Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grounds-keeping team of the year award

Charlton’s grounds-keeping team has been nominated for the Grounds Team of The Year by the Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) for their efforts in League One last season. 
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d8897e24972e/charltons-grounds-keeping-team-nominated-for-grounds-team-of-the-year

Comments

• What bothers me about the above article is why is anyone going this week to watch Leeds when according to that story we played them on 28th August 2019  :)
  • Congratulations. Not having a dig, but puzzled why our team got nominated, as the majority of other pitches I saw last season looked just as good
  • Congratulations. Not having a dig, but puzzled why our team got nominated, as the majority of other pitches I saw last season looked just as good
    Really? I think our pitch looks pretty much picture perfect all season long whereas I have seen a few ropey touchlines and penalty areas in the lower leagues the past couple of seasons
  • Wont be getting it next year, theres a mud patch near the Cupboard end goal that was there before a ball was kicked against blackburn
  • sam3110 said:
    Congratulations. Not having a dig, but puzzled why our team got nominated, as the majority of other pitches I saw last season looked just as good
    Really? I think our pitch looks pretty much picture perfect all season long whereas I have seen a few ropey touchlines and penalty areas in the lower leagues the past couple of seasons
    But then you'd expect a team with our gates and resources (even under Roland) to have a better pitch than many of the minnows in L1 and L2