Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know Trevor Puddefoot?

Does he still go to games?

Comments

• Options
    I think he is involved with The River Ale House micro pub.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I'd say Detective Glover is correct.

• Options
    Yes, confirmed by the river ale House and @InspectorSands on twitter.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    LenGlover said:
    I think he is involved with The River Ale House micro pub.
    "Involved" understates it, Len; Trevor owns the excellent River Ale House - and still attends games at The Valley.
  • Options
    go and watch Chelsea , not happy with that ! 
    Sometimes goes to away games , yep sounds like an Addick 
  • Options
    “the Athletic’s” - is that what we used to be known as?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've not been in there myself, but everyone who has has said what a great place it is.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Does he still go to games?

Love the fact Trevor’s father is “Mr. W. Puddefoot” - surprised they even included the initial.
  • Options
    Remember the name from Roan days
  • Options
    I knew Trevor back in the early 60s. He was friends with my older brother John when we lived in Phipps House at the bottom of Victoria Way between 1958 and 1966. If he happens to read this site - best wishes from me and John.
  • Options
    Remember the name from Roan days
    Of course he's a Roan chap.  We gave the sea to England and the continents beside!
  • Options
    He was a stalwart of the Mailing List for many years.

In 2003, four of us on there got together to address the suspicion that Sky were not screening us live in accordance with our position in the FAPL - happy days, I suppose. I am pretty sure it was Trevor who had the ace card...he had access to the TV audience data. I cannot remember how that was, because his email address reflected his own business at the time, an online lingerie business called The Undercover Experience. But I think he was still working in a top media agency at the same time.

Anyway  Richard Scudamore and Vic Wakeling of Sky got many complaints from fans about coverage, but not many written in their own business language, complete with their own audience data. Fair play to them, they almost immediately held their hands up and called it a fair cop, and as I recall the increased live coverage that resulted  was worth an extra £1m to Charlton the following season. Without Trevor's access to the TV data, that would not have happened.  

I never met him in person, next time I'm over I will check out his pub. If anyone knows him, please send a doffed cap from me

Prague - Trevor is the antithesis of the archetypal guvnor: he is erudite, thoughtful, good-humoured - and rare in the licensed trade, he actually listens to what you say!  His attractive personality and team of staff including son and his partner have made the River Ale House into a highly convivial pub, shortlisted for Camra London Pub of the Year.  Proper beers and real ciders, and fair prices...   
    Do you know if he is generally in the pub, say in the evenings, if I would try to pop in during my next visit?
  • Options
    Puddefoot is such an unusual name. My nan grew up in Forest Gate and as a teenager in the 1920s went out with West Ham's star centre forward ...Syd Puddefoot. I wonder if Clever Trevor is related. If he is why did he choose to follow the Addicks.
  • Options

In 2003, four of us on there got together to address the suspicion that Sky were not screening us live in accordance with our position in the FAPL - happy days, I suppose. I am pretty sure it was Trevor who had the ace card...he had access to the TV audience data. I cannot remember how that was, because his email address reflected his own business at the time, an online lingerie business called The Undercover Experience. But I think he was still working in a top media agency at the same time.

Anyway  Richard Scudamore and Vic Wakeling of Sky got many complaints from fans about coverage, but not many written in their own business language, complete with their own audience data. Fair play to them, they almost immediately held their hands up and called it a fair cop, and as I recall the increased live coverage that resulted  was worth an extra £1m to Charlton the following season. Without Trevor's access to the TV data, that would not have happened.  

I never met him in person, next time I'm over I will check out his pub. If anyone knows him, please send a doffed cap from me

Prague - Trevor is the antithesis of the archetypal guvnor: he is erudite, thoughtful, good-humoured - and rare in the licensed trade, he actually listens to what you say!  His attractive personality and team of staff including son and his partner have made the River Ale House into a highly convivial pub, shortlisted for Camra London Pub of the Year.  Proper beers and real ciders, and fair prices...   
    Do you know if he is generally in the pub, say in the evenings, if I would try to pop in during my next visit?
    Send him (the pub) a tweet or message on Facebook.
  • Options

Yes, Prague - Trevor is always behind the bar after a game at The Valley, having watched it himself and with acute views on how we should link midfield with attack.

Meanwhile, I'll give him your regards.  Let me know when you visit - we are both Old Dunstonians, with much to discuss!
  • Options
    What are Trevor’s thoughts on Simon Church?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Puddlefoot was a quality supporter. But when old spongefoot started with us Puddlefoot’s interest dried up. I’ll get me coat.
  • Options
    Likewise Covered End. I can still remember both verses verbatim some 48 years after I left.
  • Options
    Not a patch on "Come sons of Colfe…."
  • Options
    Totus Viribus 
  • Options

Do you know if he is generally in the pub, say in the evenings, if I would try to pop in during my next vi@PragueAddick
    He very often is @pragueaddick and nearly always just before and just after a home game. 
  • Options
    I saw Trevor in action the night of the notorious meet and greet with Les Reed and Mark Robson after Dowie got fired. He got up and fired a load of statistics at Uncle Les about results when we played two wingers and got a chorus of Statto, Statto etc, for his troubles. Uncle Les kinda nodded politely and moved on, and things went downhill from there........