Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mercury Music Prize

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jessie said:
    I think 'The Foals' got a mention on here a while ago .. other than that I have heard of precisely NONE of the revered nominated artistes 
    I've heard of Foals and The 1975. Even played a few of The 1975's songs recently. And I thought Foals were famous in your country? IIRC they became known around the same time as bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Hard-Fi (or maybe a couple of years later than them). I just didn't know they are still going. Anyway I'm surprised I'm slightly more familiar with these nominees than you people are.😂
    Jessie said:
    I think 'The Foals' got a mention on here a while ago .. other than that I have heard of precisely NONE of the revered nominated artistes 
    I've heard of Foals and The 1975. Even played a few of The 1975's songs recently. And I thought Foals were famous in your country? IIRC they became known around the same time as bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Hard-Fi (or maybe a couple of years later than them). I just didn't know they are still going. Anyway I'm surprised I'm slightly more familiar with these nominees than you people are.😂

you say 'your country' .. where are you, the States, Oz, NZ ? .. and as for familiarity with the nominees .. I regard most contemporary British music that I've heard as contrived tripe, a few very talented female artists excepted .. just listened to a couple of Fontaines DC tracks ? .. about as listenable as a miserable cat wailing as it's being tortured .. my opinion of course

I'm Chinese living in China, a country where I assume only 10% are as interested in music as people in Western countries and only 1% listen to foreign music regularly. So basically a very backward country when it comes to contemporary music.

• Options
    Dave's pretty good but imho they've played safe, feel that Slowthai and Idles albums are a step up
  • Options
    Black Midis album is fantastic, give it a listen
  • Options
    I'm disappointed that Tonight didn't win from the OP's list. Great live act.