Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Street Violence Ruins Lives - Together for Ten - A chance to do your bit

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
As you all no doubt know both Charlton and Millwall have, over the years, both had tragedy relating to street crime with both Rob Knox and Jimmy Mizen all still fresh in the mind.

With the current spate of knifeings going on it seems this is as pertinent as ever at the moment - and here is a chance for you guys to get involved.  

A group of Charlton and Millwall fans have got together to organise an initiative for the away game at The Den on 9th November. They’re planning to walk 10 miles to the stadium to raise awareness for the Street Violence Ruins Lives campaign alongside some of their Millwall brethren for their version of the scheme - For Jimmy. 

They would love a few more bodies to get get involved or just some assistance with fundraising so I thought I would ask you bloody lovely chaps

There is a video with a bit more information here - 
 https://twitter.com/togetherforten/status/1173306321468362753?s=21

Anything  you guys can do to raise the profile of these causes would be massively appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    A very good cause and a chance to show that 'enmity' between football club fans is usually more pantomime than real
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    As you all no doubt know both Charlton and Millwall have, over the years, both had tragedy relating to street crime with both Rob Know and Jimmy Mizen all still fresh in the mind.

With the current spate of knifeings going on it seems this is as pertinent as ever at the moment - and here is a chance for you guys to get involved.  

A group of Charlton and Millwall fans have got together to organise an initiative for the away game at The Den on 9th November. They’re planning to walk 10 miles to the stadium to raise awareness for the Street Violence Ruins Lives campaign alongside some of their Millwall brethren for their version of the scheme - For Jimmy. 

They would love a few more bodies to get get involved or just some assistance with fundraising so I thought I would ask you bloody lovely chaps

There is a video with a bit more information here -  https://twitter.com/togetherforten/status/1173306321468362753?s=21

Anything  you guys can do to raise the profile of these causes would be massively appreciated

Thanks in advance

Thanks for pushing this. I have helped organise this along with my mate Danny Poore who is Millwall through and through. We are looking for anyone who fancies the walk to join in and show your support. We are walking from Sidcup and leaving at about 9am to give us around 4 hours to complete the walk as Millwall wanted us at the ground for 1pm. People are welcome to join the walk at any point through the walk to show their support.

We have had some great support so far and currently donations stand at £615 so thanks to everyone who has donated. We are quite a way off our target but every little helps and all money raised is being split 50/50 between ForJimmy and CACT (the Knox's preferred charity). To donate please visit 
    https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=Togetherforten&pageUrl=1

Hope to see some of you on the walk

Craig