Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Hopefully Ben has recovered properly and isnt having to rely on injections
  • Hopefully Ben has recovered properly and isnt having to rely on injections
    I told you not to mention that!
  • I really hope Kayal and Hemed can show why we put so much effort into signing them.
  • Good to see the 3 of them back again, a shame Kayal and Hemed weren't able to play in the U23 match on Friday as we have no match before next weekend and both will be short on match fitness having barely played.

We will really need available for the WBA game as without Field and Leko, our squad will be a bit stretched
  • Good news that Purrington is hack as we are definitely "short" in the lb position if Solly plays there....😁

As for the other 2. Hard to judge as they've not had much game time, but from what I've seen they are a bit meh & wouldn't even get on the bench.
    bit harsh seeing as Kayal hasn't even played yet !!
  • Kayal and Hemed was away on international duty I think, whether they got any play time, I do not know
  • ross1 said:
    Kayal and Hemed was away on international duty I think, whether they got any play time, I do not know
    I bloody hope not ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Kayal and Hemed was away on international duty I think, whether they got any play time, I do not know

Neither featured in their 3-1 defeat to Austria the other night

• Leuth said:
    Kayal got fifteen minutes and was obviously very rusty. Let's see what he can do when properly prepared
    Signed Kayal on deadline day & he's played 15 mins.  Injury prone & not fully fit when signed. Sounds just like Ben Reeves.
  • ross1 said:
    Neither were called up for this round of fixtures.

Both appeared during the last round of games in September though.
  • edited October 2019
    If we play 3 at the back, I’d stick with Jake as left wing back 
  • wmcf123 said:
    If we play 3 at the back, I’d stick with Jake as left wing back 
    One decent game from JFC but if fully fit Purrington has to go straight back in, even in a 3.
  • ross1 said:
    Kayal has been on holiday in Cannes with his family the last few days.
  • mart77 said:
    ross1 said:
    Hemed has been in Tignes.
  • mart77 said:
    ross1 said:
    Hemed has been in Tignes.
    Bit early for skiing.....
  • Being mean I might question why Hemed and Kayal need a break, seeing that they've barely played a minute since they arrived. Indeed if they're both likely to be available for Saturday, extra fitness and sharpness training might be more useful...
  • Sponsored links:

• Being mean I might question why Hemed and Kayal need a break, seeing that they've barely played a minute since they arrived. Indeed if they're both likely to be available for Saturday, extra fitness and sharpness training might be more useful...
    I would imagine that both of them (being experienced pros) will most likely have spent a fair amount of time doing training and fitness work in their own time to get back up to speed, but if the team hasn't officially been training together during the international break they wouldn't gain as much from training at an empty training ground without their team mates anyway

• thenewbie said:
    Being mean I might question why Hemed and Kayal need a break, seeing that they've barely played a minute since they arrived. Indeed if they're both likely to be available for Saturday, extra fitness and sharpness training might be more useful...
    I would imagine that both of them (being experienced pros) will most likely have spent a fair amount of time doing training and fitness work in their own time to get back up to speed, but if the team hasn't officially been training together during the international break they wouldn't gain as much from training at an empty training ground without their team mates anyway

I'm sure they weren't lounging around all day, tucking into the local cuisine, but I'm sure the facilities at Sparrows Lane are better than at their holiday hotels. I'm sure some of the other players will have been in for training and medical assessment anyway
  • Beram Kayal has skippered Celtic before now, also playing for Brighton in the Prem last couple of seasons. He's 31 and may need a bit of match fitness, sure, but it would be insane to write him off already.

Hemed I have admittedly been slightly disappointed by, but from what I could see his style of play was somewhat square-peg-round-hole and hopefully we can get the best out of him with the odd tactical adjustment.
  • Watching Hemed's goals, they often seem to be on a plate, no real work from him other than to find space and then he seems to often get his shot on target, not always a goal but will hit the target and that will lead to goals. 

Kayal's balls (oo-er) were a bit over-hit in his cameo, but nothing worth worrying about as he'll get those right in time.
  • we didn't really miss any of them at Fulham, but who knows, we might have won had they all been able to play ..
     I'd be happier if they could all have a 'junior' game to get into some semblance of match fitness before getting into contention for a first team spot