Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clifford Edgar Skinner (Cliff Skinner) no need to open if you don't know the name.

Hi all, 

Cliff Skinner passed this morning at 4.45am

He has been a permanent fixture at the valley, the village, the Swan, the Bugle, the con club, lib club and any darts league , football leagues and DJing for the past 60 years. 

He's my dad, bit numb at moment but he was very much a people person and lived to give people pleasure. 

He was good friends with most people including a lot of CAFC players in 60s and 70s and lived in Charlton and Woolwich all his life. 

****please, no likes or RIPs needed****

I 100% know there is people on here through darts, Charlton or just SE pubs that would know him so please message me for funeral arrangement should you wich to pass on respects or pay respects. 

He died peacefully with all family members around him during darker days which he would have loved. 

His last word yday when I left, he lifted his arm to call back and squeezed my fist gritting his teeth saying 'Charlton' those that know me know I wouldn't be fishing for likes, I swear on my life that was his last word before 'love you' 

I watched Leeds at home and went straight to hospital saying we beat them, that was enough for me telling him that. I was happy that he went on a high and dreaded us losing to swans 3 nil and him going out on a hiding. 

Red red robin was hard saturday but tonight I might just have to pass.

Laters

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    RIP, thoughts are with you and yours. Would you like me to share this on twitter?
  • Options
    Mate so so sorry to read this 
  • Options
    So sorry mate, thinking of you and your family. 

Will be be thinking of Cliff when the Red Robin pipes up tonight
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your dad's story.

Thinking of you and his family and friends.
  • Options
    I'll be watching on TV tonight and will sing the Red Red Robin louder than normal.

Thinking of you and your family.
  • Options
    Cheering the boys loudly from The Valley in the Sky.
  • Options
    Think of you and the family mate 
  • Options
    Thanks all

Appreciated, will let people know more details when I find out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow.....great last words from your Dad mate.....put a lump in my throat for a minute there.
    In due course, would you consider putting up a picture of Cliff on here as I (and maybe others), don’t/won’t recognise the name but may well know him by sight, especially as I am in my 61st year of supporting The Addicks and our paths may well have crossed.

RIP......Cliff.....RIP.
  • Options
    All the best to you your family & friends. Well choked up reading that.
  • Options
    Wow.....great last words from your Dad mate.....put a lump in my throat for a minute there.
    In due course, would you consider putting up a picture of Cliff on here as I (and maybe others), don’t/won’t recognise the name but may well know him by sight, especially as I am in my 61st year of supporting The Addicks and our paths may well have crossed.

RIP......Cliff.....RIP.
    He was I his 80s bud.

Was DJ even up to his 70s in Raglan, con club, White Swan, Bugle, played darts  for all them as well.
    Big face in the Valley Club and Con club. 
    Lived in and around Charlton all his life round back of Village for 30 years, 
    I'll try and find relevant phot mate. 
  • Options
    I played darts against him for years. A true gent and a barrel of laughs.

• Options
    Put a lump in my throat that @Charltonparklane @_MrDick. Cliff will belting the red, red robin out tonight upstairs. No doubt. My thoughts are with all of Cliff's family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP.

• Options
    Very sorry for your loss mate. I hope that his passing with "Charlton" on his lips brings comfort now and a smile in the future.
  • Options
    Sounds a grand old fella, condolinces  to all who knew him particularly his close family. 
  • Options
    Sleep tight, Cliff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for your loss CPL and Mr Dick. I'm glad your last memories of him are good ones.
  • Options
    @charltonparklane hope today went ok mate
  • Options
    Was a great day mate, he'd have loved it. 

• Options
    I didn’t know Cliff but wanted to say how much this thread moved me. Glad the remembrance went well. I guess we all hope to ‘live, love, laugh and be happy’ during our lifetime so be proud that your dad achieved it all.