Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Name of the Rose

Comments

• They too shall have blackened tongues and blackened thumbs.
  • Danny

And he wasn't good tonight
  • all about studio 17 on BBC 4. 
  • Watched bits of it inbetween England's failure to win tonight.  Film version is excellent if you've never seen it.
  • Watched bits of it inbetween England's failure to win tonight.  Film version is excellent if you've never seen it.
    Enjoy the film version.

I thought this version was closer to the book although it's a long time since I read it.

Easy choice to switch channels from the England game when the Name of the Rose started.
  • Never read the book. Great film though, Ron Perlman is fantastic. Also, love the line at the end "I don't have the benefit of your experience". 
  • Easily depressed by another England performance i decided pretty quickly to channel hop. What better way to lighten the mood than to tune into a stark take on murder and machinations set in the dark ages.  Coincidently set about the time i was last interested in an England football team, Keegans perm, Butch Wilkins, them was the days!
  • Missed this as we were away .

Please could someone point me in the direction of which channel to Catch Up on this. Thanks.
  • BBC2 being repeated at 02:00 Sunday morning 
  • Missed this as we were away .

Please could someone point me in the direction of which channel to Catch Up on this. Thanks.
    BBC2, so i player.
    Not really my cup of tea, I gave up after 15 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched this. Loved the film a few years ago. I thought the tv production values were excellent and, aesthetically, it was a joy to watch. Unfortunately I thought the script was boring and it failed to grab me. 
  • BBC2 being repeated at 02:00 Sunday morning 
    Thanks, SHG.