saturday and was not impressed by Hemed's body language at all. He came on as a sub and sauntered around as if he was strolling around the local park on a Sunday afternoon holding hands with the wife.

Kayal on the other hand did look up for it and I am hopeful he will come good and make a meaningful contribution.
  • Options
    If we could sell Taylor to Leeds for the £4M we were offered the last transfer window AND Gallen/Bowyer were allowed to spend all that money on players they see fit, I would be fine with it. I can scarcely imagine what they could bring through the door with that dough and their eye for talent.
  • Options

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ayr United Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Kerr as our new first team Manager. <a href="https://t.co/8gJSAy3lYN">pic.twitter.com/8gJSAy3lYN</a></p>&mdash; Ayr United (@AyrUnitedFC) <a href="">October 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lyle liked this tweet too.  Leeds deal off and going to Ayr United instead.
    Championship Manager 01/02 Legend!!
  • Options
    If we could sell Taylor to Leeds for the £4M we were offered the last transfer window AND Gallen/Bowyer were allowed to spend all that money on players they see fit, I would be fine with it. I can scarcely imagine what they could bring through the door with that dough and their eye for talent.
    While I dont see us as promotion chasers, it would be poor form to sell to a rival.
  • Options
    From what i've read, Bielsa prefers Bamford because of his work rate and all round game and believes he offers the team more of an outlet and links well with the other attacking players. Nketiah is more of a fox in the box type.

Taylor would be ideally suited to Leeds as he's a perfect target man.
  • Options
    From what i've read, Bielsa prefers Bamford because of his work rate and all round game and believes he offers the team more of an outlet and links well with the other attacking players. Nketiah is more of a fox in the box type.

Taylor would be ideally suited to Leeds as he's a perfect target man.
    Hemed would be better for them.

He doesn't move much so an easy target to hit  ;)

• Options
    Can’t imagine they need a 3rd kit considering the colour of the away kit