Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gallagher
  • Options
    1. Gallagher

2. Lockyer

3. Photo-finish between Williams and Cullen.
  • Options
    Early odds, fellas?

I reckon Gunter is very, very slight favourite over Inniss and Shinnie, with Maatsen a potential. Hard to see past those four but we have a lot of very good players
  • Options
    If Pratley sustains his appearances his form and his overall contribution to results (like the odd goal or two) he will be in the running.
    Right now is way too early of course.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Early odds, fellas?

I reckon Gunter is very, very slight favourite over Inniss and Shinnie, with Maatsen a potential. Hard to see past those four but we have a lot of very good players
    Washington with his 23 goals he's currently on target for. 
  • Options
    For sure, Pratley is playing well enough right now, but the question is whether he can keep it up for 46 games, and whether Bowyer keeps faith in him as the pivot when Gilbey etc return. I personally think he'll rotate out of the side enough that one of the four I mentioned will take it on sheer weight of minutes played
  • Options
    One of those seasons where a lot of players could be in contention:

Gunter is bit of a Mr Dependable like Pratley yet might get over looked by others who do things a bit more special
    Inniss will no doubt get votes for his no nonsense defending but Famewo is just as good if not slightly better yet does things slightly quieter
    Shinnie gets my vote at the moment, is playing like I hoped Billy Clarke would play... Really is the conductor in this orchestra for me
    Washington if he get close to 20-goals will also get votes, as too could Aneke for the way he imposes himself in games
  • Options
    I'm going to go with an early shout of Shinnie. Think he's got the tank and skill to stick in the side for a large number of games, and could cut defenses open when our attack gets sharper
  • Options
    I'm going to go with an early shout of Shinnie. Think he's got the tank and skill to stick in the side for a large number of games, and could cut defenses open when our attack gets sharper
    I pity teams when we got Shinnie doing it one side and Gilbey doing the exact same thing the other

Teams arent going to know what to do or who to mark when they start ghosting about the Midfield
  • Options
    I just find it beyond belief that Shinnie could have played for Birmingham City. It's so weird, like a poet who goes to work as a tax collector or something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even weirder is that the nation of Scotland could have produced him
  • Options
    I would add Amos to the shortlist 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I just find it beyond belief that Shinnie could have played for Birmingham City. It's so weird, like a poet who goes to work as a tax collector or something
    You mean like Albert Einstein?
  • Options
    You are all peaking way too early. It is a bloody long season and there will be a lot of twists and turns and injuries and recalls and new players.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Leuth said:
    Even weirder is that the nation of Scotland could have produced him
    Oi, watch it  ;)

Must admit I hadn't even realised he was Scottish till I saw his brother playing for Derby and looked them up!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Leuth said:
    When did he play for Birmingham?
  • Options
    Player of the month for Oct?

Pratley, Shinnie, Famewo, Gunter. They've all done so well.
  • Options
    Gilbey
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    You are all peaking way too early. It is a bloody long season and there will be a lot of twists and turns and injuries and recalls and new players.
    At the moment in January I'd love it if we could add Shinnie on a permanent basis and use his loan slot to bring in a Premier League U23 Striker
  • Options
    Maddison when fit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would like it to be a 18 man tie for POTY.
    I was going to say 25 but that might be pushing it.
  • Options
    This thread reminds me of one of those bookmaker markets where punters blindly back those at the front of the market. Only to find that the ultimate winner isn't even in the market let alone being backed at this present time.

Step forward Marcus Maddison!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc-west said:
    Leuth said:
    When did he play for Birmingham?
    The genius Einstein, in his early days, worked as a simple patent inspector in Switzerland...I was attempting a very subtle comparison!
  • Options
    I was joking. Missed the smiley. 
  • Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned aneke, he's changed the pace and feel of every game he's come on so far 
  • Options
    I really hope it’s someone we sign in January
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Surprised nobody has mentioned aneke, he's changed the pace and feel of every game he's come on so far 
    I would if I thought if he would start enough games, oozed confidence when he came on on Tuesday.