Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crossing - Best Crossers in Football (and Charlton)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Johnny Humphrey always seemed to put in a good cross on the run, back in the day.
  • Options
    Di Canio
  • Options
    Googled it and found a Top 15 ranking of premier league crossers which brought up a few names not yet mentioned, like Steve Guppy, Morton Gamst Pedersen and David Bentley
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Googled it and found a Top 15 ranking of premier league crossers which brought up a few names not yet mentioned, like Steve Guppy, Morton Gamst Pedersen and David Bentley
    I mentioned Guppy, the other 2 were very good as well.  No one mentioned Stuart Downing yet?

Remember Liverpool bought him and Jordan Henderson because they were the best left and right footed cross (according to the stats) the season before. 
  • Options
    Remember Paul Stewart at Spurs was pretty pin point 
  • Options
    Chris Brunt 
  • Options
    Peter Barnes in his pomp at Man City. 
  • Options
    I've always thought the way Lyle Taylor drives balls across the 6yd box is pretty De Bruynesque
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Colin Powell is the stand-out for me
    Quote from Keith Peacock’s 2004 autobiography:

I rate Colin Powell the best crosser of the ball the club has ever had.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Remember Paul Stewart at Spurs was pretty pin point 
    Hmmm wouldnt be anywhere near my list of Tottenham crossers...

Anderton
    Ginola
    Hughton
    Ziege

They're the stand out ones.

Selected others...

Beckham.  Kanchelskis.  Limpar.  Giggs.  Matt Taylor.  Bentley.  John Barnes.  Trevor Steven.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he wasn't getting arrested or driving into things, Jermaine Pennant could hit a wicked cross.
  • Options
    John Aston - murdered us in a 1-5 home drubbing by Luton after we had taken the lead - he had had a career before that with Man U so had some pedigree. I can remember those curling crosses from my viewpoint half way up the east terrace. I was actually sick for a week after that game. 
  • Options
    Johann Berg Gudmundsson 
  • Options
    De Bruyne and Alexander-Arnold the best around at the moment imo. 
  • Options
    Steve Highway for Liverpool was excellent. For us Colin Powell was consistently good.
  • Options
    Forwards: Colin Powell, Len Glover, JB Gudmundsson, John Robinson.

Full backs: Chris Powell, John Humphrey, Phil Warman (who was originally a winger).
  • Options
    Does a Rory Delap thrown cross count? 
  • Options
    Mark Robson could cross a ball. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    David Beckham is as good as it gets for passing/crossing accuracy.

For Charlton, the best I’ve seen have been Danny Green and Kyel Reid. Both underrated players during their time with us. Thinking it through, we haven’t really had that many wingers where crossing has stood out in recent history

Danny Green's cross for Yann's header away at MK Dons was exceptional.
  • Options
    Dean Kiely was an impressive crosser. Never played a match without checking spectacles, testicles...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very recently, Oshilaja shows real promise in the crossing dept.
  • Options
    Very recently, Oshilaja shows real promise in the crossing dept.
    He made me cross the way he got outmuscled at that freaking corner on Saturday  ;)
  • Options

Full backs:  Phil Warman (who was originally a winger).
    Good call.
    Ditto Brian Kinsey
  • Options
    And a good call Brian Kinsey. He used to run coaching sessions at my school. Taking corners and crossing the ball were a focus.