Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated Music Acts

Comments

• Options
    Sea sick Steve

• Options
    Now, if you want to talk about real music shit, i give you...........Elbow.
    Elbow are shit n all, I'll give you that
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Rolling Stones

I’m a massive fan of guitar based music but I never understood the fuss around them besides the fact that they are still touring at a late age. 
    Agree. They are to me the most overrated band ever. Though Queen are close. 
  • Options
    The Archies.

• Options
    Nirvana
  • Options
    Oasis. I quite like them, well the first two albums anyway. But they aren't original and have nicked a lot of stuff from other bands and yet a lot of people think they are the best band of all time. 
  • Options
    David Bowie
    Kate Bush
    Max Bygraves

Self indulgent old tosh
  • Options

Max Bygraves

Self indulgent old tosh
    He lost it after Singalongamax Vol 22
  • Options

Max Bygraves

Self indulgent old tosh

You Need Hands, was a classic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U2 have been dull since 1985. Definition of overrated. And while I don't dislike the Beatles, the acclamation they get is way above the music they made.They caught the wave and rode it, but their music wasn't so original and different to take them to the levels of adoration they have today.
  • Options

Max Bygraves

Self indulgent old tosh
    Or...SwingalogatMax Vol22
  • Options
    U2 have been dull since 1985. Definition of overrated. And while I don't dislike the Beatles, the acclamation they get is way above the music they made.They caught the wave and rode it, but their music wasn't so original and different to take them to the levels of adoration they have today.
    I think Achtung Baby was their best album, everything since garbage
  • Options
    Rod Stewart....TRex....
  • Options
    Anyone who says The Beatles are shit has a serious (musical taste) problem.
    I don't think they're shit, just overrated
  • Options
    I think the definition of "overrated" needs to be established before listing who is and who isn't. 
  • Options
    overrate
    /əʊvəˈreɪt/
    verb
    past tense: overrated; past participle: overrated
    1. have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.

Seeing some of the bands/artists who people class as overrated is making me very angry although I do appreciate it is only a matter of opinion.
  • Options
    Ludovico Einaudi.

Probably not a name you're familiar with, but his "atmospheric" piano music is likely the sort of thing you've heard on all sorts of adverts, or in the background during a TV episode/film where there's some sort of conflict and character development or some rubbish like that. 

This sort of thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDY95J9aQbg 

His stuff is all somewhat pleasant, but hangs around about three chord progressions (VI-bVII-I; or I-V-VI-III; or so on so forth), and it's all incredibly repetitive. He has made a career out of the musical equivalent of an amateur Instagram sunset photo, or email condolence, and it's all... the same.

Yet people are mesmerised and I do not understand why. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People seem to think overrated and disliked are mutually exclusive. There are plenty of acts I’m a fan of but still think are overrated, because they get more attention than they deserve.
  • Options
    So a band or artist has to be quite successful to be overrated, otherwise they're punching about average, or underrated. 

When I personally think of the other people around at the time, I do think The Beatles were overrated, although I don't mind most of their music 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    People seem to think overrated and disliked are mutually exclusive. There are plenty of acts I’m a fan of but still think are overrated, because they get more attention than they deserve.
    Spot on
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I put Oasis down as overrated - but I still listen to their music very often (especially the first two albums).

So I agree with you 100%.

• Options
    Taylor Swift........ugh!
  • Options
    Oasis.  1 decent album (Definitely Maybe), 1 ok album (WTSMG), the rest was absolute, utter cack.  Outshone at Knebworth by The Prodigy, OCS and the Manics.
    The Killers.
    ABBA.
    Ed f'ing Sheeran.  
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The Beatles largely created the wave when you consider their progression and output within 8 years, and how much they influenced music
  • Options
    Saying the Beatles are "overrated" is like saying Windows is an overrated computer operating system!

Or FaceBook is an overrated messaging system!