Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New crowd flag for the Valley in production

Comments

• Does it have the appropriate fire certification and Health and Safety approval?
  • Does it have the appropriate fire certification and Health and Safety approval?

As the safety officer was involved, yes.
  • I'm still (reluctantly)boycotting so I guess this won't affect me too much. But are we now sending a signal that all is OK at the club? I get the support the team not the regime etc, and obviously there have been positive changes over the past year and a bit, but this looks to me like we are forgetting the protests, boycotts and sacrifices people have made by sending a signal that all is now we'll.
    All depends on results.....just gone 1-0 down.
  • Stig said:
    IIRC the old one used to regularly take the lower route, only occasionally venturing on to the high road.
    So the Hales flag's in Scotland afore ye?  ;)
    Yes, I nicked it 😉
  • Will look great going around the ground upside down...

As the safety officer was involved, yes.
    but what if someone sets off a smoke flare underneath it?  Or the people underneath it suffer from claustrophobia?

o:)
  • What about if there is nobody in the stands to surf the banner!
  • Not my problem, not my flag.

Been there, done that, I'm just  passing on what was on twitter 

: - )
  • Are we allowed to stand up when surfing the banner? 🙂
  • Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
  • Sponsored links:

• what size is the flag?

36ft X 24ft

Blimey - going to need a bloody big flagpole!! 
  • Smart. Need to bring back killer though...that was class.
  • How many seconds do you estimate it will take for the flag to pass me by? I want to know how much of the game I'll miss
  • Halix said:
    Not trying to be pedantic here but shouldn’t it read 100 Years AT The Valley?
    Whilst not exactly accurate as we did move to The Mount for one season and then Smellhurst and Wet Spam for a while too.
    Not a vital matter but I just thought it reads slightly better?
    Great design by the way.....and well done one and all.
     No, because as you just explained we haven't been AT the Valley for 100 years.

So pedants would say that's wrong and they'd be right even if it does read better.
    Are we getting pedants made as well ?
    Hope they are triangular :)
    Isosceles, obtuse or equilateral, please be more specific!

If you're going to be pedantic, it's got to be equilateral to please those with OCD.

• would imagine the lower as the chap that is doing the work sits lower north 
  • What’s happened to all the previous big flags??
  • Didn't they used to get passed from the Covered End to the East ?
  • DOUCHER said:
    What’s happened to all the previous big flags??
    Henry took them home for his museum, didn’t look after them properly, got mouldy  so he took to the Bromley tip
    Such a lie.

Ones in my ballroom, the other in the staples
  • DOUCHER said:
    Henry took them home for his museum, didn’t look after them properly, got mouldy  so he took to the Bromley tip
    Bromley has a tip?! 
    Thats taken 200k off the price of houses. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    no surprise there - always thought they were a bit palace ultra plasticy so a fitting end really but each to their own 
  • T_C_E said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bromley has a tip?! 
    Yes, we have to have somewhere to dump last months clothes and get rid of the car when the number plates change.
  • T_C_E said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bromley has a tip?! 
    Yes, we have to have somewhere to dump last months clothes and get rid of the car when the number plates change.

Oi! Leave Bromley alone! We are doing our best to catch up -  on Saturday morning a guy smashed the window in the upmarket jewelers in Market Square before helping himself to some nice watches. Very calmly done (better class of smash and grabbers in Bromley) whilst engaging bemused shoppers in conversation while waiting for Mr Plod to turn up. Easiest arrest ever.
  • addick05 said:
    T_C_E said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bromley has a tip?! 

Oi! Leave Bromley alone! We are doing our best to catch up -  on Saturday morning a guy smashed the window in the upmarket jewelers in Market Square before helping himself to some nice watches. Very calmly done (better class of smash and grabbers in Bromley) whilst engaging bemused shoppers in conversation while waiting for Mr Plod to turn up. Easiest arrest ever.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7493427/Thief-smashes-window-jewellery-store-hammer-helps-chatting-shoppers.html
  • Attention seeker. 
  • well done those who got off their arses and did this.
  • I think it looks very nice.
  • Great flag