Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent appreciation thread

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Good luck in your new job Darren, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Not only did you have more ability on the pitch than those around you, you had more class off it as well.

Cheers for the goals, the workrate and knowing how to handle yourself properly in the press.

You'll be missed.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the goals & the effort fella.

Best of all thank you for the personally signed shirt you gave me at the end of the season. It will be framed & put up pride of place in my bedroom (No not on the ceiling). It's been a pleasure watching you Benty.

D D D D D Darren Bent..... best £2.5Million we've ever spent (Sco's song)
  • Options
    Agreed AFKA, fine gentleman and superb player who'll go a long way. I just wish he didn't go to the spudscum
  • Options
    ditto

His professionalism on and off the pitch was a joy to have to be honest. The other Bent should be embarrassed someone as young as Darren can act in that way.

Good luck you're gonna need it
  • Options
    Darren Bent Bent Bent.

God knows how Ollie is going to follow you around North London
  • Options
    Top bloke hope you leave spuds asap
  • Options
    Darren Bent, Superstar,
    Came down from Ipswich on a traaaccct-ah.

Echo the sentiments of those above. Don't mind him going to Spurs, with Berbatov and Keane he'll score loads of goals, then probably get to play for England - when players might actually trust him to pass unlike when he played for England with us!!

Brilliant player, brilliant bloke, if we'd have had a team of players with his attitude last season, we wouldn't have had to sell him now.

Good luck Darren.
  • Options
    best charlton striker i've seen im my lifetime , a pure pleasure to watch and a very humble individual.... good luck to him
  • Options
    Great bloke, great player, super professional.
    I wish you'd been with us a couple of years earlier mind.

Go and show 'em all how good you can be in a top team.
  • Options
    Ditto to all of the bove
  • Options
    The Best Charlton Striker I have seen, Good Luck. Still give the Spurs fans the Old "ear" thingy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Dazza and many thanks for your goals.
  • Options
    The goal at home to Birmingham, when he left Melciot for dust is one of the ones that really stand out for me.
  • Options
    curler against Spurs for me, great goal.
  • Options
    We paid far too much for him. £2.5m for a striker unproven in the Premiership. Curbs is a rubbish manager and it's time for him to go.
  • Options
    good luck darren,
    hope your dream of international recognition comes true
    you deserve it, I am sure the whole of england will be cheering your name soon
    Good Luck and thanks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]We paid far too much for him. £2.5m for a striker unproven in the Premiership. Curbs is a rubbish manager and it's time for him to go.
    Are we talking about Darren or Marcus?
  • Options
    Good luck Mr Bent and thank you for not Curb crawling.
  • Options
    good luck darren. thanks for giving your all!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Good luck in your new job Darren, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Not only did you have more ability on the pitch than those around you, you had more class off it as well.

Cheers for the goals, the workrate and knowing how to handle yourself properly in the press.

You'll be missed.

dude, couldnt of put it better myself.

Good luck benty your a star.
  • Options
    Cheers for the memories Benty and all the best for the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And also benty i will always remember that wonderful (cant believe i used such a pussy word) goal against Brum last year, the one where you skinned Melchiot as if he wasnt even there, and then went onto just simply smash it into the top corner of the goal. I dislocated my shoulder celebrating. Not seen someone finish like that since, well i dont no, Clive wasnt really that type of powerful and pacy player.

Anyway you been a joy to watch.
  • Options
    Good luck Darren. Thanks for making our club better. Quality on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Many thanks Darren.
    Many a bet won with 1st goal scored, also put £5 e/w two seasons ago @ 125-1 to be top goal scorer.
  • Options
    Good luck Darren, will probably never see a better Charlton striker in my lifetime.

Looked genuinely upset at Liverpool, will alway remember that game.

If you dont get a game next season, please sign back for us for half the price when we come back up.
  • Options
    Top man Darren,
    Good luck and thanks for the memories !!!!
  • Options
    Will finally have to give up calling you Baby Bent now. Good luck Darren - knew you were the real deal when I saw you hit those two great goals v Sunderland on your debut. And you never failed to disappoint. Go do it for England now - you deserve it.
  • Options
    Good luck Dazzling Darren.
    You will be sorely missed.

Hope you still live local tho!
  • Options
    Woke up with the mother of a hangover this morning to the text-

Shame it was to Spurs IMHO- but i genuinely feel this is he best move for him- As someone said last night- if his goals get them to 4th place and C/L football then money well spent.

Thanks Darren-you are a gent and i. like most, wish you all the best!
  • Options
    Just read the os, comments from Darren brought a tear to my eye,
    can't really think of the words to say about the man.

Thanks for the memories, like Weegie the moment you scored those two at
    Sunderland, we knew you were special.
  • Options
    i';m going to dig out the youtube clip of him walking off clapping us at liverpool. always knew that would be the last time we saw him in our shirt :-(