Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Does Davison count towards the squad limit?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Are we 100% sure there is one with the salary cap gone?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Yes but it's being challenged by the PFA I expect it will be abolished.

I don't know if he does count or not he will be 21 when the season starts. 

• Options
    Scored a total of 7 goals last season in the National League and League Two. 

Now expected to be our second striker. 

Not a chance. 
    The article says one of the "options", not "he's our back-up for Stockley" - at the minute I would think Washington is our 2nd option as (although we're all presuming he'll play in the Wing currently as we expect Adkins to play with 2 wingers and a Striker) I'm fairly sure he'd rather be running through the middle. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    For now I think it's still in place. I don't know the timeline on the arbitration decision, and I wonder how much notice clubs are taking of it, since they seem pretty confident it will be removed eventually.
  • Options
    I’m not surprised we’re using Davison. We’ve got Stockley, Washington, Ronnie and we’ll possibly get a loan in as well. We spent fairly big on Stockley as our main man and we have a young player who we need to give a proper season to to assess if we keep him or not. Makes sense, especially given Adkins’ brief to play players from the youth setup. 
    You reckon we'll have 5? I can't see it. Sounds like Davison will be Stockley's cover which for me is a massive concern. I can only see us signing one if Schwartz goes. 
  • Options
    Probably an ok 5th choice striker, didn’t do too badly in his couple of cameos in the Championship. However, its a bit worrying given he couldn’t break into the Forest Green team last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably an ok 5th choice striker, didn’t do too badly in his couple of cameos in the Championship. However, its a bit worrying given he couldn’t break into the Forest Green team last season
    He was loaned in the middle of January to a team chasing promotion who already had a strong squad.

They already had a big striker who was playing well, scoring goals and didn't get injured.
    Davison made 20 appearances, many from the bench - so evidently he was well involved and regarded as an important member of their squad.

Intriguingly, FGR used him as a 2nd striker to run the channels and play off the big man.
    Davison himself has said that was a new experience and added something extra to his game.

• Options
    I have said before,Davison will come good given the chance,he looks quick,strong and as we saw at Dartford,not afraid to have a go at goal from distance,we also have DJ who will get a few.We need more goals from midfield ,Albie  has a dig on him,get him to shoot more often.I do think we are getting a nice balance,a few old heads,some players in their prime,and some desperate to break through,we need cover at LB and CB,maybe 2 midfield and one more up front.
  • Options
    Not a second choice striker yet. 

If we could get another striker I would prefer him going back out on loan. 
    Completely agree. 

The problem is he's not ready and coming on for the odd few minutes/cup game won't help him. 

Was thinking on Saturday that he just doesn't suit the system we play. He won't come on for whomever is on either wing as he's not a winger and he won't come on to replace Stockley either so... Where does he fit in? He needed another loan out, but old cheap as chips TS has forced NA's hand as I can't imagine this is what he imagined. 
  • Options
    He's at the age now where it should be move on permanently or play. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Him, vennings and dempsey all fall into that category 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Him, vennings and dempsey all fall into that category 
    I agree.
  • Options
    I just don't think he's good enough for top half L1 & I can't see the potential that he will be in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    I just don't think he's good enough for top half L1 & I can't see the potential that he will be in the next couple of years.
    Sadly couldn’t agree more. Davison ideally would be a 4th choice striker whose a filler in the mickey mouse cup games. Alarm bells should have rung when he couldn’t get in a league two side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately all the talk from TS and NA, bigging up the youth, especially Davison has me worried that they are trying to make us think that these are as good as any players we wish to buy in. I would love to see most, if not all of our youth come through to the first team and be successful, but not yet
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Unfortunately all the talk from TS and NA, bigging up the youth, especially Davison has me worried that they are trying to make us think that these are as good as any players we wish to buy in. I would love to see most, if not all of our youth come through to the first team and be successful, but not yet
    That would be extremely lucky, but that we ain't!

I have no doubt we will get a couple in "over the line" but at the moment, i think by whatever combination of circumstances we have fucked this one up. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Think we're being a bit too harsh.  Schwartz struggled to do anything when he had better offensive players around him last season.  This current side struggles to create chances with our first 11.  Yes we need another centrally minded striker with pace, along with pace all down the left side.  From what I've seen in a competitive team that creates chances he can be a factor.  Should he be second choice, or an impact player when we're losing?  No, but I'm happy for him to be in and around the first team and be on the bench.  I'll judge when he's in a team that creates chances, and at the very least where the midfield gets it into the attackers quicker.
  • Options
    I had big doubts but he’s starting to show the potential the club saw in him. Deserves to start ahead of Stockley.
  • Options
    Top scorer this season as things currently stand.

Delighted for him as he worked hard for goals and the team against Crawley and Gillingham.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He is still a young player.
    Maybe some posters here have changed their minds just a little bit.
    I don't think he is going to be the next Jarrod Bowen or Ivan Tomey, but he is not a dud.
    As I wrote earlier, whatever else he is from the George Lapslie school of attitude, and personally I love a player who gives everything they have, and doesn't give up or hide or think they're better than they are.
    I loved his equaliser today.

Totally agree. I think he is a better fit in a three as he has the mobility and is brave enough to play the pass or try something. Great work rate and enthusiasm.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:
    I had big doubts but he’s starting to show the potential the club saw in him. Deserves to start ahead of Stockley.
    If he does then his team mates need to think more about how they play the ball to him.

Dont think he won a single header today but the ball kept being punted up to him - Maybe it was the Portsmouth defence who had him in their pocket in that sense, or maybe we were more desperate to get it up field as we were running out of time... But it was really frustrating to watch.
  • Options
    Top scorer this season as things currently stand.

Delighted for him as he worked hard for goals and the team against Crawley and Gillingham.
    I thought he did ok in the U23s when he joined us from Enfield and saw him in a couple of games also did ok in pre season scoring at Dartford and Palarse. Pleased for him and glad I kept my powder dry 😉.