Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

20’s Plenty

i keep forgetting that the away match tickets in the Premier league are capped at 30 quid.

How about a campaign where all championship clubs charge 20 quid for away fans. 

Might encourage a few more people to travel to games, especially northern outposts/ southern shandy outposts.

Particularly if sky are going to keep mucking about with kick off times.

Comments

• Options
    There is one ongoing I believe, there's a fan group championing the idea on twitter.
  • Options

CAST are involved in this campaign and we wrote to CAFC about it in August:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/08/cast-joins-the-twentys-plenty-campaign/

We had an initial meeting and Charlton do seem to have responded with a bit more interest than some other clubs in The Championship.

Nationally, however, the campaign seems to have stalled a bit. Partly because most away tickets seem to be in the £24 - £27 bracket and it is only really Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday who charge excessive amounts for some games. (I'm told Fulham will revert to normal pricing once their rebuilding is finished).

There has been a shift in emphasis towards reciprocal pricing and we have been speaking to Reading Supporters Trust (STAR) about persuading Charlton to reciprocate the £20 price that Reading charged us last month. That would create the situation where Reading fans are watching the game at a lower price than home fans which might not be very popular with everyone. But, looking at the larger picture, any move which reduces the costs of away supporters must surely be a good thing.

• Options
    Just paid £32 a ticket for Spurs' trip to Anfield.

Typical Levy still charging a £2 per ticket administration fee.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Just paid £32 a ticket for Spurs' trip to Anfield.

Typical Levy still charging a £2 per ticket administration fee.
    Four quid a goal?  Blimey,